Thread: Divide et Impera Roma vs Carthage

Default Divide et Impera Roma vs Carthage

Hi,
    I'm playing Rome and I have problems against Carthage, when i get to clash with carthage it has already conquered all of Spain and part of France, I've done several game, restarting the campaign, and everytime Carthage is OP. I tried to attack Carthage sooner but it always defeat me because it has a great number of very strong armies and fleets.
    How do you deal with Carthage in the campaign?

Default Re: Divide et Impera Roma vs Carthage

I don't know how to play against Carthage in DEI yet.
    But I do know that they have a strong navy, which they use to capture coastal cities without a standing army defending it. They will siege the coastal city with the navy fleet, overwhelm the garrison, and capture that port city.
    So what you need to do to prevent this, is to ignore Corsica and Sardinia, don't capture them. Carthage will never produce troops from those two islands. If you capture them, they will merely get captured back, because you cannot spare troops to defend those two little islands, since your troops are needed for campaigning against larger cities.
    Therefore, when you attack Carthage: make two stacks, and use WeMod software (cheat software that is freely available) to enable unlimited movement of armies. Move your troops across the sea and land near the capital city of Carthage and siege it. Do not leave your two stacks in the water, but move them over in one turn with the help of the cheat. And then you siege the capital city of Carthage and autoresolve, capturing the capital city. Let your troops recover, and recruit a spy from the city of Carthage, and spy out the nearest large city, and then take that one too. Now station one stack in each of the two cities, so that the Carthaginian navy cannot capture either city. And then build up your Roman navy with the port city of Brindisium, which starts with a military port in the vanilla campaign. Not sure about how it is in DEI's startpos. Destroy the Carthaginian navy, and aim to capture all the major port cities of Carthage, so that there is no more Carthaginian navy.

But I don't know how to proceed further, other than how to capture the capital city of Carthage and then one more large city near it.
    Wait till you get comments from other people.

You can also re-post your question in the Strategy sub-section of the Divide et Impera section of this forum.
    The link to that is here: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/foru...ay-Discussions