Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trump's new campaign and the building to a Republican civil war

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Trump's new campaign and the building to a Republican civil war

As many would know, Donald Trump is running again for President. Here's NBC source and here's Fox source.

Not everyone in the Republican party is happy with Trump running again. Still, the support he currently has is heads and shoulders greater than what he had when he launched his campaign in 2015.

However, unlike the lackluster huge cadre of 2016 elections and the practically invisible contests against Trump in 2020, now he has someone to content with, that speaks the same language.

A. What do you think are Trump's reasons for running again? Ego? Patriotism? Self-preservation? Correcting a wrong?

Personally, I think that it is Ego and self-preservation and, with all due respect, I think that if someone actually thinks that Trump is back in the race because of Patriotism or to correct the "injustice" of 'stolen' 2020, they have not been paying attention to Trump ... ever.

B. Do you think Ron DeSantis can challenge Trump effectively? Not necessarily if he will win the nomination, but whether DeSantis will run and if he runs, whether he will try to Out-Trump the Donald.

Personally, I think Trump starting to focus on DeSantis will eventually lead the not-pacifist Florida Governor and new-star to respond to Trump in a way Trump won't like. And Trump throws huge tantrums when people fight back against his insults. And the brewing fight will eventually make the decision for DeSantis.
    Or, DeSantis may call Trump, agree to wait for his term to end (or be part of the government) and then run in 2028. DeSantis is still young. <== there would be a folly there, as we saw from Hillary from 2001 to 2016. Being the lighting rod for the other party for 6 years will seriously energize the Democrats against him, as the constant attacks against Hillary demonized her and made every Republican come out and vote against her. Or the Sarah-Palin lesson that it is actually better to be demonized than forgotten...
    However I am not sure DeSantis has learned the lessons of recent history to avoid the pitfalls.

Still, I think DeSantis will eventually decide to run. Not yet, as to not get the full Barage from Trump for 2 years. But at some point in early 2023.

And as Biden has said, it would be entertaining to see these two take on each other.

C. Do you think there's a civil war brewing between MAGA and old-guard Republicans? Like it was in 2015 with Graham saying that having to choose between Cruz and Trump is like choosing whether you prefer to die by gunshot or poison? Or do you think it will be like 2017 that every Republican very quickly forgot his misgivings about Trump and jumped on the MAGA wagon?

Personally, I think the past 6 years have seen many of the Republicans with a modicum of backbone kicked out. There are more people ready to bend the knee and a small core of fanatic followers in the senate and house. Trump didn't have that in 2015 and still he beat the crap out of the other Republicans.
    So, I expect that there will be resistance now and they will eventually fall in line. Either behind Trump or DeSantis.
    Personally, I don't think there's anyone else other than DeSantis that could seriously challenge Trump for the Republican nomination. Not after the Media start giving Trump free time, telling his voters AAAAALL of what they want to listen.

Sidenote: Yeap, the media telling voters "Trump wants to be horrible to immigrants! He is crude and speaks about boobs and how he can grab them by the ----- ! He is an authoritarian that will crack down! He will start antagonizing EU and China while cozying up with Russia!" etc actually HELPS Trump win the nomination.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Default Re: Trump's new campaign and the building to a Republican civil war

A: Ego. Ego and spite are the only real emotions Trump has.

B: Trump's frothing supporters are already tearing into DeSantis. Not only in he a deep state Communist pedophile like everyone else who slights Trump, he was working with Fauci to destroy the white race with Covid and lockdowns.

C: Trump would burn down the whole party rather than admit defeat. He might even outright tell his supporters to write him in on every ballot for every position.

And things are only going to get worse from there. Republicans don't have a clue where their real problems lay.

Democrats won because they are producing results. Covid aid that prevented millions from being financially wiped out during a period they could not work, billions of dollars in investment in high growth industries like solar, wind, electric vehicles and electronic chip manufacturing, student loan relief for the millions who are facing a lifetime of serfdom that even bankruptcy cannot eliminate, billions in infrastructure investment setting up the nation for future efficiencies and great construction jobs, and affordable healthcare.

Meanwhile, all Republican offered was endless manufactured culture wars like CRT, gender, and imaginary "parents rights" and "voter fraud" issues. And now all they plan to do with their slim House majority is endlessly investigate Hunter, Fauci, and of course Hillary and Obama. Most Americans don't live in the right-wing disinformation bubble, and can easily see which party is serious and which one is composed of delusional nutjobs and would-be tyrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict [/quote
    Democrats won because they are producing results. Covid aid that prevented millions from being financially wiped out during a period they could not work,
    I didn’t know Trump was a democrat?
    https://thehill.com/policy/finance/3...id-19-economy/
    As coronavirus cases started to creep into the United States, President Trump signed the first COVID-19 package, the Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act.
    The measure doled out $2.5 billion in aid to local governments and international communities and offered funds to assist research for a vaccine.
    Also:
    On March 27, Trump signed a $2 trillion COVID-19 relief bill, the CARES Act, which gave each adult in the U.S. a one-time payment of $1,200 and added another $500 for every child.

