Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6-years old kid shot his teacher

Default Re: 6-years old kid shot his teacher

Republicans set to work making sure that domestic abusers and stalkers can get guns quickly and easily: https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...n-law-00081053

A federal appeals court ruled Thursday that the government can’t stop people who have domestic violence restraining orders against them from owning guns — the latest domino to fall after the U.S. Supreme Court’s conservative majority set new standards for reviewing the nation’s gun laws.
    Police in Texas found a rifle and a pistol at the home of a man who was the subject of a civil protective order that banned him from harassing, stalking or threatening his ex-girlfriend and their child. The order also banned him from having guns.

A federal grand jury indicted the man, who pled guilty. He later challenged his indictment, arguing the law that prevented him from owning a gun was unconstitutional. At first, a federal appeals court ruled against him, saying that it was more important for society to keep guns out of the hands of people accused of domestic violence than it was to protect a person’s individual right to own a gun.

But then last year, the U.S. Supreme Court issued a new ruling in a case known as New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen. That case set new standards for interpreting the Second Amendment by saying the government had to justify gun control laws by showing they are “consistent with the Nation’s historical tradition of firearm regulation.
    The appeals court withdrew its original decision and on Thursday decided to vacate the man’s conviction and ruled the federal law banning people subject to domestic violence restraining orders from owning guns was unconstitutional.
    Next on the agenda will probably be getting guns into the hands of convicted rapists.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Republicans set to work making sure that domestic abusers and stalkers can get guns quickly and easily: https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...n-law-00081053

Next on the agenda will probably be getting guns into the hands of convicted rapists.
    Well depending on what you decide to call a slave holder having forced sex with their slaves they had second amendment rights to guns (and that tradition is far older than say the 14th amendment) and lets be honest the ideal that you can't rape your wife is a very recent thing so again seems pretty “consistent with the Nation’s historical tradition of firearm regulation."
    So my guess youwin that case. An let's not forget the number of rape cases traditionally tossed or never prosecuted because you know the slut was asking for it ...In Texas and than with an Alito opinion.

edit: I wonder if you argue sure I can still have a gun I shot a first nation's person I mean that is consistent with the nations history.
    Last edited by conon394; February 03, 2023 at 07:19 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

It no longer seems possible to me that the problems of the USA can be resolved by democratic means but I would not trust myself with dictatorial powers, certainly not anyone else.

Americans themselves are not willing to talk to each other across party lines and this is not new.
    I remember a conversation I had with a young American adult more than ten years ago, he said everything was partisan.

A "national divorce" looks increasingly more like a good idea but that is superficial, in my opinion.
    I don't see how a state like Wyoming could control it's border.

I have the feeling that we are witnessing the slow death of America.

A "national divorce" looks increasingly more like a good idea but that is superficial, in my opinion.
    In reality, an electoral map of the country reveals just how isolated liberal Democrat (blue) voters are. This is why they are so intent on controlling the public discourse and permabanning anyone who dares disagree as a “far right white supremacist enemy of the state,” etc, to maintain their credibility. If there were a “national divorce” Democrat city states would have to go to war with the entire country or beg for concessions just to be able to open supply chains for food and water. So we’re not looking at a regional divide driven by cultural or material differences like in the 1860s, but one manufactured by the leftist political elite that proudly despises their own country.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Land doesn't vote, people do.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Your map is both obviously inaccurate and completely misleading. Is it related to the the data in the graphs or just made up/? I lean to the latter. Certain the graphs proport to show three categories the map only two. Even the graph is deceptive since is showing not what the question was askes there lies damn lies and statistics but than there are bad charts in a lower ring of data deception.

For Michigan its nonsense. Sorry born in Detroit grew there and have friends and family all over the state. Wayne county red - ha, hahahahahahaha sorry can stop laughing. I admit the blue of Washtenaw, Marquette, Ingham and Kalamazoo counties is accurate but really? Wayne red that is beyond data manipulation a that is fantasy also of course Oakland and Genesse are missing and even maybe Leelanau. But again you look to have poll with five choices tuned into 3 on the line graph and two on the map where do the moderates go?

But wow look how red the UP is - that must mean something right? But net out Marquette and you realize you are looking a empty space more or less. The total population left is maybe half of Washtenaw county. I mean I could play the same game with WA look all those empty places sucking off the tit of King county.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Not in the the the empty states get two senators.
    Last edited by conon394; February 03, 2023 at 02:45 PM.

I’ve seen the meme, yes, though in its original context, it’s still technically wrong. People don’t vote, states do. Accordingly, blue states are no less isolated than blue districts:

Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Still devoid of most of the population and the GDP. Funny I se what you did there making Michigan red - but wait what happens when you have a non partisan body undo gerrymandering and voter suppression - hmm. Have to wonder what color Wisconsin would be?
    Last edited by conon394; February 03, 2023 at 02:47 PM.

2020 electoral results, Michigan:

Wow empty land voted for Trump... do the work yourself take those hard red sections and compare the population the the hard blue ones.

Urban municipalities being more populous/concentrated than rural ones is an observation, not an argument. If anything, it underscores how isolated Democrat voters are, despite the furious copium attempting to dispute that.

50 years of Republicanism drove the South into poverty while the North and coasts prospered. Red states are basically dependent on federal handouts because of the poverty and lack of any industry outside of resource extraction. And they hate it and want to pretend that they’re all independent rebels and rugged mountain men. They can't or won't accept the truth that cities like Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles are the reasons they have paved roads, electricity, indoor plumbing, and internet service, and basically without those cities they'd be starving and sleeping naked on bare ground. So to soothe their bruised egos they constantly threaten civil war for the pettiest of reasons, such as Democrat's desire to keep guns out of the hands of violent criminals as seen in my last post.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    I’ve seen the meme, yes
    And yet here you are, unironically posting that map.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post

I have the feeling that we are witnessing the slow death of America.
    It's not possible, there would just be a civil war. No matter how many wackos (cough cough) think that "their side" would have the advantage in such a circumstance, it would just be a civil war.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

And yet here you are, unironically posting that map.

Controlling for population density at the county level further highlights Democrat reliance on coastal and urban centers for support in 2016. If this is supposed to be some kind of gotcha, there isn’t one. I’m sorry you don’t like federalism. As per my first post, the point is polarization isn’t about whether the North can get along with the South. It’s about whether a handful of left wing elites can succeed in undermining those aspects of the constitutional system which impede their further institutional dominance, like SCOTUS or the Senate. As it relates to the topic, I’m not sure secession would help, and not just because authorities are still trying to figure out how the kid got a gun to school despite being searched upon entry by the administration.

Citizen

So just another round of you saying something without saying anything then.

A.B.A.P.

So just another round of you saying something without saying anything then.
    Is this the part where I should post the stock photo of a projector?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    Is this the part where I should post the stock photo of a projector?
    While I'm flattered you would copy my bit, I'd say get a bit more creative.

A.B.A.P.

I’d say four different graphics proving my point four different ways is creative enough.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast