Thread: AI accepts unfair battles on VH

Default AI accepts unfair battles on VH

So i found that when playing VH campaign difficulty there is something wrong with the AI, because if you attack them with a much stronger army they still accept the battle and do not retreat. Also, they often don't attack you with an adequate army, and they besiege your cities with insufficient forces. I know that this is due to the fact that on VH the cpu calculates they AI forces as much stronger than yours so this is the reason why they still accept battle even with insufficient forces. Is there any way to counter this? I also noticed that on VH the AI gets some huge amount of money but it tends to keep their armies garrisoned instead of using them to invade... too many times i noticed 3-4 full stacks of troops packed together doing nothing. Is there some kind of scripted mechanism that tells the AI to " park " their armies instead of using them?

Default Re: AI accepts unfair battles on VH

No, we do not script the AI to park their armies. There is no campaign scripting to do this sort of thing, it's in the CAI hardcoding.

Nor for that matter does our finance script give more aid based on campaign difficulty - if there's anything happening there that is again hardcoded.