Money was also provided to different business sectors, and small businesses were granted billions of dollars in loans and grants to counter the blow of the pandemic.
    We also have to remember that racist Trump wanted flight restrictions from China, but fortunately the “producing results” democrats didn’t like that:
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...ina-travel-ban
    Democratic presidential contender Joe Biden led the way, quickly attacking what he called Trump's "record of hysteria, xenophobia and fear-mongering" after the travel restrictions were announced, and arguing that Trump "is the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health emergency." Biden, on Wednesday, didn't criticize the travel ban in any way, and instead accused Trump of "downplaying" the virus early on in remarks to Fox News.
    I blame Trump, Biden, Pelosi and the Democrats (of course Pravda as well) for this miserable failure of a lock down.
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/johns...cts-on-society
    https://www.heritage.org/public-heal...countries-show
    https://nypost.com/2022/04/11/ny-han...ng-best-study/
    There are studies that disagree with the two links above, but finding which is right? Sweden turned out much better than predicted, especially if you compare what was said in 2020 to what is now known in 2022. Overall I think this is a reasonable article:
    https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...pact-over-time

billions of dollars in investment in high growth industries like solar, wind, electric vehicles and electronic chip manufacturing,
    I like the idea of renewable energy, as long as it’s done right! The “full speed ahead” California and Biden type policy is foolish. California telling people not to plug in their electric vehicles (yes I know about the heat wave, but it’s indicative of the problem) yet in 13 yrs they will ban gas powered vehicles:
    https://nypost.com/2022/09/01/califo...mid-heat-wave/
    If they could get the infrastructure built and ready in 13 yrs, great, good on them. But do you really believe that will happen? That’s the problem with this “green” plan, it’s not tenable now:
    https://gop-waysandmeans.house.gov/b...ing-consumers/
    President Biden’s disastrous Green New Deal policies are stoking a trade war with key U.S. allies and will only result in skyrocketing energy costs, slowing economic growth, and a decrease in investment for American businesses.

American families are already suffering in President Biden’s cruel economy, but the Biden Administration’s taxpayer-funded Green New Deal subsidies are liable to make them worse as they damage relations with key trading partners by essentially shutting American allies out of U.S. energy markets.
    https://nypost.com/2021/01/27/biden-...onmental-plan/
    “Pie-in-the-sky government mandates and directives that restrict our mining, oil, and gas industries adversely impact our energy security and independence,” she said.

“At a time when millions are struggling due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the last thing Americans need is big government destroying jobs, while costing the economy billions of dollars.”
    Furthermore there is this problem:
    https://www.deseret.com/utah/2021/1/...ah-china-solar
    But how green is green?

Although countries are feverishly looking to install wind and solar farms to wean themselves off carbon-based, or so-called “dirty” energy, few countries, operators and the industry itself have yet to fully tackle the long-term consequences of how to dispose of these systems, which have their own environmental hazards like toxic metals, oil, fiberglass and other material.
    Wind power also is taking off as a clean energy resource, but the EPA notes that windmills are the least energy producing and most physically difficult renewable energy waste stream to address.

The sheer size of the windmills and the difficulty of disposing of them at recycling stations led the agency to conclude that each new wind farm is a “towering promise of future wreckage.”
    The value of the materials recycled from lithium ion batteries is only about a third of the cost of the recycling operation — and the expense of extracting old lithium is about five times the cost of mining for lithium, according to the Institute for Energy Research.

There is some innovation playing out, however, with Japan’s Nissan repurposing batteries to power streetlights. In the United States, General Motors is backing up its data center in Michigan with used Chevy Volt batteries.

The EPA notes, however, that these sort of “adaptive reuses” still only delay the time for final disposal of the batteries and the need to deal with materials in the batteries that can cause fires or leach hazardous chemicals.
    https://group.met.com/en/media/energ...newable-energy
    We can read a lot of renewable resources articles about green energy and its benefits – but there are significant cons, too.

The transition from fossil fuels will not be easy, because renewable energy has its limitations, like storage problems or high upfront costs. It is still in its infancy.

We are aware of the benefits of generating electricity with green energy, and hopefully the world will be prepared to use only renewable energy when the fossil fuels run out – but until then, we still need to rely on them.
    This is the point, put money toward research for better renewable energies and infrastructure to support these advances. Don’t ram the “green deal” down our throat and crush us with the price tag and lack of energy. Be intelligent about the transition!

Now about those do-nothing Republicans:
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep...ergy-costs-low
    "Our energy solutions are climate solutions. America can and must lead the world in reducing emissions without trading our security to the Chinese Communist Party and sacrificing our energy reliability and affordability to OPEC+," she continued. "Republicans on Energy and Commerce will continue to lead on real, workable solutions to make energy cleaner, reduce emissions, prioritize energy security, and keep energy costs low."
    For example, the Washington Republican would likely investigate Biden's so-called war on fossil fuel energy, policies that may have contributed to higher gas prices, and both the nation's reliance on Chinese supply chains and foreign energy sources.

Energy and Commerce Committee Republicans would also pursue bipartisan solutions on nuclear and hydropower energy expansion as well as boosting energy infrastructure cybersecurity.
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...nergy-security
    "Passing these ten policies will provide a clear contrast with Biden on energy between two competing visions: one rooted in allowing market participants to produce the cleanest, most reliable, and most affordable energy on the planet, versus another, Biden-backed vision that favors mandates, command-and-control regulations, and dictates from bureaucrats designed to stamp out fossil fuels and prioritize cronies in the green energy industry—all the while scoffing at regular people who have to suffer the consequences."
    Do this smart do it right!

