Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the mod dead?

Default Is the mod dead?

Legit question. Is it? There haven't been updates in a really long time and barelly anyone talks here anymore. Is it all dead or did everyone move to a Discord Server or something?

Where is everyone?

Default Re: Is the mod dead?

This mod is far from dead, development is still ongoing slowly but surely. You should find some EBII content in the RTW community server on Discord, you might even find a few surprises/spoilers if you look hard enough .
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Also, I wouldn't consider a mod like EBII "dead" even if it stopped being developed. I would consider it "complete"
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    This mod is far from dead, development is still ongoing slowly but surely. You should find some EBII content in the RTW community server on Discord, you might even find a few surprises/spoilers if you look hard enough .
    That's good to know. Could you share a link to that Discord? I'm not aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Also, I wouldn't consider a mod like EBII "dead" even if it stopped being developed. I would consider it "complete"
    That's true, but I know there are still two more factions to be added and I've been waiting for them to be revealed for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken2007 View Post
    That's good to know. Could you share a link to that Discord? I'm not aware of it.
    Here: https://discord.com/invite/p4jnanZ

But fair warning, some of the fan art in there can be a little disturbing (Not in the obvious catagories)

Just type in RTW community discord and go from there if link is dead
    Last edited by realm56; November 18, 2022 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Link changed
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

discord link doesnt work?

Here: https://discord.com/invite/p4jnanZ

But fair warning, some of the fan art in there can be a little disturbing (Not in the obvious catagories)
    The link doesn't seem to work...

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post

LOL. Not in an obvious way, so not with bloody violence and gore scenes on the battlefield, but like other stuff? Like, sexual stuff?

I just knew it. So you're the guy who painted that DeviantArt thing of a female Vercingetorix licking the leg of female Julius Caesar in surrender.

Also, the Discord link doesn't work, you guys. At least ModDB has a commentary section on everything, though.

Ofc the mod is dead. Quintus Pc died. Rip

Check the Discord and Twitter and Quintus is still very much alive.
    Last edited by realm56; November 22, 2022 at 07:20 AM.
    - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    Ofc the mod is dead. Quintus Pc died. Rip
    What? My PC is ailing, but it isn't dead yet.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    What? My PC is ailing, but it isn't dead yet.
    Quintus's PC right now:

https://media.tenor.com/eGVQvJ4H3m4A...andy-marsh.gif

Pretty much.

For context, it must be 10 years old now, it's still running Windows 7 and the hard disk is slowly reducing in space because of paging errors or something.

But I added five new units to the build today; two western African, one central European, two late eastern Steppe. A couple of weeks ago it was four reworked Celtic units. So the mod is far from dead.

I just hope the new release will be called something like EBII 2.5 and not EBII 2.35A R3.5.1 Even when you guys release a huge update i feel like you name it like a small patch has been released with 1 ctd fixed instead of giving it a grand new name

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    I just hope the new release will be called something like EBII 2.5 and not EBII 2.35A R3.5.1 Even when you guys release a huge update i feel like you name it like a small patch has been released with 1 ctd fixed instead of giving it a grand new name
    It'll be 2.4, it's too big to release as a patch now, so full installer. But all the stuff we were talking about "for 2.4" like all the faction revamps, will now be 2.5.

It'll be 2.4, it's too big to release as a patch now, so full installer. But all the stuff we were talking about "for 2.4" like all the faction revamps, will now be 2.5.
    Well I'm not gonna pretend the sound of my heart shattering just now wasn't audible for a square mile. So what is the scope of 2.4 now planned to be? Are the new city models still part of the plan, or are we mostly talking about the addition of new regional units and reworking of some others?

Quote Originally Posted by bendsley View Post
    Well I'm not gonna pretend the sound of my heart shattering just now wasn't audible for a square mile. So what is the scope of 2.4 now planned to be? Are the new city models still part of the plan, or are we mostly talking about the addition of new regional units and reworking of some others?
    It's all the new units done since the last release (30-odd or so), numerous fixes and rebalances, any new city models that are ready for release, hundreds of new and revamped unit and info cards.

It's all the new units done since the last release (30-odd or so), numerous fixes and rebalances, any new city models that are ready for release, hundreds of new and revamped unit and info cards.
    I started a Romani campaign about a month ago, which I'm probably going to regret if the big update with new battle map settlement models drops in December.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast