Thread: Wainriders - A First Look at Gondor! Strategy map PREVIEW!

Icon4 Wainriders - A First Look at Gondor! Strategy map PREVIEW!

Hello everyone!

CountMRVHS, Webba84, Aradan and myself are glad to announce a preview of the campaign map for the first time for Wainriders - Total War! The mod is set in the year 1864 of the Third Age, when the Wainriders assaulted Gondor and what was left of Arnor was clinging on for dear life against the onslaught of the Witch-Realm of Angmar!

Come have a look here on Count's channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oY-cUdgx4E

Please consider leaving a comment and subscribing to Count's channel!

best regards,
    The Wainriders Team

Default Re: Wainriders - A First Look at Gondor! Strategy map PREVIEW!

I really love Count's content. It is especially wonderful when it is about Gondor.
    Really can't wait for the release!

And the next preview is already out as well!

https://youtu.be/LtzV86DovZE

Quote Originally Posted by messenger View Post
    I really love Count's content. It is especially wonderful when it is about Gondor.
    Really can't wait for the release!
    We're glad you like it! stay tuned for more!

This looks amazing! I also like the time period, because it is so different from what we have seen from other Middle-earth mods. Will there be factions that use the Horde mechanic, or some event mechanic for a faction to pack up their backs and actually leave their homeland, such as with the Éothéod? They moved to Calenardhon and left the North somewhere around TA 2500. Or is that outside the timeline of this mod? That would be about a 1000 turns, so probably way too long.

nice world
    Sklep z minimalistycznymi ubraniami oversize dla dzieci z lnu i bawełny organicznej.
    Lniane ubrania dla dzieci w akeforkids.pl

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Vhaelor View Post
    We're glad you like it! stay tuned for more!
    It's very interesting, indeed! Keep it up!
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Quote Originally Posted by Breeman View Post
    This looks amazing! I also like the time period, because it is so different from what we have seen from other Middle-earth mods. Will there be factions that use the Horde mechanic, or some event mechanic for a faction to pack up their backs and actually leave their homeland, such as with the Éothéod? They moved to Calenardhon and left the North somewhere around TA 2500. Or is that outside the timeline of this mod? That would be about a 1000 turns, so probably way too long.

No there won't be migration in that sense, but certain factions can invite or settle under- or depopulated areas of western Middle Earth The Eotheod preview isn't out yet but they too have options for migration

That sounds nice! I think there have been a few new previews I haven't seen yet, the Éothéod preview seems to be out now, going to watch them tonight.

I like the concept of the migration period as in Barbarian Invasions, but the horde mechanic of BI is sort of hit or miss. Can be abused by the player, or the player can get caught off-guard and just get overrun without anything they can do about it.