Thread: Rome Total Realism 8 v4.0.2 (not final), large Balance Patch

Default Rome Total Realism 8 v4.0.2 (not final), large Balance Patch

Hello everyone,

while playing diffrent campaigns on my favorite Rome TW mod, I decided to fix everything that bothers me and this is the result so far.

Whats new?

Now multiple factions got an overhaul (and are for the most part finished):
    Rome
    Galatia
    Gauls
    Germans
    Thrace
    Illyria
    Iberia
    Numidia
    Carthage
    Macedon
    Greek Cities

- Rebalanced the faction building system.
    Like before everyone starts with Occupation building, then
    -> local-buildchain (Autonomia) (2-3 upgrades, gives public happiness and quick acces to local units) [optional]
    -> labour-colony (Initial Colonization) (production, but reduces public happiness and no access to units) [semi-optional]
    -> central-buildchain (Established Colony/Settlement/City/...)(multiple upgrades, requires same culture as your faction ,gives law bonus and access faction units)
    (some factions have some diffrent paths like Rome, Greek cities,...)

- Added new buildings. (Goldsmith, Local Economies, Reworked Mines)

- Expended the recuitement system.
    These factions mentioned above now have access to local units and thus a much wider unit roaster at the beginning of the game.

- The most noticeable change is that I have massively increased the unit costs, while the upkeep costs remained relatively low.
    IMO this creates a much better game experience where you can have multiple armies in multiple fronts at the same time, but going to war with other faction drains your treasurey.

- Balanced of diffrent unit types through changing unit size (and damage). (Peltasts buffed, Cav nerfed, ...)

- Diplomats have now +10 Culture Conversion Trait if they are in a city. (this is not supposed to stack, but I have not found a way to implement that)

- Balanced some traits and ancillaries. (Like nerfed - Squalor effects)

Future plans are to:
    - overhaul every faction (takes time)
    - add more local economy buildings (have to create or find good images)
    - add governor and law buildings (requires alot of scripting)
    - include more local units to mercenaries (have to finish overhaul of every faction frist)

I tried to upload only the files i changed but the game kept crashing on startup, so I'll just upload the whole mod.
    Download: https://megafile.cc/0Zkn/rtr.zip

Note: Thanks to the RTR8 Team for creating such an amazing mod. I take no credit any of this.

Default Re: Rome Total Realism 8 v4.0.2 (not final), large Balance Patch

This is a official patch? So nice to see this mod is not in oblivion.
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

It is not official, no. Seed15, I’d come up with a name for this and call it a sub mod

Quote Originally Posted by Seed15 View Post
    Hello everyone,

while playing diffrent campaigns on my favorite Rome TW mod, I decided to fix everything that bothers me and this is the result so far.

Whats new?

Now multiple factions got an overhaul (and are for the most part finished):
    Rome
    Galatia
    Gauls
    Germans
    Thrace
    Illyria
    Iberia
    Numidia
    Carthage
    Macedon
    Greek Cities

- Rebalanced the faction building system.
    Like before everyone starts with Occupation building, then
    -> local-buildchain (Autonomia) (2-3 upgrades, gives public happiness and quick acces to local units) [optional]
    -> labour-colony (Initial Colonization) (production, but reduces public happiness and no access to units) [semi-optional]
    -> central-buildchain (Established Colony/Settlement/City/...)(multiple upgrades, requires same culture as your faction ,gives law bonus and access faction units)
    (some factions have some diffrent paths like Rome, Greek cities,...)

- Added new buildings. (Goldsmith, Local Economies, Reworked Mines)

- Expended the recuitement system.
    These factions mentioned above now have access to local units and thus a much wider unit roaster at the beginning of the game.

- The most noticeable change is that I have massively increased the unit costs, while the upkeep costs remained relatively low.
    IMO this creates a much better game experience where you can have multiple armies in multiple fronts at the same time, but going to war with other faction drains your treasurey.

- Balanced of diffrent unit types through changing unit size (and damage). (Peltasts buffed, Cav nerfed, ...)

