Thread: [Request] Sound/Audio mods?

Default [Request] Sound/Audio mods?

Are audio and sound effect mods a thing for Rome II? I don't think the audio in DeI right now is necessarily bad or anything, but I think a rework of some of the sounds in the game could provide a fresh and possibly more immersive experience. I know there are a variety of mods for the gunpowder focused TW titles that completely re-vamp all the battlefield sounds and make the gameplay much better in my opinion.

Some general ideas: War drums/marching music, more chanting, officers yelling out orders, more visceral combat sounds like men seaming in agony after receiving a wound, etc.

Is it just a matter of finding quality samples to insert or replace the original files with? I don't know anything about modding. Thoughts??

Default Re: [Request] Sound/Audio mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatse_Mare View Post
    Are audio and sound effect mods a thing for Rome II? I don't think the audio in DeI right now is necessarily bad or anything, but I think a rework of some of the sounds in the game could provide a fresh and possibly more immersive experience. I know there are a variety of mods for the gunpowder focused TW titles that completely re-vamp all the battlefield sounds and make the gameplay much better in my opinion.

Some general ideas: War drums/marching music, more chanting, officers yelling out orders, more visceral combat sounds like men seaming in agony after receiving a wound, etc.

Is it just a matter of finding quality samples to insert or replace the original files with? I don't know anything about modding. Thoughts??

That would be amazing. Signvm Vnvm Formate!

Unfortunately, if I recall correctly, you can't mod any sound effects in Rome 2.
    Last edited by Falco; October 17, 2017 at 02:16 AM.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

You can only edit music and in theory other sounds but due to how files are set up you can't really do that.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    You can only edit music and in theory other sounds but due to how files are set up you can't really do that.
    It is possible but only as a replacement pack afaik. I was able to alter the campaign and battle voiceover audio because I got tired of hearing Imperator! Our horses love blood! etc... I can upload to mediafire if there's an interest. Just found that to be immersion-breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by tullyccro View Post
    It is possible but only as a replacement pack afaik. I was able to alter the campaign and battle voiceover audio because I got tired of hearing Imperator! Our horses love blood! etc... I can upload to mediafire if there's an interest. Just found that to be immersion-breaking.
    what do you mean by alter? like can you change language for some factions? that would be awesome

I stopped playing this game because the guttural stupid roaring that all the agents and armies do ALL THE TIME. I loved the game but it just became more and more annoying and stupid and aggravating. Sure, its fun first time. But over time, I mean, what where they thinking?
    Such a shame, with the DEI mod its one of the best computer games I have played.