student loan relief for the millions who are facing a lifetime of serfdom that even bankruptcy cannot eliminate
    Yes I should have to pay the price for the decision of those who went to university or other forms of higher education. I was the only one who paid for my higher education and somehow survived, as did my siblings, my friends and well everyone I personally know. Yet now those who go get a higher education are going to be serfs? If that’s the case shouldn’t the universities and other institutions lower the cost? Or perhaps the people pursuing higher education should weigh the costs and....gasp.... have personal accountability...gasp...(yes this horrifying thought required 2 gasps).
    https://www.ed.gov/news/press-releas...er-next-decade
    Student Debt Relief is designed to help borrowers and families most in need as they prepare to resume student loan payments in January 2023. Nearly 90 percent of relief dollars will go to those earning less than $75,000 per year. And, no borrower or household in the top 5% of earners will benefit from this action.
    This means that my children and most of my siblings and friends children will be ineligible for this program as we make over the 75k listed. If we lived in other areas we would be under the 75k. Where I live milk is around $5 a gallon, in allot of other states it’s under $2 a gallon. I and others get paid more because the cost of living is more, therefore I’m excluded from the program because of that. My children will have to rely on student loans to get higher education or like me and many others work while going to school.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/02/stud...rch-finds.html
    That could result in an average burden of $2,500 per taxpayer, according to calculations from the National Taxpayers Union, a fiscally conservative advocacy group.
    Nice I’m only losing $2,500 dollars out of my pocket so someone else doesn’t become a “serf”.
    The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget estimates Biden’s broad debt cancellation will cost between $330 billion and $390 billion. The overall plan will cost between $440 billion and $600 billion over the next 10 years, according to the nonpartisan organization, with a central estimate of approximately $500 billion.
    So is this the only group getting the debt relief from the back of the tax payers or is it going to be an ongoing tax payer burden? After all, I like the idea of paying $2,500 out of my pocket to someone who has the potential to make 10x or more than I do, what a great idea! Here are much better solutions then putting the burden on the back of the tax payers:
    https://ivn.us/2017/06/05/5-solution...nt-loan-crisis
    1. Income vs. Debt Ratio
    2. Payment Withholding
    3. Stop the Subsidies
    4. College Choice
    5. Educate the Debtor
    https://www.thecollegefix.com/bullet...rtel-is-op-ed/
    [T]he issue of student-loan forgiveness is a distraction from the real problem in higher education. Tuition rates have risen faster than inflation for decades. What no one wants to confront, even as we proceed to forgive as much as $1 trillion in student loan debt, is what has created the whole situation: the stranglehold that the higher-education cartel has on colleges and universities.

The last person to look at this seriously was William Bennett, back when he was Ronald Reagan’s Secretary of Education. A study he commissioned found that tuition rates rose each year by about as much as Congress boosted federal educational assistance to college students. It was never established whether this was an example of coincidence or correlation. Media coverage ever since has tended to focus instead on suggesting that too many young people, especially the poor and minorities, can’t afford to go to college.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/maggiem...h=642ae56637dd
    Therefore, Dynarski argues, fixing the student debt crisis should mean focusing on lowering borrowers' monthly payments and extending the time they have to repay the debt. There are existing income-driven repayment plans available through the government, like Pay As You Earn (PAYE), but Dynarski believes they need to be improved if we want any meaningful change to the student debt situation.
    Cut your expenses, boost your net worth and secure your financial future in a day.
    "For those patching together several part-time jobs, hours and earnings can bounce around weekly. In PAYE, and all the other income-based repayment programs, every change to earnings requires a new application to adjust the loan payment," she says. "Those who most need a helping hand are probably least able to navigate this bureaucracy."

Some policy proposals circulating around Washington would have loan servicers automatically kick a borrower into an income-driven repayment plan if they fall behind on payments. Others are seeking to make income-based repayment universal, as it is in countries like England and Australia.

"A policy that eliminated debt would also do away with default," Dynarski says. "But an end to student borrowing is not on the horizon."
    https://graduateway.com/student-loan...n-we-solve-it/
    argues that colleges are exploiting individuals who take out an abundance of loans to pay for school. Carlson explains this by acknowledging some students drop out of college and perhaps, unknowingly, not be able to get a job afterwards, and have no way of repayment. He notes that colleges raise their tuition prices because they know there is and unlimited amount of money that students can take out in loans, leaving them with no choice but to do exactly that. He provides a possible solution to this problem; colleges co-sign on loans with the students, using the analogy of partnerships in business, where both parties succeed and share the same risks, stating that colleges are getting all the benefits with no risk.
    As shown above the typical put the burden on the backs of the tax payers only causes more problems.
    billions in infrastructure investment setting up the nation for future efficiencies and great construction jobs,
    The Republicans would also if given a bill that allowed such a thing without billions of dollars going to wasteful spending.
    https://www.cruz.senate.gov/newsroom...kless-spending
    "Too many Republicans just enabled Democrats' efforts to claim bipartisanship, spend over a trillion dollars, and then ram through their $3.5 trillion liberal wish list of crushing taxes and radical spending. The $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill that passed today contained only about $100 billion for roads and bridges. As I've said before, if the Democrats wanted to pass a bill just to fix and expand our roads and bridges, they could have done it with near-unanimous support.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infras...t_and_Jobs_Act
    In mid-April 2021, Republican lawmakers offered a $568 billion counterproposal to the American Jobs Plan.[11] On May 9, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said it should cost no more than $800 billion.[12] On May 21, the administration reduced the price tag to $1.7 trillion, which was quickly rejected by Republicans.
    Republicans are for infrastructure, they are against wasteful spending.
    Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass., proclaimed on Twitter last week that "climate action is infrastructure," arguing in a Washington Post op-ed that "a true infrastructure plan" will deliver "climate justice" and should include key elements of the Green New Deal.

And Rep. Marilyn Strickland, D-Wash., said three days ago that "affordable housing is infrastructure" as she announced a new piece of legislation that would "make smart, effective, and green housing infrastructure investments" around the country.

Their colleagues in state politics are going further. Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes, the second most senior state Democrat in Wisconsin, said "police accountability is infrastructure" on Thursday as he calls for policing reform.
    https://thefederalist.com/2021/06/29...-bill-will-do/
    Meanwhile, Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell told reporters last month that Biden’s bill is "like a Trojan horse… it’s called infrastructure, but inside the Trojan horse it’s going to be more borrowed money and massive tax increases on all the productive parts of our economy."
    1. It Fuels Inflation
    2. It Overdrafts America’s Bank Account
    3. It Creates a New Green New Deal
    4. It Funds Communists with Taxpayer Dollars
    5. It Claims Art Is Infrastructure
    6. It Bans States from Building New Roads
    7. It Forces Rural Americans to Pay in But Doesn’t Do Much for Them
    8. It Funnels Money to Pelosi’s ‘Train to Nowhere’ and Other Useless Projects
    9. It Ensures Tax Dollars Are Wasted on Red Tape
    10. It Adds More Bureaucracy to a Notoriously Slow System
    Democrats and wasteful spending are synonymous, and Republicans are further behind in wastefulness but still do it.[/quote]
    https://americansforprosperity.org/i...nding-history/
    This isn’t the first time in recent history that spending bills disguised as infrastructure bills have been criticized in this way.

