Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trump's new campaign and the building to a Republican civil war

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Trump's new campaign and the building to a Republican civil war

Sorry, I am late:

A) "I am running for president - you can't indict and sentence me"
    B) not sure if enough republicans are still in the mood for Trump, polls don't look too bad for DeSantis either who essentially is Donald's mini me minus the atrocious hizzy fits.
    C) I believe Trump already announced that he will accept someone else's nomination 'if the process was fair'. A process is only fair if he wins, so it remains to be seen if he would pull through with forming a third party as he has been teasing as alternative. Or if his fellow Republicans have enough spine (or confidence) to call his black mail. I am not hopeful of the latter.
    Last edited by Gigantus; February 05, 2023 at 07:30 AM.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

The Trump campaign needs to lose, the Republican party needs a reckoning. Do they want to go back to being the conservative party or continue being the maga cult?
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

The republicans don't need anything, America needs a viable 3rd, 4th and 5th choice.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Peresvet's Avatar Civis

If Trump is elected, he will stop supplies to Ukraine. And Ukraine will be forced to conclude a peace treaty on Russia's terms.
    I am Russian and I hate putin and war. Stop war in Ukraine.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

He won't.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Peresvet's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    He won't.
    Why? Most of american rednecks support Trump. And most of american population.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Sorry, I am late:

A) "I am running for president - you can't indict and sentence me"
    B) not sure if enough republicans are still in the mood for Trump, polls don't look too bad for DeSantis either who essentially is Donald's mini me minus the atrocious hizzy fits.
    C) I believe Trump already announced that he will accept someone else's nomination 'if the process was fair'. A process is only fair if he wins, so it remains to be seen if he would pull through with forming a third party as he has been teasing as alternative. Or if his fellow Republicans have enough spine (or confidence) to call his black mail. I am not hopeful of the latter.
    I am pretty sure he will make a third party, take 5% of the vote or more, guaranteeing that Republicans will lose, and then accuse the Republicans for "Driving him away" and claim he would have won easily if he was the nominee.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    The republicans don't need anything, America needs a viable 3rd, 4th and 5th choice.
    Not a thing in America's system. A 3rd party vote is basically throwing away your vote here.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked

A.B.A.P.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Not a thing in America's system. A 3rd party vote is basically throwing away your vote here.
    I take coalitions are a (theoretical) thing in the US? If so then those votes are likely needed by one, or both parties to form a majority, given the present slim margins: that small party will have a good chance to be big in politics, a Trump party certainly would squeeze republican balls McKarthy style right now.
    Last edited by Gigantus; February 06, 2023 at 11:03 PM.

The Trump campaign needs to lose, the Republican party needs a reckoning. Do they want to go back to being the conservative party or continue being the maga cult?
    When the majority of Republican voters think every election going back decades where a Democrat has won was stolen by a Marxist pedophile conspiracy, I think we can safely say that ship has sailed.

I take coalitions are a (theoretical) thing in the US? If so then those votes are likely needed by one, or both parties to form a majority, given the present slim margins: that small party will have a good chance to be big in politics, a Trump party certainly would squeeze republican balls McKarthy style right now.
    I don't think coalitions are not possible in USA. In the distant past, there were more than two parties.
    The assumption that "a 3rd choice is throwing your vote away" is a classic trap of bipartisanship.

The problem is that with the awful first-past-the-door system USA uses, in many cases it is very hard for a 3rd party candidate to break through. However, it is not impossible. Frankly, a section of Trump's Republicans that consider the moderate Republicans RINOs and as bad as the democrats could well form a 3rd party. Or the hard left of the Democrats, if pressed enough.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

The latest news on the subject of Trump's fragile ego:

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...russia-1779325

ormer President Donald Trump announced he is launching a lawsuit against the panel that awarded Pulitzer Prizes to The New York Times and The Washington Post after it refused to rescind awards it gave the two outlets for their reporting on Trump's alleged connections to Russia during the 2016 presidential campaign.
    In a post on Truth Social on Monday, Trump said he would be launching an effort to "set the record straight" after the publication of a harsh critique in the Columbia Journalism Review over the weekend criticizing the processes involved in Pulitzer Prize-winning reporting in the two newspapers that "wound up being significantly flawed or based on uncorroborated or debunked information."
    Facing calls from Trump and his allies last year to rescind the awards, however, the board announced it would be standing by the awards after an independent review determined "no passages or headlines, contentions or assertions in any of the winning submissions were discredited by facts that emerged subsequent to the conferral of the prizes."
    Trump, it seems, is not giving up, announcing Monday he intended to launch a lawsuit against the board for the awards.
    https://www.newsweek.com/trump-rages...-event-1779604

Former President Donald Trump blasted the Club for Growth on Tuesday after his name was left off the guest list for the conservative anti-tax organization's annual donor retreat.
    "The Club For NO Growth, an assemblage of political misfits, globalists, and losers, fought me incessantly and rather viciously during my presidential run in 2016," Trump wrote in a post on Truth Social. "They said I couldn't win, I did, and won even bigger in 2020, with millions of more votes than '16, but the Election was Rigged & Stollen."
    Trump's remarks come a day after Club for Growth President David McIntosh said nominating Trump to be the GOP candidate in 2024 would diminish the Republican Party's chances of winning the presidency.
    "The party should be open to another candidate," McIntosh told reporters on Tuesday.
    Why does Trump always sound like an angry child having a tantrum?

And what kind of people actually relate to him?

https://www.newsweek.com/mike-lindel...santis-1779945

Lindell went on to say that DeSantis, whom he kept referring to simply as "Ron," probably doesn't understand what's going on in the country.

He also took the opportunity to say it was another indication that he, and not Ronna McDaniel, should have been voted in as the chair of the Republican National Committee (RNC). DeSantis will politically feel the effects of his hosting Locke, Lindell added.
    "There's a reason that the whole country wanted me to be head of the RNC when they did the Rasmussen poll," Lindell said. "It's because I want to get rid of the machines and make our elections elections and not selections.
    "He just blew any chance—if he was thinking of running for president, your ship has sailed, Ron," he continued. "You just as well should endorse Donald Trump right now and save face because you don't know what the people want. It's disgusting. I don't know, are you in on this?"
    I think this image from the comments says all that can be said:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

In other news: https://www.newsweek.com/trump-ampli...-girls-1779918

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis dismissed former President Trump's spreading of a rumor that the governor allegedly partied with underaged girls while he was a high school teacher in Georgia.
    On Tuesday, Trump responded to two photos posted to Truth Social of a man posing with three women, with a caption claiming that it was of DeSantis "grooming high school girls with alcohol as a teacher."
    "That's not Ron, is it? He would never do such a thing!" Trump responded. "No way?" he wrote under another post.
    DeSantis may have thought he was going to be Trump's heir apparent, but Trump never saw him as anything but a pawn to be used up and discarded.

Just like every other person he's ever had contact with his entire awful life.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Why does Trump always sound like an angry child having a tantrum?
    Because he wants to. The real question is where did it go wrong for him to always WANT to sound like that?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Because he wants to. The real question is where did it go wrong for him to always WANT to sound like that?
    It's probably not even that he wants to, it's just who he is; a trust fund baby who's never had to work a day in his life and had never been told no (before becoming a politician).

A.B.A.P.

It's probably not even that he wants to, it's just who he is; a trust fund baby who's never had to work a day in his life and had never been told no (before becoming a politician).
    Pretty much this. Trump's parents made sure he learned from an early age that he was the center of the universe, owed the world on a silver platter, and anyone who told him no was a purely evil subhuman deserving to be ground into the dirt and made to suffer. They also took extra care to teach him if he just yelled, stomped his feet, threw things and got belligerent he would always get what he wanted.

Really that's all future parenting books need, a single line that says "Do the opposite of anything Trump's parents did."

Peresvet's Avatar Civis

I hope America will not allow Trump to be elected, otherwise Ukraine will end, as will our hopes for a free Russia, without Putin.
    Last edited by Peresvet; February 14, 2023 at 12:04 AM.

The two parties, Republican and Democrat, are effectively coalitions already; European understanding of "parties" are functionally the same thing as Caucuses within the parties. If you recall Republican majority speaker McCarthy having difficulty getting elected to his speakership, the holdouts were members of the "Freedom Caucus" refusing to vote for him and denying a majority government.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Peresvet View Post
    I hope America will not allow Biden to be elected, otherwise Ukraine will end, as will our hopes for a free Russia, without Putin.
    Biden strongly supports Ukraine.

Peresvet's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Biden strongly supports Ukraine.
    Sorry, this my mistake. I mean Trump. But Biden must support Ukraine more stronger. Because he afraide Russia and not give Ukraine long range missiles.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast