Thread: As Hayastan, I can't build any government administration after Military Occupation in Byzantion

Default As Hayastan, I can't build any government administration after Military Occupation in Byzantion

In my Hayastan campaign, at the Caucasian Tribal Kingdom reform level, I have conquered Byzantion, and built the Military Occupation building. All the other "buildings" in the town are non-destroyable. And I can't build any government administration on top of my Military Occupation building. Town size is large town, current population level is about 2000 households.

Why can't I build any government building?

Default Re: As Hayastan, I can't build any government administration after Military Occupation in Byzantion

Because you're too far outside Hayastan's geographical area of influence. Every faction has limits to where they can build factional governments, Thrace is not within Hayastan's.

Default Re: As Hayastan, I can't build any government administration after Military Occupation in Byzantion

Ok thanks, so only an allied government there?

The reason I expanded to Byzantion was because it would make a good buffer for the Anatolian peninsula, which I control in its entirety.

Yep, only an Allied Government in Byzantion.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

See, this is why Koinon Hellenon (KH), despite their core Hellenistic roster limitations (including being one of only two Hellenistic factions who can't recruit Indian Elephants at Antioch), is still one of my favorite factions. KH can build factional governments all over the place! In the established Greek territories with existing poleis they can have Allied League states and then the Congress of Hellenes, Founding States, and Greek League Member States. In most other areas around the entire Mediterranean and Black Seas they can have Supervised Native Administrations that can then be upgraded to Supervised Hellenic Administrations if you destroy or simply lack the foreign military garrison building (which can then be rebuilt to regain local native levies). KH is also way better for incorporating and Hellenizing the Western Mediterranean and parts of Western Europe than either Makedonia or even Epeiros. Makedonia's factional governments are generally shifted further to the east in Alexander's fallen empire, whereas the Greeks were always equally dispersed around the Mediterranean as far west as Emporion in Spain, Massalia in France, Syracuse in Sicily, Taras in Italy, etc. Makedonia is roughly as good for recruiting troops in the Pontic region around the Black Sea basin, though.

That wide range of factional government availability is a gameplay choice for KH, as a partial compensation for them not being able to colonise.