In 1998, President Clinton and Congress worked together on a $217 billion transportation bill.
    Who can forget President George W. Bush’s 2005 bill that included funding for the infamous Bridge to Nowhere.
    President Obama’s 2009 “American Recovery and Reinvestment Act” had an $831 billion price tag.
    The Trump Administration proposed or endorsed several costly infrastructure plans between 2015-2020.
    If President Biden’s recent proposal gives you déjà vu, you’re not alone. His promises sound familiar to us, too.
    Again the Republicans can waste money, but the Democrats are better at it. Did you see that the Democrat Trump administration also endorsed infrastructure plans?

and affordable healthcare.
    For who? Not me, nor anyone that I know, it cost me and all that I know more money.
    https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10....150625.048781/
    An Impossible Mandate
    Unworkable Subsidies
    Perverse Incentives For Insurers
    Other Perverse Incentives For Buyers
    Lack Of Access To Care
    Impossible Burden For The Elderly And The Disabled
    https://www.findlaw.com/healthcare/p...bamacare-.html
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot...h=593918a84d99
    Trump Reforms Have Helped

In the aftermath of Congress’s failure to provide Americans relief from the ACA, President Trump took actions to expand coverage options and improve the individual insurance market. The Trump Administration shored up the exchanges with a market stabilization rule that limited peoples’ ability to wait until they were sick to buy policies and approved state waivers for state reinsurance programs that lowered premiums and provided better access to care for those with chronic and expensive medical conditions. (For a full discussion of President Trump’s health policy actions to address problems with the ACA, see a September 2019 Galen Institute piece, Health Reform Progress Beyond Repeal and Replace.)

The Trump Administration increased coverage options through both expanded Association Health Plans (AHP) and short-term, limited-duration plans—opening up more affordable alternatives to middle-income families and small businesses and their workers.[1] The White House Council of Economic Advisers found that the expanded coverage options combined with the elimination of the ACA’s individual mandate penalty are a major win for the American people—with around $45 billion of net economic benefit from more affordable choices and lower taxes.

The Trump Administration’s most profound regulatory actions to improve the American health care system are its health reimbursement arrangement (HRA) and price transparency rules. Through the HRA rule, employers can now offer workers tax-free payments that workers can use to purchase individual market coverage that works best for them. This rule enhances worker choice and control over their coverage and is expected to significantly improve the individual insurance market—by adding 8 million people to the market. This rule is projected to boost individual market by four times more than the ACA did, with no new federal spending since employer contributions, not taxpayer subsidies, fund this coverage.

The Trump Administration has also pursued bold price transparency rules so that American patients and employers have access to prices before they purchase health care services. These rules will help patients be better shoppers of care and will help employers get better deals for their employee health plan.
    Well the Democrat Trump is at it again being a “producing results” Democrat. I really thought he was a Republican?(yes that’s sarcasm). I will have to get to the rest of this later.

So the narrative is that we have the "Demon Tyrant Rex versus".. exactly what?
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by fkizz View Post
    So the narrative is that we have the "Demon Tyrant Rex versus".. exactly what?
    Could it be?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

There's no way DeSantis or Cruz would win an election on a national level. They are only very popular in their home states of Texas and Florida, respectively, but don't poll well outside of these areas. LOL. There was even an interview of some Republicans lately who didn't even know who DeSantis was but they were diehard Trump MAGA fans and would vote for nobody else. The GOP really shot itself in the foot for the future in exchange for having temporary power and gratification. Combined with Roe v Wade being overturned and energizing the left to finally vote for the Democrats, I don't see another Republican winning the presidency any time in the near future, even with bumbling Biden becoming a living skeleton past age 80.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    There's no way DeSantis or Cruz would win an election on a national level.
    We said that about Trump too. I suggest you check how many times this was said in 2015, in the relevant thread of the mudpit, which serves as a very good repository of recent history!

The thing is that Trump will burn down the house. If he doesn't get the primary, he may make a 3rd party or keep lashing out against his new enemies. The republicans cannot afford to lose 3-4% of their votes. without Trump, they cannot win the razon-thin margin they need in the battleground states. The way the foolish first-past-the-bar system works, going from +1% to -1% in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio etc would cost them the election.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Praeses

I hope he doesn't split the Republican vote, Biden is a poor candidate to my mind and the US needs less of the same, not more of it.

This is Disney politics, bland mediocre product being repackaged for the umpteenth time and spun as earth shattering.

I am about to vote in a state election, where the left incumbent (not the devil but politicians and nappies you know) has been in too long but a weak divided right, overshadowed by a sex addict mentally ill former leader with rolling crises looks set to meekly give up another soft win.

Its bad for democracy. You need multiple distinct options, not same-same shades of beige and lame ducks being gamed.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Biden is a poor candidate to my mind
    Err why? His admin has been more effective than the last democratic ones. You seem to confusing effect running the government with just wanting what some flashy looking person on the TV.

This is Disney politics, bland mediocre product being repackaged for the umpteenth time and spun as earth shattering
    Solid core democratic politics moving forward matter. Some fancy vanity telegenic loosing campaign not so much.

But you already made it clear in your Biden's first term post citing Pence(??????????) and AOC in the same post you are just an outsider looking in with no real skin in the game. AOC (you sound like people still happy they voted for Nader in 2000) could never

have won and I really have no ideal why you brought Pence you seeming no have no ideal how the evangelical nut job ran Indiana

-------------

We said that about Trump too. I suggest you check how many times this was said in 2015, in the relevant thread of the mudpit, which serves as a very good repository of recent history!
    Oh they might win but the thing is they won't win the nomination over trump the hard MAGA base is Trump's. I doubt deSsntis will not risk loosing and Cruz well he is an after thought anyway if makes Trump spend some money burying him so much the better.
    Last edited by conon394; November 25, 2022 at 12:40 PM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Moderator Emeritus

An interesting post. I don't agree with everything, but I do see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    An interesting post. I don't agree with everything, but I do see your point.
    Completely understandable. I think most people have the same goals for the country, it's just how to get there.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwulf View Post
    Completely understandable. I think most people have the same goals for the country, it's just how to get there.
    I am from a different country than USA.

Moderator Emeritus

After Trump (probably) loses in 2024, or takes his party down with him by making a third party and siphoning off critical votes, the democrats will have a hard time in 2026 and 2028. If Trump makes a 3rd party, the democrats may hold the senate in 2024 and gain back the house, but if Trump is the nominee, Republicans will have like 55 people in the senate and perhaps control of the House too.
    However, even if Trump makes a 3rd party (which would be disastrous for the Republicans), the democrats will have a much harder time in 2026 that Trump will be much older and sidelines and even harder in 2028 when Trump would be either history (dead) or completely irrelevant, shouting obscenities from his cell in jail / mental hospital. The "We are not Trump's party! Vote for us!" won't work after Trump is gone.

After Trump (probably) loses in 2024, or takes his party down with him by making a third party and siphoning off critical votes, the democrats will have a hard time in 2026 and 2028. If Trump makes a 3rd party, the democrats may hold the senate in 2024 and gain back the house, but if Trump is the nominee, Republicans will have like 55 people in the senate and perhaps control of the House too.
    However, even if Trump makes a 3rd party (which would be disastrous for the Republicans), the democrats will have a much harder time in 2026 that Trump will be much older and sidelines and even harder in 2028 when Trump would be either history (dead) or completely irrelevant, shouting obscenities from his cell in jail / mental hospital. The "We are not Trump's party! Vote for us!" won't work after Trump is gone.
    I disagree. The Republican voter has shown that culture war issues and owning the libs are all they care about. So that's what every Republican politician will do from now on. Trump the man won't last forever, but his successors will still run on who is the best troll and demagogue.

There will be so little variation among them, in fact, I actually think you could create some sort of Republican politician AI capable of passing the Turing test pretty easily. You just need a random text generator including the terms "voter fraud," "socialism," "persecute President Trump," "[racial slur]," "weaponized FBI," "China," "Brandon," "Marxist" and of course "groomers," create a fake profile to post what it says, and no one could tell the difference.

You'd ask it "What is the meaning of life?" it would respond, "Whatever the meaning of life, the [racial slur] and weaponized FBI persecute President Trump. Voter fraud is socialism."

"How do you find true love?" "However you find true love, the groomers and socialism are a Marxist Brandon plot by China to persecute President Trump."

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    I disagree. The Republican voter has shown that culture war issues and owning the libs are all they care about.
    It's a minority of Republicans who judge their well-being by the suffering of their perceived political opponents, but it's a vocal one. The GOP took zero effort in reigning in their fringe elements and now the chickens have come home to roost and the party is at risk of fracturing. The actual interesting question is: if the GOP does split, what is the new party that spins off and what happens to the Democratic party?
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Most of your sources are very far right "Illuminati put a microchip in my butt to steal my pure white energies!" conspiracy woo and Russian psy ops. But I will try to go through it.

I didn’t know Trump was a democrat?
    https://thehill.com/policy/finance/3...id-19-economy/
    Trump started to do the right thing, then his ego once again won out and he made not wearing masks and refusing to be vaccinated a requirement of fealty to him. Because his fragile ego couldn't stand the idea that anyone, even a celebrated doctor, knows more than him on anything.

We also have to remember that racist Trump wanted flight restrictions from China, but fortunately the “producing results” democrats didn’t like that:
    They opposed it because it made no effort to block non-Chinese from coming in. As if only Chinese people carried covid. Of course he knew his base only cared about attacking the racial 'other' and would cheer him for it.

I blame Trump, Biden, Pelosi and the Democrats (of course Pravda as well) for this miserable failure of a lock down.
    I blame Trump alone for constantly undermining it and casting it as tyranny. "Liberate Michigan!" ring a bell?

At best, Trump's ego got the better of him. At worst? He cynically (mis)calculated that sabotaging the covid response by casting himself as fighting 'tyranny' would keep him in power and that hundreds of thousands of his own supporters dying was a fair trade, or even no loss at all.

I like the idea of renewable energy, as long as it’s done right! The “full speed ahead” California and Biden type policy is foolish. California telling people not to plug in their electric vehicles (yes I know about the heat wave, but it’s indicative of the problem) yet in 13 yrs they will ban gas powered vehicles:
    https://nypost.com/2022/09/01/califo...mid-heat-wave/
    If they could get the infrastructure built and ready in 13 yrs, great, good on them. But do you really believe that will happen? That’s the problem with this “green” plan, it’s not tenable now:
    If we used that kind of logic we'd never have invested in cars ("I mean come on! Do you really believe those things will replace the horse and buggy?") or electricity ("It's just a passing fad pushed by crooked politicians. Gas lighting is here to stay!")

Furthermore there is this problem:
    https://www.deseret.com/utah/2021/1/...ah-china-solar
    This is a known problem, but something to be expected when an industry is in it's infancy. As green energy grows the technology will advance to be cleaner and cheaper. Meanwhile oil and coal have been, are, and will always be disasters.

Now about those do-nothing Republicans:
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep...ergy-costs-low
    Just call something radical and the sheep are against it. Did you hear about Biden's radical "Don't castrate yourself with a set of rusty nail clippers?"

The only reason the Republicans are fighting this, just like the only reason they do anything, is to keep their parasitic billionaire owners happy, the nation be damned.

Yes I should have to pay the price for the decision of those who went to university or other forms of higher education.
    Using that same logic why should you have to pay for an armless veteran who volunteered? They should just pull themselves up by their bootstraps, right?

was the only one who paid for my higher education and somehow survived, as did my siblings, my friends and well everyone I personally know. Yet now those who go get a higher education are going to be serfs? If that’s the case shouldn’t the universities and other institutions lower the cost? Or perhaps the people pursuing higher education should weigh the costs and....gasp.... have personal accountability...gasp...(yes this horrifying thought required 2 gasps).
    I'll assume you were born relatively well off? Well what about people born into poverty? Should their only choice in life be crime or a McJob?

That's the difference between your side and mine. We want to use education to lift people out of poverty and end the cycle, while your side requires a large number of poor people to work at starvation wages, be cannon fodder the next time a Republican starts a war to enrich his corporate masters, or just to have someone to look down upon.

The Republicans would also if given a bill that allowed such a thing without billions of dollars going to wasteful spending.
    https://www.cruz.senate.gov/newsroom...kless-spending
    'Wasteful spending' IE spending money on America instead of funneling it to the billionaire class. And Cruz? He is a spineless worm who doesn't even deserve the dignity of being called a coward.

Republicans are for infrastructure, they are against wasteful spending.
    "If we spend money on the peasants we can't give it to the billionaires! *sob*"

Democrats and wasteful spending are synonymous,
    As russianliesandpropaganda.org/ has told you to believe.

For who? Not me, nor anyone that I know, it cost me and all that I know more money.
    My parents for one. Before Obamacare they had zero health insurance. None. So even basic healthcare was out of their reach.

Now thanks to the Democrats they have health insurance and can see a doctor.

I know the Republican elite hate it because a core part of their ideology is that healthcare should be a luxury of the mega-rich only. To see peasants going to the doctor makes the billionaires feel less special and better than everyone else.

This was manufactured by the leftist Democrats to indoctrinate children. If it wasn’t for the lockdown (about the only good thing to come from it) parents may not have known about it.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pr...crt/ar-AARX1kD

CRT is unfortunately a real thing and horribly racist:
    https://www.city-journal.org/yes-cri...ght-in-schools

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/proo...taught-schools

https://spectator.org/yes-crt-is-bei...ublic-schools/
    If your good with racism/sexism and hate, CRT is right for you. I would wager that the vast majority of leftist Democrats would be against teaching this nonsense if they really knew what was in it.
    Why soon they'll be telling my kids that slavery was a bad thing!

Hyperbole and hysteria over the idea that kids are being taught rascism exists, cutting into the GOP narrative that straight white cis Christian men are the eternal vicims who also are entiteled to power over 'inferiors'.

Right, the parents shouldn’t have rights over their children, only the State should. Welcome to China, Stalin’s Russia and now the leftist Democrats.
    You mean the threats, physically attacks, and kidnappings of school employees done by 'concerned parents' who were 'concerned' that their child might learn that racism is bad.

Another thing, just because Russia or China does something does not automatically make it bad. You right wingers have your morality backwards. Actions in and of themselves are good or bad, not because of who is doing them. But you have it that actions are nuetral and become good or bad based on who is doing them rather than what is being done.

And finally yes, sometimes the government must overrule parents for the good of the child. That's why we have to have laws saying you must feed your child, you can't rape them, and must educate them. Are such laws oppressing you? Should parents have the right to starve, rape, and not educate their children?

Are you referring to those Republicans Hillary Clinton and Stacy Abrams? Oh wait they are Democrats, I’m confused I thought only Republicans claimed voter fraud?
    Clinton who conceded on the night of the election? Does it still haunt your nightmares how close a 'mere woman' came to the White House?

Abrams had every right to question Kemp's voter suppression efforts.

They should be investigated, if you break laws you should be held accountable.
    They have been.

Clinton is the most investigated person in human history. Despite your side claiming mountains of evidence of everything from treason to hundreds of murders to child molestation to cannibalism, you haven't filed a single indictment after almost forty years and multiple Republican administrations. So either everyone in the world is in on it, Republicans are so incompetent it's a miracle they can dress themselves, or everything your side claims about her is lies and projection.

There was a grand jury looking into Hunter's so-called crimes. They disbanded without laying a single charge.

As for Obama, all Durham found out was that crazy conspiracy fairy stories will fly on Fox, but not in court.

Should they have gone after Trump? I thought so until I started seeing the incredibly weak or lack of evidence. Even so if someone, no mater who breaks the law there should be investigations.
    See, Trump was caught red handed with top secret documents, refused to return them for months, and now many of them are still unaccounted for.

Hillary, Hunter, and Joe have Republican whining.

Now, Republicans think "I said it, so it is now true", but reality and facts don't work that way.

So Trump will go to jail and Hillary, Hunter, and Joe...who, again, Republicans have nothing on but "I said so", will not.
    There is so much more to this story, especially and unfortunately involving certain people from the FBI and not surprisingly from big tech (facebook, twitter, etc.).
    https://nypost.com/2022/12/05/fbi-wo...aptop-stories/
    The alleged laptop story wasn't run because there was no way to verify it and they didn't want to be sued for libel.

Say I wrote an article where I accused Trump of fathering all of Ivanka's children by incest with her and presenting no evidence for it, just a story that a deaf guy heard it all. Is it a conspiracy if Fox won't cover my story and swear it's true?

Why not just link to RT and cut out the middleman?

Then what were Republicans doing from 2016 to 2018? Why wasn't this master criminal a priority like El Chapo or ISIS?

Fauci:
    https://nypost.com/2022/08/22/house-...stepping-down/
    Simply put he should be held accountable.
    Fauci contradicted strong Daddy and MAGAs still haven't gotten over it. No matter how much you wish it were so, you can't charge him with hurting your feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    The actual interesting question is: if the GOP does split, what is the new party that spins off and what happens to the Democratic party?
    The new party will become a domestic ISIS. Expect more shootings, bombings, and open calls for a final solution to the Hispanic question.

The Democrats will continue helping all people. It's what we do. The MAGA cult takes our help, though it makes them seethe inside to need it.
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; December 13, 2022 at 03:36 AM.

Praeses

...The "We are not Trump's party! Vote for us!" won't work after Trump is gone.
    I dunno, there are Republican shills who snidely deride Biden as a neocon: Bush II is simply ignored.

US politics is a bizarre mindscape of self-delusion and complete dishonesty. Goes both ways of course but recently its the Reds who have been more unhinged with Jewish Space Lasers and Vaccine microchips.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict
    Meanwhile, all Republican offered was endless manufactured culture wars like CRT, gender,
    This was manufactured by the leftist Democrats to indoctrinate children. If it wasn’t for the lockdown (about the only good thing to come from it) parents may not have known about it.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pr...crt/ar-AARX1kD
    CRT is very divisive and harmful to our Republic. It attempts to tear down all the progress we have made. It is like a cancer spreading undetected throughout your body. If it is not stopped, it will bring death to our republic.

During the pandemic, when schoolchildren were on Zoom, parents began to realize actually what their children were being taught, thus starting the movement of parents to stop the teaching of CRT in their schools.
    CRT is unfortunately a real thing and horribly racist:
    First, the claim that CRT and gender ideology are not being taught or promoted in America’s pre-college public schools is grossly misleading. More than nine in ten of our respondents reported some form of school exposure to at least some CRT-related and critical gender concepts, with the average respondent reporting being taught in class or hearing about from an adult at school more than half of the eight concepts we measured. Eight in ten reported being taught in class at least one concept central to CRT and contemporary left-wing racial ideology, with the average respondent reporting being taught two of the five we listed. A majority were taught radical gender ideas. Given the sheer size of these numbers, the promotion and teaching of “white privilege” and “systemic racism” in America’s public schools can hardly be regarded as a rare or isolated phenomenon. It is the experience of a sizeable share of pre-college students.
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/proo...taught-schools
    In this section, it takes dozens of traits like the following and assigns them to "whiteness":

-"Whites are taught to see themselves as individuals, rather than as part of a racial group."

-"Independence and autonomy highly valued and rewarded."

-"Be polite."

-"Must always ‘do something’ about a situation."

-"Hard work is the key to success" and "work before play."

-"Emphasis on scientific method."

-"Adherence to rigid time schedules" and "plan for the future."

-"Nuclear family (father, mother, 2.3 children) is the ideal social unit."

This is racism defined.

First, it assigns specific traits to people of a particular skin color – white.

Second, it assumes that non-white individuals do not also value and exhibit those traits because of a different skin color.
    Third, such biased instruction is effective. Our data show that those who report being taught CRT-related concepts are not only more likely to endorse them but are also more likely to blame white people for racial inequality, to essentialize white people as “racist,” and to support “equity-oriented” race-based policies. Among whites, we also observe higher levels of white guilt among those exposed to more CRT-related concepts.
    Critical race and gender theory is endemic in American schools. The vast majority of children are being taught radical CSJ concepts that affect their view of white people, their country, the relationship between gender and sex, and public policy. For those inclined toward a colorblind and reality-based ideal, these findings should serve as a wakeup call. Unless voters, parents, and governments act, these illiberal and unscientific ideas will spread more widely, and will replace traditional American liberal nationalism with an identity-based cultural socialism.
    https://spectator.org/yes-crt-is-bei...ublic-schools/
    For example, when schools separate out white and black children in different classes, they are teaching children one of CRT’s core presuppositions: that white people, solely by virtue of their skin color, are oppressors, and that black and brown people, solely by virtue of their skin color, are victims — victims of white supremacy and the systemically racist system that prevents people of color (POC) from succeeding in America. Because they are victims, POCs need to be separated from whites and organized into groups with other POCs to give them “more opportunities,” more empathy, and more of a voice.
    If your good with racism/sexism and hate, CRT is right for you. I would wager that the vast majority of leftist Democrats would be against teaching this nonsense if they really knew what was in it.

and imaginary "parents rights"
    Right, the parents shouldn’t have rights over their children, only the State should. Welcome to China, Stalin’s Russia and now the leftist Democrats.
    and "voter fraud" issues.
    Are you referring to those Republicans Hillary Clinton and Stacy Abrams? Oh wait they are Democrats, I’m confused I thought only Republicans claimed voter fraud?
    https://www.politifact.com/article/2...y-abrams-gove/
    We previously found it isn’t possible to prove if any election law or policy in Georgia cost Abrams her narrow loss to Republican Brian Kemp.

Abrams lost by almost 55,000 votes in a race with record turnout for a midterm race, said University of Georgia political scientist Charles S. Bullock. Black turnout in 2018 actually slightly exceeded that in 2016, he said.

"The claim is a good talking point, but the evidence is missing," he said.
    Even the Biden white house:
    https://www.politifact.com/article/2...cey-abrams-an/
    In a speech to the NAACP, Democratic presidential candidate Kamala Harris called for changing election laws to "fight back against those Republicans who suppress our constitutional right to vote."

Harris, a U.S. senator from California, pointed to the outcome of two close races for governor in the South.

