Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 098 : Mod is NOT RUNNING, what to do? (also crashes and other technical)

louigi's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

thanks for the reply!

yeah, guess i'm worrying too much for nothing haha. i'm very novice regarding the technical aspect of mods not via steam
    so is this 0.98 a whole new standalone that has to be downloaded, or is it just a small file that adds thing to the main mod that is already in mods folder? in other words, do I have to delete the version that I have now? or not?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by louigi View Post
    thanks for the reply!

yeah, guess i'm worrying too much for nothing haha. i'm very novice regarding the technical aspect of mods not via steam
    so is this 0.98 a whole new standalone that has to be downloaded, or is it just a small file that adds thing to the main mod that is already in mods folder? in other words, do I have to delete the version that I have now? or not?
    Standalone. Delete the previous version. Download a large file and put it into /mods folder.

opaxite's Avatar Foederatus

Icon5 General tips to prevent crashing?

I experience a lot of crashes playing 098. Some of them are in between turns, those are mitigated by frequent saving. But recently I had three crashes right after a battle. That gets frustrating very quickly, there's no autosave and I have to fight the battle again. This makes the game somewhat unplayable for me.

Any general tips on how to improve game stability? Are there any settings that would help?

Default Re: General tips to prevent crashing?

Quote Originally Posted by opaxite View Post
    I experience a lot of crashes playing 098. Some of them are in between turns, those are mitigated by frequent saving. But recently I had three crashes right after a battle. That gets frustrating very quickly, there's no autosave and I have to fight the battle again. This makes the game somewhat unplayable for me.

Any general tips on how to improve game stability? Are there any settings that would help?
    from experience of many players, this is not the fault of the mod in the current state (it used to be in the previous versions). You should look at the webpages of the Titanium mod, perhaps Europa Barbarorum II - there should be a lot of information to look at the weak spots of one's intallation/computer.

Also remember to use LAA, which is the main folder, your ctds seem like you may needed.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

It is also preferable to close your internet browser as well as any software in the background. I myself noticed the disappearance of certain CTDs by this simple principle.

opaxite's Avatar Foederatus

Thank you everyone for the replies. I followed the advice to look for Europa Barbarorum tips.
    1. I applied the 4GB patch
    2. I've set the executables to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode and as an administrator.
    The game has been running flawlessly since, haven't had a single CTD.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

You need to modify the values ​​(in red) in the mods/SSHIP_098/configuration.cfg file
    [video]
    ### If you want to enable windowed mode, uncomment the following settings and adapt them to you screen resolution
    borderless_window =true
    windowed =true
    # battle_resolution = 1920 1200 # Resolution on the battle map - (h*w)
    # campaign_resolution = 1920 1200 # Resolution on the campaign map - (h*w)
    # tga_width = 1920

Getting a nasty CTD after some battles almost periodically, all it says is:

"A fatal graphics error has occurred, the game will now shut down. This is normally caused by having your graphics settings set too high, please try running the program again and lowering your graphics settings before a battle"

I'm playing on the lowest possible settings and my PC can run this game on the highest settings. Sometimes this problem happened in Stainless Steel 6.4 too but without the error message it just CDT.
    Tried reinstalling, updating my drivers, running the game in win7 compatibility mode still getting this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by sepas10 View Post
    Getting a nasty CTD after some battles almost periodically, all it says is:

"A fatal graphics error has occurred, the game will now shut down. This is normally caused by having your graphics settings set too high, please try running the program again and lowering your graphics settings before a battle"

I'm playing on the lowest possible settings and my PC can run this game on the highest settings. Sometimes this problem happened in Stainless Steel 6.4 too but without the error message it just CDT.
    Tried reinstalling, updating my drivers, running the game in win7 compatibility mode still getting this issue.
    As jurand said, this is likely beyond the reach of our modding team.

Best I can do to help is share my setup I guess: using an amd processor and integrated graphic, SSD and 16gb of ram, running windows 10, I play the game:
    - without compatibility settings
    - the bat file is launched as administrator
    - I applied the LAA patch
    - the game is in windowed mode
    - the game is steam version
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Hello, I know that probably have a very simple question/issue but its my first time ever trying SSHIP

I have installed S.S.4 in my laptop and been playing it for years
    I checked the instructions on the new SSHIP version and it just says to unpack the zip file to the "mods" folder on my M2 (Kingdoms) folder.
    I m trying to run the Launcher but keep getting a message :

ERROR: Cannot find the M2TW or Kingdoms executable.
    You probably installed SSHIP into the wrong folder.

Press any key to continue . . .

What I m doing wrong?

(p.s. I dont know if this is important. I have installed Steam (and its games) outside Program Files, I m having steam folder on root C:\

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsmann View Post
    Hello, I know that probably have a very simple question/issue but its my first time ever trying SSHIP

I have installed S.S.4 in my laptop and been playing it for years
    I checked the instructions on the new SSHIP version and it just says to unpack the zip file to the "mods" folder on my M2 (Kingdoms) folder.
    I m trying to run the Launcher but keep getting a message :

ERROR: Cannot find the M2TW or Kingdoms executable.
    You probably installed SSHIP into the wrong folder.

Press any key to continue . . .

What I m doing wrong?

(p.s. I dont know if this is important. I have installed Steam (and its games) outside Program Files, I m having steam folder on root C:\
    I've got two exe files in my folder: kingdoms.exe and medieval2.exe (this is actually the same file, just copied to another name).
    Apply LAA to both.
    you may also check if the path in the configuration.cfg is the right one.
    sometimes the program itself may override the path, iirc (and I don't know how to solve it, you must try ;-)

I did apply LAA to both medieval2 and kingdoms exe files
    I opened up via notebook configuration.cfg (from SSHIP unpacked files) and i dont see any path

Problem persists

Default Re: The CROWNS system

What kind of black magic is this? Any specialty I have to consider when installing? I unpacked it, ran large address awareness exe then the map and bin file cleaner bat, then played the mod. When I think about it, I also have this campaign popup of the serbian prince or something nearly every turn. Don't know if something is ed with my installation? Geez this sucks

PS: I did a fresh install of the mod but without the cleanup.bat and it works instantly. Everything else is the same, somehow it corrupts the installation. Maybe it is also related to the Utrecht bug? Any way to fix it in an ongoing save? Anyway, it works now. Thanks for having a look.

Best regards
    Last edited by meltorizor; October 07, 2022 at 04:19 PM.

I solved it
    thank you

can you tell us how, if someone else have the same problem?

I guess he unpacked it right to the mod folder without the SSHIP subfolder. At least that's what I did when installing first time and got exactly the same error message. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi so I am very new to Med 2 and this is my first time installing SSHIP, I installed the latest version and unzipped the files straight into the mod folder of med 2 but I am having an issue where it says ERROR: Cannot find the M2TW or Kingdoms executable.You probably installed SSHIP into the wrong folder. how do I fix this?

In the mods folder, you need to have a SSHIP_098 folder, and you files inside that one. Is it like this on your computer?

Creaing the folder fixed all problems thank you very much!