Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: USA midterm elections and the path to the future elections in USA

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: USA midterm elections and the path to the future elections in USA

That was just as much of a disaster once US forces pulled out. Decades later, the US learned no lessons here for Afghanistan or Iraq.
    I don't see any particular lesson any of the three share.

That was just as much of a disaster once US forces pulled out
    Cleary not considering how long the government of South Vietnam maintained itself even with precipitous cuts in US aid.

No mention of inflation
    Why would they mention inflation seeing as world wide inflation is not being driven by US demand there is nothing to be done for it in the US. That the kind of thing you hand the partly in power when running for election but you really don't want to bring up now.
    Last edited by conon394; November 18, 2022 at 11:09 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    I don't see any particular lesson any of the three share.
    How NOT to build a state is the common thread. Or maybe that state building isn't the US' forte.

Why would they mention inflation seeing as world wide inflation is not being driven by US demand their is nothing to be done for it. in the US. That the kind of thing you hand the partly in power when running for election but you really don't want to bring up now.
    True, but for all their yelling and screaming, most Americans want/believe there is some kind of panacea, and the Republicans have put the onus on themselves for that.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...n/69661340007/

Blake Masters has now joined the chorus in the latest Kari Lake smash hit to top the MAGA billboard: “I lost, so the election was stolen.”
    Masters went on a tear on Thursday evening, charging thousands of Arizona voters were disenfranchised and calling on every member of the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors to “resign in disgrace”.
    “They all deserve to be recalled by the voters, and investigated by the AG (pray that @AbrahamHamadeh makes it in),” he tweeted.
    According to Masters-think, the Republican-run Board of Supervisors was either “grossly negligent” or outright rigged the Nov. 8 election by making sure that Election Day lines were long and tabulation machines didn’t work.
    “We may never know how many thousands of voters were disenfranchised,” he tweeted. “And yes this would have made a difference in Abe and Kari’s races.”

He also complains that that not enough Republicans voted by mail. Oh, the irony.
    The only people Masters doesn’t blame?
    Himself and the other MAGA candidates who tied themselves tightly to Donald Trump.
    Who urged their voters to cast their ballots on Election Day because they couldn’t trust early voting.
    Who told Republicans not to trust so much as a marking pen handed to them by poll workers.
    This is the main reason Republicans are a fading party. Independents can clearly see who the adults in the room are.

I predict that Republicans will do worse and worse from here on out as their base, constantly bombarded by delusional voter fraud lies, will start not even bothering to vote. Why should they if every election has been rigged as Trump and his lackeys say?

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    The majority of Americans believe the Afghanistan withdrawal was poorly executed and blame Biden for it. Hunter Biden is already under investigation by the FBI and IRS. What is it the GOP should learn from this?
    Every time a MAGA nutcase holds up a Hunter Biden placard, they're not holding up a RINO placard. Need to keep the focus on the other
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Vox Populi, Vox Dei.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Nebaki; November 20, 2022 at 08:42 AM.

https://www.newsweek.com/election-de...ilding-1761932

Arizona residents seeking a redo of the 2022 general election are expected to gather at the state Capitol building on Friday to protest the results.
    An announcement was posted on azrevote.com calling on attendees to meet at the Arizona Capitol on Friday morning so they can let their voices "be heard peacefully, prayerfully." The announcement also instructs Arizonians to bring signs and banners for an adjacent #AZRevote Overpass Campaign on Friday and Saturday, and provided overpass location suggestions in Maricopa County and the Tucson area.
    Peacefully, prayerfully huh? From the people who feel they need 3 to 5 guns on them to get the morning paper?

National Guard should be on high alert and expect the MAGAs to start shooting.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/election-de...ilding-1761932

Peacefully, prayerfully huh? From the people who feel they need 3 to 5 guns on them to get the morning paper?

National Guard should be on high alert and expect the MAGAs to start shooting.
    I don't expect another January 6th. But yes, the NG should be on high alert. This is not something to risk the 10% chance (that's how probable I consider it) for ANOTHER Jan 6th.
    Last edited by alhoon; November 24, 2022 at 08:38 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-kari-...county-1762624

Donald Trump is continuing to push unsubstantiated claims that a "criminal" voting operation in Arizona cost Republican gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake the election.
    Two weeks after Lake lost her midterm race to Democrat Katie Hobbs, the former president suggested the election was rigged against his endorsed candidate, saying it was "almost as bad" as the 2020 presidential election, which he lost to Joe Biden.
    In a post on Truth Social, Trump suggested that Lake should be installed as Arizona governor over the victorious Hobbs, while making claims about the voting machines in the state.
    "Massive numbers of 'BROKEN' voting machines in Republican Districts on Election Day. Mechanics sent in to 'FIX' them made them worse. Kari had to be taken to a Democrat area, which was working perfectly, to vote. Her opponent ran the Election. This is yet another criminal voting operation—SO OBVIOUS," Trump wrote.
    No Mr. Trump, there is no meaningful fraud. You assume there is because you believe yourself infallible, and you believe this about yourself because you are immature from being coddled and spoiled all your life, and because you are uneducated and not very smart besides.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/trump-kari-...county-1762624

No Mr. Trump, there is no meaningful fraud. You assume there is because you believe yourself infallible, and you believe this about yourself because you are immature from being coddled and spoiled all your life, and because you are uneducated and not very smart besides.
    They could hire the cyber ninjas again.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...st/ar-AA14RAby

Former President Donald Trump on Saturday evening doubled down on his calls to "terminate" the United States Constitution and restore him to power.
    Writing on his Truth Social website, Trump again expressed rage at his loss in the 2020 election, which he still falsely maintains was "stolen" from him,
    "The world is laughing at the United States of America and its corrupt and rigged Presidential Election of 2020!" Trump wrote.

In an all-caps follow-up post, Trump wrote that "UNPRECEDENTED FRAUD REQUIRES UNPRECEDENTED CURE!"

Earlier on Saturday, Trump elaborated on what this "unprecedented cure" would look like when he said that it would require "the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution."
    In a final post, Trump attacked Republicans who voted to certify President Joe Biden's win in the 2020 election.
    "I wonder what Mitch McConnell, the RINOS, and all of the weak Republicans who couldn’t get the Presidential Election of 2020 approved and out of the way fast enough, are thinking now?" he raged. "They are a disgrace to our great Party, and to our Nation, which has become a laughing stock all over the World!"

That is the main problem Trump has when dealing with Democrats, the legal system, and others able to think critically. He is so used to telling his cultists the most outlandish lies that he assume we are just as gullible as they are. We are not.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234