Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lying Representative Santos of New York and other hypocrites

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Lying Representative Santos of New York and other hypocrites

https://us.yahoo.com/news/rep-elect-...004552454.html

The Gist: Representative-elect Santos admits he lied significanlty in his resume after he was elected and his background was checked by the news media. He still intents to do take the position in a few days.

Well, the guy is a slimeball. He admits he is a slimeball writting it off as "Everyone does stupid things in life". Lying about your resume is not stupid, it's dishonest. Lying when it can be discovered very easily is stupid, I give you that. As for "I am not a criminal" I am not sure that applies here as he was running for office - he certainly got money from donations and the Republicans by lying, which IMO is not much different from what scam artists do. It is certainly unethical to be elected on a false resume. The lies were not saying he went to college A while he went to college B, but he was elected as a highly educated, self-made businessman, none of which is true.
    All politicians lie, but not as brazenly. He also didn't have the guts to resign.

Anyway, I wonder whether USA has ways to remove that man from office and if it can be triggered by him admitting he lied to the voters.
    Also I think this man may be easier to "buy off" by interests as he is 1. dishonest slimeball 2. unelectable for his 2nd term.

EDIT
    Another poster was kind enough to piece together a list of hypocritical and lying representatives and politicians here.
    The sources are not far-left conspiracy sites either.

Thus, I would like to reframe the discussion slightly towards more blatantly lying politicians, although Santos so far takes the cake. Furthermore, if someone has a list for democrat politicians caught in big lies or false identities (including pretend to be anti-LGBT while they are gay or pretending to be partially native Americans) from neutral sources (i.e. not Fox, Breibart and other propaganda machines) I wouldn't mind including them.
    Last edited by alhoon; February 01, 2023 at 05:18 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: Lying Representative Santos of New York

In any other profession, lying about...well, literally your entire life...would be grounds for termination.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Praeses

Filthy. Sack him.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    All politicians lie,
    very dangerous affirmation habitually used to attack democracy. It is not true that all politicians are corrupt/liars/demagogues/etc, this is part of the campaigns to replace them with a renovating party/leader. people (fascists habitually in the present times) who claim that they will clean up the country, that they will clean up the capitol, that they will clean up parliament...

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    very dangerous affirmation habitually used to attack democracy. It is not true that all politicians are corrupt/liars/demagogues/etc, this is part of the campaigns to replace them with a renovating party/leader. people (fascists habitually in the present times) who claim that they will clean up the country, that they will clean up the capitol, that they will clean up parliament...
    Equally dangerous to deny that politicians are a profession that very very habitually lies or gives an unrealistically optimistic or pessimistic take on things. The examples are countless. On the other hand, for the life of me I cannot think of any politician that has not walked back on at least some of his or her key promises or lied about a lot of things (or tried to put a spin).
    Also, that applies to all politicians, including those not democratically elected. In fact, dictators say more lies (or bigger ones) from what I have seen.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

From "all politicians lie" to "many times they are too optimistic/pessimistic and sometimes they have to change their position". And we are talking about all the politicians we know in the media of course, which is by no means all of them (you know we live absolutely surrounded by politicians, right? in town halls, parliaments, congresses, ministries, government delegations...).

Santos may face legal issues: https://www.yahoo.com/news/with-camp...204951195.html

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    From "all politicians lie" to "many times they are too optimistic/pessimistic and sometimes they have to change their position". And we are talking about all the politicians we know in the media of course, which is by no means all of them (you know we live absolutely surrounded by politicians, right? in town halls, parliaments, congresses, ministries, government delegations...).
    My statement that all politician lie stands. The local politicians most of all.

And you'll never believe who's defending him : https://www.newsweek.com/marjorie-ta...efense-1769832

Greene, who praised Santos earlier in the day for "being honest with his district" about lying on the campaign trail, reacted to Gabbard's fiery interview on Twitter, writing that the former congresswoman showed Santos "no grace, while George is admitting and apologizing for lying about his resume."
    "Tulsi says that George's actions on the House floor are what is most important, but George has not even had the chance to take action for his district on the House floor because he isn't even sworn in yet," Greene said in a following tweet.
    The Georgia representative went on to point a finger at Gabbard, who served as a Democratic representative for Hawaii prior to announcing in October that she was leaving the party to become an independent. Greene wrote that Gabbard's "actions on the House floor," such as voting with the Democratic Party on issues of abortion and climate change, disqualify her from lecturing "a newly elected Republican member of congress."
    At this point I am completely convinced that Soros, Obama, Hunter and Joe Biden, and even Clinton could put an R next to their names and the GOP would deny ever hating them.

Now, before we go on the new stunning revelation that MTG would support Santos... a little more context about what happened with Tulsi Gabbard:
    https://us.yahoo.com/news/tulsi-gabb...023816245.html

Tulsi, my politician of choice - and it's only PARTIALLY based on her looks! I agree with her too in many things - attack Santos over his lies and asked him how the people he's going to represent are going to feel now etc etc.
    His answer was "But Biden!!!!" which Tulsi rightfully told him was NOT what she was talking about.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

My statement that all politician lie stands. The local politicians most of all.
    Problem is politicians are humans and all humans lie. Can you indicate a different group of humans who don't. But you than conjoin that with

"for the life of me I cannot think of any politician that has not walked back on at least some of his or her key promises "

That is in fact not lying but the simple result that politics is the art of the possible and winning an election does not come with a harry potter wand and green lantern ring. This even more true in the US than in parliamentary unitary states where at almost every level the system is designed to basically resisted change.
    It not fair to imply having to walk back a position that is untenable is a lie.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Comes Domesticorum

Reminds me of this scene:

https://youtu.be/uGkLjfPWqeI

My statement that all politician lie stands.
    If you wanted, you can expand that statement to "all people lie" and still have the same amount of technical correctness. I think the problem is in the lack of utility of such a statement.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    If you wanted, you can expand that statement to "all people lie" and still have the same amount of technical correctness. I think the problem is in the lack of utility of such a statement.
    OK, let me clarify:
    All politicians lie and mislead at a great deal, they are a very untrustworthy bundle. When a politician shakes your hand, you should count your fingers afterwards.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

The crap just keeps piling on. George Santos might not even be his real name:

A recently surfaced video clip from 2019 shows Rep. George Santos introducing himself as Anthony Devolder, prompting questions about why the congressman has previously gone by different names.

In the video posted by the Twitter account Patriot Takes, Santos addresses a panel during an event in New York City featuring conservative commentators who are part of the LGBTQ community.

"My name is Anthony Devolder. I'm a New York City resident. I've recently founded a group called United for Trump, so if you guys want to follow, that would be awesome," Santos says.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

OK, let me clarify:
    All politicians lie and mislead at a great deal, they are a very untrustworthy bundle. When a politician shakes your hand, you should count your fingers afterwards.
    And I still find you unfair and incorrect.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

*spits out coffee*

You mean to tell me a politician has been outed as a serial liar? GADZOOKS!!! LOCK HIM UP!! HOW DARE HE!!!

More and more lies and information comes out about this guy. Each story is worse than the next.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/george-sa...224532976.html

After everything, Santos the scumbag is being suggested for two committees. I guess pretending to be far-right white supremacist pays off after all.

https://www.newsweek.com/george-sant...h-spot-1774851

"Drag queens are the very worst danger this country faces I tells ya!

....unless they have an R next to their name."

I stand by my belief that a Republican could run on a platform of "If elected I will personally come to your house and shoot you in the groin." and not loose a single vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/george-sant...h-spot-1774851

"Drag queens are the very worst danger this country faces I tells ya!

....unless they have an R next to their name."

I stand by my belief that a Republican could run on a platform of "If elected I will personally come to your house and shoot you in the groin." and not loose a single vote.
    Well, at least now most democrats would agree that some drag queens are not well-adjusted people.
    Or... Politicians may well not be well adjusted people.

I believe USA should be in a better place if people that were drag queens in the past have been kept away from important offices, like nuclear waste management or house of representatives.

EDIT: New new allegations and falsehoods

Apparently, people are not even sure Santos is his real name.
    Last edited by alhoon; January 22, 2023 at 12:52 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast