Thread: Migration Strategy

Icon5 Migration Strategy

Hi,

after playing "normal" campaigns for a bit, I wanted to try a migration one. But so far I'm a bit lost on the right approach.
    I tried migrating the Etruscans to Germanic lands, but I barely got Mercs on the way, Rome took my settlement the turn after I abandoned it and by the time I found a nice settlement, my army suffered attrition and I faced a build up Army + Garrison. My troops were higher quality but just got swarmed and encircled as I either don't have enough defensive infantry to hold the flanks or not enough cavalry.

• How long should I build up an army before sending it on it's way?
    • Should I leave a General in my original settlement to defend it to death to make sure my army doesn't suffer attrition too early or send everyone on the long track and risk losing my settlement very early?
    • Should I take settlements early to get new troops on my way? Or will this slow down too much and make life harder once I arrive, as everyone else had time to build up
    • Any other tips?

Default Re: Migration Strategy

Unfortunately with this game if you have no settlements your army will get attritted away. I would recommend ensuring you have at least one region at all times, so unfortunately your migrations cannot be too long of a distance.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Default Re: Migration Strategy

Migration with Nomadic armies is a fun play in DEI. They don't suffer cold attrition and also no attrition due to no regions. I migrated with Scythians as far as Baktria but I have been sacking various regions along the way recruiting AOR units and mercenaries.