Thread: Dumb Supply System beta ver. 0.24 for Total War Rome 2 Campaigns [released - Update 1.5.2023]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dumb Supply System beta ver. 0.24 for Total War Rome 2 Campaigns [released - Update 1.5.2023]

Dumb Supply System Beta Ver. 0.2 (originally made for Citizen Hoplites Mod - now wip) is a simplified supply system which is basically intended to provide a Total War Rome 2 vanilla Campaigns of some more realistic mechanic, applying them a system where armies and fleets are involved in a dynamic balance of consumption/accumulation of food supplies (with good or bad effects, depending on the food supplies values themselves) according to local conditions (like the region type) or to quantitative conditions (like the army size). The system works for AI and player too and It affects armies and navies, with some different mechanics or effects (for AI the penalties will result less hard for reason of global game balancing). The DSS beta ver. 0.2 is not a complete or finished project and it will be released for collective testing purpose.

Update 1.5.2023: Info and screenshost at #12 post of this thread (happy International Workers Day to everyone! )
    Update 13.3.2023: Info and screenshot at #11 post of this thread.
    Update 5.3.2023: Info and screenshot at #10 post of this thread.
    Update 8.2.2023: Info and screenshot at #9 post of this thread.
    Update 27.1.2023: DSS Beta Ver. 0.24 at #6 post of this thread.
    Update 12.1.2023: DSS Beta Ver. 0.23 at #5 post of this thread.
    Update 8.1.2023: Info and screenshots at #4 post of this thread.
    Update 5.1.2023: DSS Beta Ver. 0.22 released. Info at #3 post of this thread.
    Update 3.1.2023: DSS Beta Ver. 0.21 released. Info at #2 post of this thread.

General Advertise: the mod's general check is triggered at every end turn, so some effects could be delayed of 1 turn when a faction changes his diplomatic stance towards player in the game period between end turn and start turn. In the next releases more check for different game moments will be added.
    At the first turn (and only at this) of every campaign game, human player and ai, armies and navies, benefit of global + 36 food supplies wherever they are.

More specifical: The Dumb Supply System provides a simplified supply system to the Total War Rome 2 campaigns, so ai's and player's armies and navies will need food supplies to preserve integrity and to avoid starvation and attrition. In particular land armies will consume their food supplies in foreign lands or at the sea, and they will consume instead food from faction's total food staying in owned regions. If armies or navies remain in hostile zone, without supplies, then they will suffer starvation and attrition.

Download Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2907981870

Mod Rules:

Supply Levels for Armies and Navies:
    Reserves full of food supplies level : +15 to army's morale and 36/36 supplies gathered;
    High Supplies Level : +10 to army's morale and from 35 to 25 supplies gathered;
    Medium Supplies Level : +5 to army's morale and from 24 to 6 supplies gathered;
    Low Supplies Level : -5 to army's morale and from 5 to 1 supplies gathered;
    Starvation: Attrition for all units in the army or navy and - 30 morale for all units;

Land Army:
    in owned land (not food shortage) : +18 food supplies per turn;
    in owned region (food shortage) : lost food supplies because they were redistributed among people and not food
    supplies per turn are gathered until food shortage last;
    in foreign lands or at sea : -2 (for small armies), -3 (for medium armies), -4 (for large armies) food supplies per turn;
    in allied region (no food shortage) : +9 food supplies per turn; \\n\\n in allied region (food shortage) : army will
    consume his own supplies (if present) and no supplies will be gathered until the food shortage last;

Armies' food consumption in owned region:
    small army in owned region : -0.5 foods to faction's total food
    medium army in owned region : -1 foods to faction's total food
    large army in owned region : -2 foods to faction's total food

Armies Movement's Penalties:
    Light Movement's Penalty : -5 Army's campaign movements because of little amount of supplies carried
    Medium Movement's Penalty : -10 Army's campaign movements because of medium amount of supplies carried
    Large Movement's Penalty : -20 Army's campaign movements because of high amount of supplies carried

Fleets:
    in port : + 36 food supplies per turn;
    not in port : -2 per turn;

Turns In Navigation for Navies Effects:
    Fleet in excellent conditions : + 10 morale for all units and + 10 to units' battle speed;
    Fleet in sufficient conditions : -5 morale for all units and -15 to units' battle speed;
    Fleet must recover : -10 morale for all units and -30 units' battle speed;

These are the general basic rules composing the mod. Anyway more other effects are included in the mod (like local effects and the food surplus from private markets factional effects).

The Dumb Supply System (beta ver. 0.2) is still an incomplete project and it has been released for testing and sharing purpose.

Mod Limits: because that's a non complete and still experimental project, i don't know yet if everything will work perfecty for every campaigns. I have hardly tested the mod in these months, but it's possible that some bugs could have evaded my attention.

For now the Dumb Supply System is not fully compatible with the main Rome and Caesar in Gaul campaigns (in the mod pack these campaigns are playable, but some scripted effects and missions are disabled) (to fix in the next release)

For now the starvation effect's red skull icon above the head of character will remain visible also when the starvation effect will be removed, if character takes sea while suffering starvation or character is at sea while suffering starvation and takes land. To fix in game it takes to move the character to the sea (if bug present on land) or to the land (if bug present at sea). Anyway this glitch does not affect the armies' integrity and you can ever check among the character's
    effects if starvation is active or not.

For now the Dumb Supply System fully affects the ai, but for non-human characters there will not be the checkfornewcqi function, so some supplies values, when an ai character dies, will risult incoherent (to fix in the next release)

For now the raiding stances are not tracked by this mod (to fix in the future)

FIXED - For now the mod sees the client/vassal state as foreign land (not allied for supplies gathering)

FIXED - For now if 2 or more characters died in the same turn, it's possible to have some confusional (but not incoherent) results (this problem at the moment is only theoretical and anyway it would not break the mod)

Credits: this mod use the fundamental and unsurpassed armystate/armystateregion/checkfornewcqi techqnique as created by the greatest Litharion, Magnar, Causeless and Mitch in Peoples of Rome 2 Mod, that i learned and adapted to the DSS, so i have to thank them so much. Furthermore i have learned some lua grammar by studying the divine DEI scripts and Peoples of Rome 2. Also i have to say that at starting of my modding activity i have learned about everything was needed to build a mod on the rich Total War Center Forums (i have to specifically thank Jake Armitage, who provided me of every tools useful to mod and for his scripting tutorials and creations). If i missed someone, just tell me and i'll add a further quote.

By Trasibulos from Total War Center