Thread: GOAT doesn't wanna convert MESH files

Hugues098's Avatar Laetus

Default GOAT doesn't wanna convert MESH files

I have a problem that really irritates me, I want to convert a MESH file to a MS3D file, I've always gotten errors from my vanilla folder so I modified the MESH files from my mod folder, little did I know that was why I got my models so distorted.

I even put on the GOAT 1.1 patch, still won't work for my vanilla files.

Any help??

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: GOAT doesn't wanna convert MESH files

I would sugest GOM to do this work.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

If it did, I wouldn't have made this post.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imagae.png  

( The mesh I tried to convert was the dismounted_feudal_knights_ug1_lod0.MESH file )

Quote Originally Posted by PeniSdEstroyer99 View Post
    ( The mesh I tried to convert was the dismounted_feudal_knights_ug1_lod0.MESH file )

And just in case you think that I have the invalid version of python, no. I've even deleted the python26 folder that's lying around in my users folder. Now it's only 25. ( 2.5.1 )

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Use modellers toolbox for vanilla files.M2TWMT-0.5B.rar

Alright, thank you!

Sorry if I'm replying a little later, but when I try to merge an MS3D with another MS3D, it is an absolute pain to try and fix. GOM will just crash, and with GOAT, while it may work it just glitches my models. Any solutions?
    Last edited by Hugues098; December 17, 2022 at 12:03 PM.

Patrician

Merging models is usually quite easy. What sort of glitches are you experiencing? If you're able to upload your files that would be nice.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by PeniSdEstroyer99 View Post
    Sorry if I'm replying a little later, but when I try to merge an MS3D with another MS3D, it is an absolute pain to try and fix. GOM will just crash, and with GOAT, while it may work it just glitches my models. Any solutions?
    When GOM crashes in a model merging meaning it uses skeleton bones and vertices apply on them that is not in its "library". It happens espesialy with TATW and other fantacy models that use unique animations ar archer animations.
    Too bad i errased my tutorial of how to use bot GOM and GOAT 1.1 when you need to create archers or mounts.
    This model is still in GOM phase:

and the result:

This model is after GOAT 1.1 PHASE with new skeleton. If you try to convert its mesh with GOM it MIGHT crash....
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

I think that I know the problem, but I don't know if it's the exact solution. Anyways here is the file.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5p43n...rged.ms3d/file

As you can see, when you rotate the joints in Milkshape, the joints rotate fine, until you get into the territories of bone_weapon01, bone_relbow, bone_lelbow and bone_lhand.
    The parts of the sword, sheathe and shield all glitch along with the movements of these bones. The rest are fine.

My solution is to merge the base model with a weapon from weapons_library, instead of painstakingly deleting the parts from the model. But then I do get confused with, how do I change the LOD of each shield / sword?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    When GOM crashes in a model merging meaning it uses skeleton bones and vertices apply on them that is not in its "library". It happens espesialy with TATW and other fantacy models that use unique animations ar archer animations.
    Too bad i errased my tutorial of how to use bot GOM and GOAT 1.1 when you need to create archers or mounts.
    This model is still in GOM phase:

and the result:

This model is after GOAT 1.1 PHASE with new skeleton. If you try to convert its mesh with GOM it MIGHT crash....

Ah, alright. Thanks for telling me!
    Last edited by Hugues098; December 17, 2022 at 02:59 PM. Reason: confusing

Patrician

What version of milkshape are you using? You need to use 1.8.4. Other versions will not work.

Your model has some vertices with unassigned weights, you just need to assign weights to them. Select the weapon vertices in the model tab go to the joints tab select a bone and click on Assign. Do the same for the shield vertices.
    Last edited by Louis Lux; December 17, 2022 at 06:46 PM.

Seems like I was using 1.8.5 beta.

Well, that's one thing to change!