Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 6-years old kid shot his teacher

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: 6-years old kid shot his teacher

Well nothing like the second amendment to provided home defense...

https://abc13.com/child-shot-killed-...-old/12947339/

But hey I sure those toddlers were in a well regulated militia and just happens.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; March 15, 2023 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Censor bypass.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

But how can a 3-years old pull the trigger of a gun? The trigger is not that easy to pull and a gun is not light.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

On say a Glock it is damn light. We are not talking some old S&W police revolver from 1970s. In any case The pull weight on half the nerf guns I have laying about in my house (after 3 kids) is harder than my Merlin 336 30 -30 - I just tested that and that a 70 year old gun. And even half is being unfair on the pull weight for nerf since pretty sure the ones with an easy trigger are broken or springs are very nearly so. I will grant reloading a round via the lever (and or loading the tube magazine) into my rifle is a harder. But if I left it about with a chambered round there is no safety and it would fire easy enough for anyone.
    Last edited by conon394; March 14, 2023 at 12:58 PM.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    On say a Glock it is damn light. We are not talking some old S&W police revolver from 1970s. In any case The pull weight on half the nerf guns I have laying about in my house (after 3 kids) is harder than my Merlin 336 30 -30 - I just tested that and that a 70 year old gun. And even half is being unfair on the pull weight for nerf since pretty sure the ones with an easy trigger are broken or springs are very nearly so. I will grant reloading a round via the lever (and or loading the tube magazine) into my rifle is a harder. But if I left it about with a chambered round there is no safety and it would fire easy enough for anyone.
    But the pistol itself is heavy, even if for reasons unknown they make the trigger light.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Well nothing like the second amendment to provided home defense...

https://abc13.com/child-shot-killed-...-old/12947339/

But hey I sure those toddlers were in a well regulated militia and just s--t happens.
    And the right's first thought was "Oh no, this might affect the gun manufacturers profits!"

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    But the pistol itself is heavy, even if for reasons unknown they make the trigger light.
    A Glock 43 weighs 18 ounces.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Is it difficult to assemble a decent (not as powerful as real handguns, but able to shoot to kill) gun in a 3d-printer?
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

You still to some real internal parts as I understand it for it to work.

Why wouldn't those also be 3d-printable?
    Of course you'd need to assemble the thing, and use physics to secure that it fires with enough power to do its work.
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"

You need real metal parts that sustain the force of a bullet being exploded. You can make an all plastic one that might or might not work and fire at a low velocity for a very short life. But hey its your hand why not risk it. I assume that is what you mean the plastic kind of 3d printing not the laser and metal kind used by gun manufactures and not the kind jimmy joe bob likely can't afford to equip himself with right?
    Last edited by conon394; March 15, 2023 at 10:29 AM.

Hm, why wouldn't it be relatively easy to use metallic bits found elsewhere, shaped as pipes? They don't cost much, eg here is one you can buy from Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/2x10-5mm-Indu.../dp/B07H9X9746
    I would be surprised if there aren't instructions on how to install that in some 3d printable core.

Granted, though, I was originally thinking of non-explosion acceleration, which is why I typed about less power but still lethal. Even crossbows are lethal, after all ^^

Hm, why wouldn't it be relatively easy to use metallic bits found elsewhere, shaped as pipes? They don't cost much, eg here is one you can buy from Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/2x10-5mm-Indu.../dp/B07H9X9746
    I would be surprised if there aren't instructions on how to install that in some 3d printable core.
    Dude again your hand risk it away. But sorry man everyone in my family was a Tool and Die maker or Millwright or some variation or many of that and back in the day they oft wasted time making suppressors or gun parts when they had slack time and training metal(*) to use to just make stuff to log hours of proving they program a 4/5 axis machine to produce a working thing (and other guys would put in requests for what they made so thus the gun stuff along with real tools and such). Safe to say neither my father nor his friends or relatives would use that grade of metal.

* or a really surprising amount of metal that was simply written off for reasons and nobody wanted to pay to even bother dispose of it so the skilled trades got to play with it if they found here or there.
    Last edited by conon394; March 16, 2023 at 08:47 AM.

No need to be explosion-based. Nowadays there are all sorts of options for the "concerned citizen"/militia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    No need to be explosion-based. Nowadays there are all sorts of options for the "concerned citizen"/militia.
    A zip gun might get you out of jail... but Its not something to build a militia out of.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234