"Let's say this loud and clear — without voter suppression, Stacey Abrams would be the governor of Georgia, Andrew Gillum is the governor of Florida," Harris told the NAACP in Detroit May 5.
    And what of Clinton?
    https://news.yahoo.com/hillary-clint...160716779.html
    Hillary Clinton is sticking with her conviction that the 2016 presidential election was not conducted legitimately, saying the details surrounding her loss are still unclear.
    https://www.nationalreview.com/the-m...all-democrats/
    Hillary Clinton’s Bad Habit of Questioning Election Results Has Spread to All Democrats
    And now all they plan to do with their slim House majority is endlessly investigate Hunter, Fauci, and of course Hillary and Obama.
    They should be investigated, if you break laws you should be held accountable. Should they have gone after Trump? I thought so until I started seeing the incredibly weak or lack of evidence. Even so if someone, no mater who breaks the law there should be investigations.
    Hunter:
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/06/polit...ges/index.html
    CNN -Federal prosecutors believe they could charge Hunter Biden with tax crimes and a false statement but a final decision still has not yet been made by the US attorney in Delaware, according to sources familiar with the matter.
    Of course these will end up being slap on the wrist kind of stuff, after all you wouldn’t want this stuff to come out:
    https://www.ibtimes.sg/republicans-t...hould-be-67994
    A trove of evidence retrieved from the laptop showed that Hunter actively engaged in influence peddling when his father was the Vice-President. There have also been speculations that Biden himself may have benefited from the business gains made by Hunter through nefarious deals including in China using the White House influence.

They're planning a Congressional investigation of Hunter, should they take over one or both houses of Congress in this fall's midterm elections. And it's clear they plan to use that investigation not just to take down Hunter Biden, but also his father. "I think the American people are going to be shocked with what they find out the Biden family's been doing to profit off Joe Biden's name over the past decade," Rep. James Comer (R-Ky.) recently told Fox Business Network.
    https://news.yahoo.com/possible-char...092510240.html
    For what it's worth, more than half of Democrats polled in August by Fox News said it is "somewhat important" for Hunter Biden's business dealings to be investigated.
    There is so much more to this story, especially and unfortunately involving certain people from the FBI and not surprisingly from big tech (facebook, twitter, etc.).
    https://nypost.com/2022/12/05/fbi-wo...aptop-stories/
    Chan also revealed that FBI officials had warned social media companies during those weekly meetings they had “concern… about potential hack-and-leak operations” that might occur shortly before the election, “possibly in October”.
    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...er_bidens.html
    How anyone could argue with these observations is amazing. How indeed does the FBI lose track of something as pivotal as the Hunter Biden laptop? And why does it not seem to care? To Democrats, the press, and the politicized government agencies, it's all about ignoring the issue, and keeping corrupt old Joe Biden and his political influence-peddling machine happy. Why are they doing that?
    And what of Hillary:
    https://nypost.com/2015/09/27/yes-hi...broke-the-law/
    Simply put, Mrs. Clinton is already in just as bad — or worse — of a legal situation than Petraeus faced.

Does this mean she’ll be charged? FBI Director James Comey has a long history of ignoring political pressure. So it’s likely that the FBI will recommend prosecution, and then it will be up to President Obama’s Justice Department to decide whether to proceed. Stay tuned.[/quote]
    The difference between the two was that Hillary was on the correct ideological side and therefore nothing happened (even with hammers flying and Blackberries dying) no charges. Petraeus on the other hand, well he wasn’t of the correct mind think he gets prosecuted.
    And for more Hillary fun:
    https://stillnessinthestorm.com/2020...intons-crimes/
    [/quote=]Whitewater and Cattle Futures, Russian Pay-to-Play Schemes, Emails and the Espionage Act and Benghazi[/quote] Will these ever really be investigated? LOL of course not!
    Fauci:
    https://nypost.com/2022/08/22/house-...stepping-down/
    Fauci, 81, had served as a top infectious diseases expert under seven US presidents but was largely unknown until the onset of COVID-19 in March 2020. He has since come under fire after the NIH admitted last year it had funded so-called “gain-of-function” research at a lab in Wuhan, China, where the virus first emerged.
    Simply put he should be held accountable.
    Most Americans don't live in the right-wing disinformation bubble, and can easily see which party is serious and which one is composed of delusional nutjobs and would-be tyrants.
    Who is the one that can only see one side? Which group is truly in a bubble? If the information I’ve shown you doesn’t at least peak you curiosity just a little bit, then.....

A. What do you think are Trump's reasons for running again? Ego? Patriotism? Self-preservation? Correcting a wrong?
    I think it is 50/50 ego and wanting to correct perceived problems. He needs to stop talking about 2020 altogether. Even if it was the most corrupt stealing of an election in history, what's done is done. Move on.

B. Do you think Ron DeSantis can challenge Trump effectively? Not necessarily if he will win the nomination, but whether DeSantis will run and if he runs, whether he will try to Out-Trump the Donald.
    Does he want to? The whole Trump v. Desantis thing seems like an demotardic astroturf strategy to me. Where's the evidence Desantis wants to run for President? I really like Desantis. I think he would be ill-served by throwing his hat in the ring during the - tastic era of Trump v. Biden. Let the - dust from this era settle before seeking better and shinier things I think.

Do you think there's a civil war brewing between MAGA and old-guard Republicans? Like it was in 2015 with Graham saying that having to choose between Cruz and Trump is like choosing whether you prefer to die by gunshot or poison? Or do you think it will be like 2017 that every Republican very quickly forgot his misgivings about Trump and jumped on the MAGA wagon?
    Has been since Trump came down the escalator. The old neocon unipartyists hate Trump. Romney, McConnell, all the career GOPtards. What they take for granted is the GOP is dead and buried without a reactionary populist movement to the wokists ruining the country with their tumblr values. I'm not sure they even care though.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast