https://www.yahoo.com/news/suspiciou...194504594.html

The gist: Saturday, an envelope or two containing suspicious white powder were sent to Kari Lake's headquarters. They were discovered by a staffer, the office remains closed, the envelopes were sent to professionals for analysis and nobody has been hurt.

However, even if that is (as I suspect) a mean prank, it does causes disruption to the campaign of that candidate and causes significant expenses to the authorities. I would also guess the staffers that found it were quite stressed and concerned over their health.

My question is: Do you think this prank was just because that candidate is deeply unpopular with some elements of the electorate or it is an attempt to cause disruption and intimidation to her staffers - or serve as a warning that unless Kari Lake moderates her tone, things would turn ugly?
In any of those cases, what do you think the response of the state should be?

In my opinion, it is a prank with plans to cause mischief. It is still a blow under the belt though and the perpetrators should face the consequences of their actions even if they are (as I suspect) a couple of stupid 16 years old that put flour in an envelope or something.