Thread: Allied state general died. Can recruit more in a mere 99 turns.

Default Allied state general died. Can recruit more in a mere 99 turns.

Hi there.

As the title says. The Kingetoi Rigos general died in a rebellion (not in battle). Will I not be able to pacify this settlement? Tested it for some turns and now a family member general died as well in the same town called Bagiennorum. What the hell?

Other related question: How to disable generals dying in rebellions during 'end turn'? Never seen this before in other mods and I don't want to deal with this. I mean ... if one dies I should be able to at least recruit another. Maybe the dice will be favorable and the new governor general is going to have better influence.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by benczeb90; November 05, 2022 at 04:00 AM. Reason: an idea of compromise came to mind

Default Re: Allied state general died. Can recruit more in a mere 99 turns.

I always role play this as a difficult to govern region. If a client ruler isn't enough to pacify a region a tend to to re-conquer and sack it. also i tend to install oligarch on hard to control regions as that two turns make a hell of a difference, once it is stable you can always destroy and establish a democracy. Works quite nicely from a role playing perspective. When you re-conquer make sure you destroy the old building so you can recruit a new client ruler.

I've not updated recently so this may be out of date. Sometimes I had to sack a province multiple times and sit a large stack to get maximum garrison bonus. Also make sure you have a spy there to make sure another spy isn't increasing unrest. I enjoy regions like this as it tends to provide challenge that is otherwise lacking once you get through the first stage of the campaign. (I only play on hard, not very hard which might make a difference?)

Senator

You are meant to rebuild the allied government.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by sigurdr View Post
    When you re-conquer make sure you destroy the old building so you can recruit a new client ruler.
    Music to my ears, buddy. Good to know destroying and re-building makes the unit available again.

Quote Originally Posted by benczeb90 View Post
    Music to my ears, buddy. Good to know destroying and re-building makes the unit available again.
    Please don't repeatedly destroy and rebuild the Allied Government just to train a bunch of self-regenerating bodyguard units. I mean, no one is stopping you, but still...

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    Please don't repeatedly destroy and rebuild the Allied Government just to train a bunch of self-regenerating bodyguard units. I mean, no one is stopping you, but still...
    Well I haven't thought of it until you phrased it like that...
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

But in reality the 'real ruler' the Hellenistic King would just raise another member of the Oligarchs to take his place, he wouldn't let the state in stasis. Its more of a complicated negotiation of rights and receprical Eugetesism.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    And don't use process_cq to have it back in one turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    But in reality the 'real ruler' the Hellenistic King would just raise another member of the Oligarchs to take his place, he wouldn't let the state in stasis. Its more of a complicated negotiation of rights and receprical Eugetesism.
    Allied States represent more than just the gifts of Hellenistic rulers. They have to stand in for all the possible arrangements, which is why it's kludge.