Thread: How to remove my General from a Crusade so that the Crusade will end

Default How to remove my General from a Crusade so that the Crusade will end

My King crusaded to Jerusalem, but was losing in battle, so I retreated off the battle map. He boarded a ship with the remaining crusading army, who I disbanded as they would have deserted soon anyway. I brought my general back home, but his Crusade flag remained. Now, all of the crusading armies are dead but my King, who still retains his Crusade flag, and thus the Crusade will not end. Is there a cheat command I can use to remove him from the Crusade? Is there anything else I can do besides suicide him or send him on Crusade again and this time make sure that he dies in battle if the battle is a losing cause? Thanks!
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Default Re: How to remove my General from a Crusade so that the Crusade will end

After much careful consideration, unless I hear a better idea, I have decided to autowin_attacker a victory upon the Crusade target with a single unit of one of my non-crusading armies, and then immediately withdraw that single unit so that the target - Jerusalem - is immediately retaken by the massive Fatimid forces in the vicinity. It's either that, apparently, or send my King in again with another crusading army and ensure that he is killed in action, which is something I don't want to do. Anyway, at least this way, since the army taking Jerusalem is not a crusading army, I don't get seem to get any extra favor from the Pope, which seems fair for gameplay. Still open to any other ideas though. Thanks for your consideration all!

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: How to remove my General from a Crusade so that the Crusade will end

He can just quit Crusade can he not? Of course that is absolute loss of Prestige

How can he quit the Crusade? What do I have to do to make him quit? Also, I am playing with BGRV, so maybe that makes a difference somehow, though I don't expect you to know about that. But could you please tell me what I would have to do to have my general quit a Crusade in the regular game?

Well I too am playing a mod, but as far as I know nobody has modified the crusade script.
    But just in case; click your character.
    Left click get his details, left hand corner is a crusade symbol and gives option to quit.
    I might add his army will not.
    Plus I am doing this from memory. But I'm pretty sure I'm right

Ha, ha - I've been playing this game for 15 years, and I never noticed or knew that. I just tried it and it worked. Thanks so much!

Pleasure to help