Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chivalry 2 Remastered

Marble Emperor's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Chivalry 2 Remastered

They are meant to depict knights of the 12th century. 1100 onwards. It is my understanding that mail chausses existed from before the battle of Hastings but were commonplace by the era of the crusades.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

It may have existed, but I think it was rather rare and reserved for the wealthier nobles.
    Often the mesh only covered the front of the leg. I think full mail breeches became widespread for knights in the 2nd half of the 12th century or possibly the 13th century. It must also depend on the regions I imagine.

The Bayeux Tapestry has been the subject of much discussion. Personally, I rather believe that the armor were long and covered the thigh. The lower part is often represented differently, for example with intersecting straps.

My principle is to think about the evolution of armor in the game.
    I generalize the mesh breeches for the end of the 12th century in SSHIP and still use the intersecting straps a lot in the first part. However, this is a personal choice, because I admit that the historical truth is necessarily debatable on this type of detail !

I don’t disagree. I will likely make another revision to address this. I had incorporated mail leggings to differentiate this unit from Medium Lancers which I am also working on. I also wanted to reflect their close association with byzantines, which had greater armor technology at this point than most western soldiers. But I think you’re probably right that this would be rare at this time period, and should be reserved for noble cavalry.

Armenian Medium Lancers

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Cool unit! Good luck with your mod.

Thanks Alwyn, I appreciate the compliments.

Got another new unit to preview

Armenian Nobles

Huge thanks to Blad398 for allowing me to use his great scale armor textures. Please check out his mod, New Teuton, which centers on the Baltic Crusades. This is linked below.

New Teuton 7.7 mod for Medieval II: Total War: Kingdoms - Mod DB

Credits for other textures to INJ1 team and Mount and Blade OSP's.

Coming along nice dude! I hope there will be a remaster for this game.

Thanks, just 3 more units to go for this faction for early period, then I will start working on Georgia.

I hope we get a remaster as well, otherwise we will always be limited by number of factions and number of units.

True! Screw these hardcoded limits man! Right?

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

One of the issues is you'll have to end the mod at the advent of gun powder appearing on the Medieval battlefield since Rome and Rome Remaster don't have the fire by rank mechanic coding Medieval 2 has.

I was not planning on using Rome Total War Remastered. This is being developed in anticipation of a Medieval 2 Remaster. If it never comes, I will release the units as resources for Medieval 2.

Icon1 Re: Chivalry 2 Remastered

Hello,

I hope I am not breaking any forum rules with this post, but I have narrowed the scope of the project that was announced with this thread. If Medieval 2 Remastered is ever created, I will again expand my plans to work towards a full remastered Chivalry mod, but I do not know if that will ever happen.

I am posting this because I am redirecting my efforts into creating a 13th Century - Mongol invasion focused mod based on the Ain Jalut mod's map. Current working project title is Fires in the East.

I am proficient with creating unit models, but I could really use assistance with the coding and scripting, to implement and revise unit rosters and to build the world of the campaign. Please reach out if interested. Below is an image of the map I plan to work with. I will post some updates soon regarding the completed armenian roster - most of which was previewed, but has been reworked, and the Work in Progress Roman and Georgian Rosters.

To any content moderators: I still intend to release this mod as a Chivalry II Submod, although it is quite different in scope to the original Chivalry II. This is why I continue to use this forum/thread. Please let me know if anything needs to be modified and I am happy to oblige.

Thank you!

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

@Marble Emperor

You can help us
    We really need this.I mean SSHIP

It will be good to work together.I can draw textures
    Then, you can port Georgian units here
    Last edited by Khevsur; September 13, 2023 at 04:28 AM.
    Georgian Medieval Shields By Khevsur

https://www.mediafire.com/file/017uq....2023.rar/file

I will be happy to lend any units I create to SSHIP. Georgian units are currently in progress. I will preview a number of new units soon.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Marble Emperor View Post
    I will be happy to lend any units I create to SSHIP. Georgian units are currently in progress. I will preview a number of new units soon.

Show me in private, or let's work on discord too - search Khevsuri

Unfortunately, no one on this forum knows what Georgian medieval warriors were like. That's why they make mistakes. This requires learning. only I know, because I have been researching for many years.
    Last edited by Khevsur; September 13, 2023 at 10:24 AM.

Hello, I will link the discord for FITE below. I will happily take any input regarding unit creation into consideration. I have been consulting your thread regarding Georgian units for SSHIP to guide my work.

https://discord.gg/YKfqAavc

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Marble Emperor and everyone, you have my "blessing" for any such plans, and i'm pretty certain SicilianVespers himself would approve, too.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Some recent work on upgraded armenian knights and armenian serzhanter spearmen.

Last edited by Marble Emperor; September 29, 2023 at 11:13 PM.

Kataphraktoi in the works - Only recruitable from Constantinople in very small numbers.

Credits to INJ1 team for mount and blade for many of the models and textures.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

It's very cool. You do it well

Cilician Armenians were equipped with weapons similar to European ones. But Caucasian and Byzantine Armenians were more different

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...Armenian-Units
    Last edited by Khevsur; October 01, 2023 at 03:01 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast