Thread: Severance

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Severance

Hello dear people. Is Severance a good show?

I don't like shows that try to force "diversity is SO AWESOME!!!1111" agenda down my throat. I don't mind if they portray black people, gay people, Asian people etc. What I do mind is if they portray them as AWESOME just because of their skin and to score points. No, not every series needs a gay couple.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Severance

Imo, it was very interesting, but the last two episodes of the first season were bad.
    I do fear it may go the way of Westworld, meaning the writers haven't actually fleshed out any of the riddles in season 1 and will make it up as they go along, with devastatingly bad effect.
    Still, it is worth a watch, and it may not do as I fear I did like the start and middle of season 1 considerably.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    Imo, it was very interesting, but the last two episodes of the first season were bad.
    I do fear it may go the way of Westworld, meaning the writers haven't actually fleshed out any of the riddles in season 1 and will make it up as they go along, with devastatingly bad effect.
    Still, it is worth a watch, and it may not do as I fear I did like the start and middle of season 1 considerably.
    I liked it from ep 1 and I am in the middle of ep 4 now. It is slow and not "pressing" to watch but I do find myself wanting to watch more of it.
    I haven't watched WWorld season 2, although I liked season 1.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

I freaking hate cliffhangers!

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

So you watched all of season1?
    I am not optimistic about s2, as I said ^^
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC