Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: ongoing campaigns progress and pics

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: ongoing campaigns progress and pics

Thank you very much

In the heart of Hungary, the land was gripped by tension and turmoil. The looming Ottoman invasion force cast a long shadow over the kingdom, and the fate of Hungary hung in the balance. King István V Báthory, a young and resolute ruler, stood at the forefront of the defense, his eyes fixed on the horizon where the Ottoman menace approached.

Amidst the growing uncertainty, a separate force was gathering near Szeged, led by the charismatic Sandor Hunyadi, the Voivode of Transylvania. Sandor was a renowned military leader, known for his cunning tactics and fierce loyalty to the Hunyadi family. However, rumors whispered in hushed tones that the Hunyadi supporters might not be too displeased if they arrived late for the impending battle. The kingdom was becoming polarized, torn between allegiance to the Báthorys, the Hunyadis, and even the Habsburgs in a time when the Ottoman Turks threatened to overrun Europe.

King István knew the importance of unity in the face of such a formidable adversary. His advisors implored him to send emissaries to Sandor Hunyadi's camp, to beseech him for a timely and united defense against the Ottoman onslaught. However, the king had heard the whispers of division among his court, where allegiances to the various factions were growing stronger.

One fateful morning, as the sun painted the land in warm hues, King István summoned his most trusted confidant, Countess Erika, to his side. Erika, a woman of wisdom and diplomacy, was known for her ability to bridge divides in times of crisis.

"Countess Erika," King István began, "I fear that the divisions among our people will be our undoing. The Hunyadi supporters, while a formidable force, seem hesitant to come to our aid. The Habsburgs watch from afar, and our kingdom is at risk of tearing itself apart."

Erika, her resolve unwavering, nodded and replied, "Your Majesty, unity is our greatest strength. I will ride to Szeged and speak with Sandor Hunyadi personally. I will remind him of the countless times our people have fought side by side and the greater danger we face together. We must stand as one against the Ottoman threat."

With a heavy heart, István agreed, and Erika set forth on her journey to Szeged. Her mission was not only to secure Sandor Hunyadi's support but also to mend the growing rift within the kingdom. She understood the delicate balance between loyalty to families and loyalty to the nation, and she was determined to bridge that gap.

As Erika rode toward Szeged, the kingdom held its breath, awaiting the outcome of her mission. In the distance, the Ottoman invaders continued their inexorable march, ignorant of the internal strife that threatened to weaken Hungary's defenses. The fate of the kingdom hung in the balance, and the choices made by its leaders would determine whether Hungary would stand united against the rising tide of the Ottoman Turks or be torn apart from within.

Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; October 26, 2023 at 06:19 AM.

@ thank you Dfk you appreciation makes it all the more worth it.

Some good battles on the horizon and some storyline

The summer of 1492 the Hungarians have captured Beograd, despite an ongoing civil war raging across the country

One of the armies leading the Hungarian revolt

Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; October 31, 2023 at 02:00 PM.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Holy Moly those are some crazy amounts of Ottoman stacks!

And what's going on with those rebellions in Hungary?

I don't know what is going on in Hungary I gave it to the AI for a few turns, while I concentrate on the Habsburgs.
    Fighting the Ottomans is great fun. They have made Bosnia and Serbia or rather what's left into vassals.
    The Venetians are constantly fighting the Ottomans on the Adriatic. It's awesome
    I could do with Shah Ishmael attacking though to keep Selim busy
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; October 30, 2023 at 04:19 AM.

Ehh there's no Safavid invasion, there is an Aq Qoyunlu one but i don't believe it happens if the AI is Ottoman. Might actually not be a bad idea to have it for AI too.

And yes a Safavid invasion wouldn't hurt either.

Good to see the Venetians surviving and duking it out with the Ottos.

but those full stack rebel armies in Hungary seem weird. Can you have a look at them and see if there are any named hero characters in them? Wondering if it's an event or something like that. I just don't see why there would be so many

A glance around locality

Ottomans slowly working their way up to Austria

Summer 1497 Charles Viii and his forces continue to push into the Argonese territory

After a hard slog the Argonese were forced to withdraw with heavy losses

Did you switch to Aragon?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Did you switch to Aragon?
    I've been playing as Habsburgs and Aragon from the start, I occasionally take care of Hungary too. But I need to let Hungary deal with their issues now. So I can come to the rescue and seize land from Turks.

In the autumn of 1502, Verona found itself at the epicenter of a colossal conflict. The clash between the Habsburg forces, commanded by the esteemed Austrian Feldherr Niklas von Salm, and the formidable French army, led by the revered Charles VIII 'Affable,' culminated in a battle that would reverberate through the annals of history.

The stage was set for an intense confrontation. The French, boasting an imposing force under King Charles VIII Affable his Catholic Majesty, and commande Étienne de Vesc and Louis II de Montpensier, were a formidable amalgamation of cavalry and foot soldiers. Their cavalry, a thunderous assembly comprising 4000 Gendarmes and 2000 Lances Fournies, exuded an air of invincibility. The foot soldiers, a diverse assortment of Swiss, Burgundians, Scots Guards, and French pikemen and arquebusiers, formed an impenetrable wall.

Opposing them, the Habsburgs, in a concerted effort to aid their ally Ludovico Maria Sforza, assembled a force under Niklas von Salm knight of Orden vom Goldenen Vlies. His cavalry, consisting of the elite Welse Guarde, German knights, and a multitude of Croatian Cuirassiers, stood ready to face the impending clash. The foot soldiers, a mighty force of 20,000 Landsknechte, wielded a deadly combination of pikemen, halberdiers, Doppelsöldner armed with Zweihänders, and arquebusiers.

The battle commenced with an earth-shaking exchange of cannonades and skirmishing. The air reverberated with the thunder of artillery, heralding the onset of the brutal confrontation. As the day progressed, both sides engaged in shrewd maneuvering, vying for advantageous positions.

The collision of the infantry lines became the focal point of the conflict. The clash was a visceral storm of chaos, the air thick with the acrid scent of gunpowder and the cacophony of clashing steel. The battleground turned into a brutal spectacle of stabbings, gunshots, and the relentless hacking of swordsand push of pike.

On the French left, the cavalry charge collided with the Austrian right in a cataclysmic clash. Chivalry gave way to the relentless fury of combat as mounted knights clashed in a melee that drenched the earth in blood. The ground quivered under the weight of clashing horse hooves, with spears splintering and swords slashing through the chaos.

The conflict was unyielding, both sides displaying unwavering resolve and ferocity. The pitched battle stretched into a grueling test of endurance, the field littered with the fallen, a testament to the indomitable will of the soldiers on both sides.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a crimson hue upon the battlefield, the clash at Verona reached its crescendo. The land, stained with the blood of valiant warriors, stood witness to the price paid in the pursuit of glory and power.

The Battle of Verona, a fierce and brutal confrontation between the Habsburgs and the French, would echo through the corridors of time, a testament to the unrelenting spirit and sacrifice of those who fought on that fateful day.

Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; November 05, 2023 at 01:37 PM.

Might sound like a simple question, but how do you get rid of the "close scroll" message on screen shots? Thank you

War has broken out between Habsburg and Ottomans and in Italy the Arogonese, papacy and French. Updates coming soon

Batlle of Bihac 1504 Autumn

The Battle of Bihac in 1504 raged on from dawn to dusk, marking a fierce confrontation between the House of Habsburg and the Ottoman Empire. As the sun rose over the autumn landscape, both sides unveiled their formidable artillery trains, setting the stage for a day of intense combat.

On the Habsburg side, the Landsknechte, renowned for their disciplined pike formations, took the center stage. Accompanying them were heavy German and Croatian cavalry, charging forward with lances at the ready. The thunderous hooves of cuirassiers echoed as they advanced alongside Uskoks armed with muskets and Croatian infantry carrying pavises for protection.

Facing them, the Ottoman forces, commanded by Sanjakbey Sinan Ashik, a skilled leader of Albanian descent, deployed a diverse array of troops. Akinci, Deli, and Timarorate cavalry formed their formidable cavalry contingents, while janissaries armed with muskets and bows stood ready for the impending clash.

The battle commenced with a symphony of cannon fire, as artillery from both sides roared across the field, creating chaos and destruction. After an hour of relentless cannon fusillade, the Habsburgs made a strategic move, sending their cuirassiers to clear away Ottoman horse archers threatening their left flank. The clash of heavy cavalry on the flanks echoed through the battlefield, creating a chaotic and dynamic atmosphere.

As the day wore on, the Ottomans, under Sinan Ashik's command, pushed their heavy infantry forward. Muskets roared, creating a deadly exchange between the two sides. The battlefield quickly descended into a melee, with pikes, swords, and yatagans clashing in a close-quarters struggle. The disciplined Landsknechte fought tenaciously against the Janissaries, each side trying to gain an advantage in the brutal hand-to-hand combat.

The heavy cavalry engagement on both flanks was fierce, and as the day progressed, Sinan Bey realized the toll the battle had taken on his forces. With his troops battered and exhausted, he made the difficult decision to retire. The shattered Ottoman forces slowly withdrew from the field, leaving the Habsburgs in control of the battlefield.

The Battle of Bihac, with its combination of artillery duels, cavalry charges, and infantry melees, would be remembered as a pivotal moment in the ongoing conflict between the House of Habsburg and the Ottoman Empire.

Further north along the Danube a massive Ottoman army heads towards Buda
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; November 17, 2023 at 09:41 AM.

To come the fight for Hungary

How do you change between factions? That sounds awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiglarf View Post
    How do you change between factions? That sounds awesome!
    I use the hotseat campaign it allows for a more historical campaign, but I have to set myself some house rules

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    I use the hotseat campaign it allows for a more historical campaign, but I have to set myself some house rules
    And use console commands control faction

Buda 1507

Somehow I lost the screenshots from the siege of Jajce, so I must go back a turn and refight the battle.
    Thank you for your patience those who still view.
    Plus those who enjoy it more storyline to go with it, despite my amateur effort

A major battle is about to take place
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; December 09, 2023 at 03:15 PM.