- Diplomats have now +10 Culture Conversion Trait if they are in a city. (this is not supposed to stack, but I have not found a way to implement that)

- Balanced some traits and ancillaries. (Like nerfed - Squalor effects)

Future plans are to:
    - overhaul every faction (takes time)
    - add more local economy buildings (have to create or find good images)
    - add governor and law buildings (requires alot of scripting)
    - include more local units to mercenaries (have to finish overhaul of every faction frist)

I tried to upload only the files i changed but the game kept crashing on startup, so I'll just upload the whole mod.
    Download: https://megafile.cc/0Zkn/rtr.zip

Note: Thanks to the RTR8 Team for creating such an amazing mod. I take no credit any of this.
    Hey everyone,

this time I spend the most time to implement the governor and law system, finished of local economy buildings and did change traits/ancillaries. Also edited a bit of pontus faction building and unit roaster.

What's new?
    - You can now build a 'Goverments House' once your settlement becomes a city
    - After you build it, you can recruit a governor (general with the Trait 'Provincial Governor')
    - Governors can have higher chances to get certain Traits/Ancillaries (e.g. with 'Enforce Tax Collection' you have better chances to get the Trait 'GoodTaxman')
    - If the Governor doesn't end in settlement with a 'Goverments House', he will turn into a Private Citizen and lose all his autority (he loses all Command, Management, Influence and some other stats)
    - To gain his Trait 'Provincial Governor' back, he needs to end in settlement with a 'Goverments House'

- After you build a 'Goverments House' you have access to laws/policies
    - An 'Empty Bill' building will be generated, and you have now the option to chose between 7 laws
    - Laws have their own unique effect and like mentioned above also affect the Traits and Ancillaries of Governors
    (exept Immigration Policy, for whatever reason the comparison 'SettlementBuildingExists = immigration_laws' seems to not work (but for all the other laws it does))

- Balanced Ancillaries and made some easier to obtain

Seems like the old download did expire, this one should be permanent. (Also can't edit posts yet on this account
    )
    Download: https://mega.nz/file/JT9lBA7L#wD95Bk...QHUTpFgTbrKaic

Hey everyone,

this time I spend the most time to implement the governor and law system, finished of local economy buildings and did change traits/ancillaries. Also edited a bit of pontus faction building and unit roaster.

What's new?
    - You can now build a 'Goverments House' once your settlement becomes a city
    - After you build it, you can recruit a governor (general with the Trait 'Provincial Governor')
    - Governors can have higher chances to get certain Traits/Ancillaries (e.g. with 'Enforce Tax Collection' you have better chances to get the Trait 'GoodTaxman')
    - If the Governor doesn't end in settlement with a 'Goverments House', he will turn into a Private Citizen and lose all his autority (he loses all Command, Management, Influence and some other stats)
    - To gain his Trait 'Provincial Governor' back, he needs to end in settlement with a 'Goverments House'

- After you build a 'Goverments House' you have access to laws/policies
    - An 'Empty Bill' building will be generated, and you have now the option to chose between 7 laws
    - Laws have their own unique effect and like mentioned above also affect the Traits and Ancillaries of Governors
    (exept Immigration Policy, for whatever reason the comparison 'SettlementBuildingExists = immigration_laws' seems to not work (but for all the other laws it does))

- Balanced Ancillaries and made some easier to obtain

Seems like the old download did expire, this one should be permanent. (Also can't edit posts yet on this account
    )
    Download: https://mega.nz/file/JT9lBA7L#wD95Bk...QHUTpFgTbrKaic

Hey everyone,

a new update is here!

What's new?
    - Reduced the effectiveness of cost/time reduction effects by lowering the base reduction from 50% to 30%
    - Added a few post-marian units for Rome
    - Made Babarians able to build T4 temples
    - Now Dacia, Pontus, Egypt(Ptolemies) and Armenia got an overhaul (+ multiple minor changes to other factions)
    - You can now recruit Elephants from Ivory Black Market
    - Fixed bugs from Governors System which was introduced last patch (now everything should work)

To increase the difficulty go to 'RTR\data\scripts\show_me' delete 'BK_Script' then copy 'BK_Script (hard)' and rename it to 'BK_Script'.

If you have problems with starting the game, make sure you have 'Windowed Mode' and 'No Audio' checked.
    (You can find in your 'RTR' folder a 'TW_musik' folder with two playlist)

Download: https://mega.nz/file/gWFnDTTY#b-oauo...jrPCwxR0V3KCIQ

Ups, forgot to URL the Link.

Hey everyone,

a new update is here!

What's new?
    - Reduced the effectiveness of cost/time reduction effects by lowering the base reduction from 50% to 30%
    - Added a few post-marian units for Rome
    - Made Babarians able to build T4 temples
    - Now Dacia, Pontus, Egypt(Ptolemies) and Armenia got an overhaul (+ multiple minor changes to other factions)
    - You can now recruit Elephants from Ivory Black Market
    - Fixed bugs from Governors System which was introduced last patch (now everything should work)

To increase the difficulty go to 'RTR\data\scripts\show_me' delete 'BK_Script' then copy 'BK_Script (hard)' and rename it to 'BK_Script'.

If you have problems with starting the game, make sure you have 'Windowed Mode' and 'No Audio' checked.
    (You can find in your 'RTR' folder a 'TW_musik' folder with two playlist)

Hello, next update is out!

What´s new?
    - Slightly adjusted Armenia and Egypt(Ptolemies)
    - Seleucia and Parthia got overhauled. (now only Bactria, Sarmatia and Saka is missing)
    - A few cities got a bit more buildings added at campaign start
    - Now local requitment is updated to every region (auxilia_phase2 and auxilia_phase3 bulding for every faction)

Download: https://mega.nz/file/cLs2zIRJ#rv837V...aAbP79rn_Je2jU

Note: This is probably the second to last update for this balance mod.
    For the last one (which will not come out for a while), I´m planning to
    - finish off the overhaul for Nabatean, Bactria, Sarmatia and Saka
    - refine the current Nomad system
    - further implement the player_monument building to make gameplay for some factions better (like Galatia).

A minor update to fix some stuff.
    Download: https://mega.nz/file/hfdQFRxZ#YBe6U0...ys1xC3Pi8CABVk

Bug fixes to background script.
    Download: https://mega.nz/file/kT8EyAja#OcaU5J...x-LGauVy0VDvQg

Installation:
    1. Go to your Rome Total Realism folder
    2. then to RTR\data\scripts\show_me
    3. replace BK_Script
    4. Done!

A short Installation guide:
    [Note: All the downloads from posts above are outdated]

1. Mod Download: https://mega.nz/file/oTlUyCjQ#Uk9W7D...gq8kTzn_tq--B4
    2. This zip includes the whole Rome game with the mod, so just place the extracted files into your C:\Program Files (x86)
    3. You can find the launcher for the mod in C:\Program Files (x86)\Rome Total Realism RTR\RTR\launcher. To start the game simply press the RTR logo

Enable Audio:
    I have the audio disabled, because it causes crashes for my PC (but as far as I know it works for others fine)
    To enable the audio you have to you have to enable it both in the launcher and in the audio settings in-game

Start campaign script:
    To start the campaign script you have to press on one of your cities and then the advisor portray. That's all
    (If you load into a pre-battle screen you have to click the '?' to enable the campaign script)

Crashes:
    Always quicksave before you end your turn. Always!!
    The mod crashes quite often in the end turn. Simply load back into the game and change the current game state, by moving a unit or building something in a city.
    Outside these end turn crashes the mod is rather stable. But you still get every now and then your typical Rome crashes.

In-game descriptions:
    Not everything is well described in-game as a side note.

What does the gameplay look like?
    https://www.youtube.com/@RamTG-ts1mn/videos

If you have any other question or problems just hit me up on discord under xmartinx.