Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 098 : Mod is NOT RUNNING, what to do? (also crashes and other technical)

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 ver. September 8th, 2022

You should find in the SSHIP_098 folder a file called SSHIP 098 launcher

This is the .bat you are looking for.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Please excuse my ignorance, but the installalation instruction say install directly into 'mods' folder, is that correct? Not in a SSHIP folder? I did the former and I was told that could not find medII exe

Edit now I just get vanilla medII game
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; February 20, 2023 at 12:22 AM.

Hello again. I have now tried installing version 0.98, and get the error "Could not find Medieval 2 or Kingdoms excecutable, you probably installed the mod in the wrong folder". I did follow instructions and don't really know how it is in the wrong folder. I also deleted the previouis 0.97-folder before installing this (I did not reinstall Med2 completely however).

Please see the screenshot attached here to see my install path (top of the file-explorer window), the content of my SSHIP_098-folder and the error-message I got.

I know previously there has been problems when modding the Steam version, namely that it needs to be installed outside the Programfiles86-folder and that you need to duplicate the medieval2.exe and name it "kingdoms". I have already done both of these things, and applied LAA to both the medieval2.exe and the kingdoms.exe. Is there something I have overlooked? I'm on Windows 10, Medieval 2 is installed in a secondary steam library on a secndary drive.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SHIPP_098 won't launch.png  
    Last edited by peikern; February 20, 2023 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peikern View Post
    Hello again. I have now tried installing version 0.98, and get the error "Could not find Medieval 2 or Kingdoms excecutable, you probably installed the mod in the wrong folder". I did follow instructions and don't really know how it is in the wrong folder. I also deleted the previouis 0.97-folder before installing this (I did not reinstall Med2 completely however).

Please see the screenshot attached here to see my install path (top of the file-explorer window), the content of my SSHIP_098-folder and the error-message I got.

I know previously there has been problems when modding the Steam version, namely that it needs to be installed outside the Programfiles86-folder and that you need to duplicate the medieval2.exe and name it "kingdoms". I have already done both of these things, and applied LAA to both the medieval2.exe and the kingdoms.exe. Is there something I have overlooked? I'm on Windows 10, Medieval 2 is installed in a secondary steam library on a secndary drive.

hmmmmmm, very strange, I have no idea what is wrong here... Does it not work even after rebootng the computer?
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I have no idea either. The problem is here:
    cd ..\..
    IF EXIST kingdoms.exe (start /affinity 1 /high kingdoms.exe @%0\..\configuration.cfg) ELSE (
    IF EXIST medieval2.exe (start /affinity 1 /high medieval2.exe @%0\..\configuration.cfg)
    for a reason your comp cannot find - or cannot open, maybe your file has a hidden attribute or something - the requested file...

Yes it is strange. No, it does not work after rebooting :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I have no idea either. The problem is here:

for a reason your comp cannot find - or cannot open, maybe your file has a hidden attribute or something - the requested file...
    Right, thank you for replying. I don't think the .exe files have a hidden attribute, assuming I understand you correctly on what a hidden attribute is... I attached a screenshot of the properties-window of my kingdoms-exe. The box that is marked "Skjult" (that's "Hidden" in norwegian) is un-checked. So I assume that means it does not have a hidden attribute? Its the same for the medieval2.exe-file.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kingdoms.exe not hidden.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	368727
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; February 21, 2023 at 02:23 PM. Reason: posts merged

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

Hi there.
    I installed the game, ran it. It ran fine.
    Went away for a few weeks, came back.
    Launch the game.
    It complains that it can't find the medieval.exe file.

Any advice other than reinstall? xD

edit: Other mods run fine.
    this is weird.
    Even other .bat mods like divide and conquer.

edit 2: Did a reinstall of the mod, still can't find my .exe hum. I have a feeling there is something stupid going on. something facepalm inducing.
    Last edited by beermugcarl; February 26, 2023 at 07:26 AM.

Hi I just found out about this mod (it's awesome) and found a version 0.97 on mod DB as a full folder install with the ss launcher etc. worked great by having it in my mod folder and running it via the command line. (even with the dif edition via steam/Mac) but when I thy to run this version it won't do anything (there isn't a .exe). the https://www.moddb.com/mods/sship one works but crashes like this mod sometimes does. does anyone here have a complete folder with the ss launcher or is there a way around this? many thanks in advance

The thing is that I play on mac, I can therefore run the file through the steam launcher advanced options: --features.mod=mods/SS6.3 (Example) because that folder was from this download: https://www.moddb.com/mods/sship/downloads/sship097 (the full folder instal launches fine) If there is a full folder instal like the one above I could play it just fine I guess but when I do make a folder is CTD's strait after trying to launch... I really want to play the new patch because sship rocks!

Thanks for thinking along

Kindly,

Dennis

Default Re: 098 : Mod is NOT RUNNING, what to do? (also crashes and other technical)

@Dennis Verbruggen: Version 098 is more stable and more complete than 097. I strongly advise you to install it !

For this, be aware that there is no longer an SS6.3 folder, but you will have to unzip SSHIP 098 in a folder named SSHIP_098 (Respect the writing so that it is recognized by the mod's configuration file !)
    This folder is not created when decompressing the .zip by default, which is why some players do not understand why their game does not launch.
    Once the SSHIP_098 folder is installed in the mods folder, you just need to find the SSHIP 098 launcher.bat to launch the game.

Default Re: 098 : Mod is NOT RUNNING, what to do? (also crashes and other technical)

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    @Dennis Verbruggen: Version 098 is more stable and more complete than 097. I strongly advise you to install it !

For this, be aware that there is no longer an SS6.3 folder, but you will have to unzip SSHIP 098 in a folder named SSHIP_098 (Respect the writing so that it is recognized by the mod's configuration file !)
    This folder is not created when decompressing the .zip by default, which is why some players do not understand why their game does not launch.
    Once the SSHIP_098 folder is installed in the mods folder, you just need to find the SSHIP 098 launcher.bat to launch the game.
    Hey I get the install and did it like you described but when I use the steam launcher advanced options: --features.mod=mods/SSHIP_98
    It Just ctd. It doesn't do this with the normal steam launcher advanced options: --features.mod=mods/SS6.3 This Works with the old one instal folder..
    I am on mac steam using definitive edition though... are there other people here that got it to run on mac steam? I could send screens of how my folder looks. Is there a way to make a this compatible like the one at https://www.moddb.com/mods/sship/downloads/sship097
    I don't know why that one works and this one doesn't...

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.. this mod makes me so happy and I would love to keep playing it while its developing.

Hello again,
    I've tried a few basic things since yesterday. Can't unzip properly no matter what. Still get the nuerous data errors when unzipping and missing more than half the required files. Please help guys. Thanks
    Enable GingerCannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection
    or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldRephraseRephrase current sentenceEdit in Ginger×

WTF is that "Enable Ginger" thing when I post ? lolEnable GingerCannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection
    or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldRephraseRephrase current sentenceEdit in Ginger×

I've tried at least 4 extracting software. A few renaming tips, shutting down, rebooting, etc. solutions. I still can't extract the whole file. Too badEnable GingerCannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection
    or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldRephraseRephrase current sentenceLog in to edit with Ginger×
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; March 29, 2023 at 12:41 PM. Reason: triple post

I use winrar and it decompresses well.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    I use winrar and it decompresses well.
    Didn't work either. I don't get it. Thanks anyway

Enable GingerCannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection
    or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldRephraseRephrase current sentenceLog in to edit with Ginger×

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I did a new install of SSHIP_098 and started it through the launcher and it worked. Even siege battles.
    Problem is that it opens in a small window.
    How do I fix that?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SSHIP2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by William the Silent View Post
    Problem is that it opens in a small window. How do I fix that?
    See file: mods/SSHIP_098/configuration.cfg
    You need to modify the values ​​so that you've got "true". You also may change 1200 into 1080 if you prefer.
    Warning: sometimes the main game overrides the values given by the mod. If yours does so, you need to find your solution.
    [video]
    ### If you want to enable windowed mode, uncomment the following settings and adapt them to you screen resolution
    borderless_window =false
    windowed =false
    # battle_resolution = 1920 1200 # Resolution on the battle map - (h*w)
    # campaign_resolution = 1920 1200 # Resolution on the campaign map - (h*w)
    # tga_width = 1920
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; June 02, 2023 at 12:34 AM.

That worked. Thanks.

Default Re: Units RECRUITMENT system

Hello everyone I have had a problem with the mod, maybe i didn't install it correctly or missed a step, i really don't know, but basically yesterday I found out about this mod and downloaded and installed the outdated version from mod db and played it until I eventually found this updated version and wanted to play it, so I installed it from the links that are available here and extracted the files into the correct mod folder same way I did with the other version, Ran the launcher which had no image I don't know if it's supposed to be like that or not but I ran it and the game opened correctly but it doesn't want to enter fullscreen, is this a problem with my pc or is it the mod? I really don't know because the other version didn't have this problem so I'm a bit confused as to what to do.[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Angelo/Pictures/launcher.PNG[/IMG]
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Angelo/Pictures/no%20fullscreen.PNG[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by AngeL0MoN View Post
    Hello everyone I have had a problem with the mod, maybe i didn't install it correctly or missed a step, i really don't know, but basically yesterday I found out about this mod and downloaded and installed the outdated version from mod db and played it until I eventually found this updated version and wanted to play it, so I installed it from the links that are available here and extracted the files into the correct mod folder same way I did with the other version, Ran the launcher which had no image I don't know if it's supposed to be like that or not but I ran it and the game opened correctly but it doesn't want to enter fullscreen, is this a problem with my pc or is it the mod? I really don't know because the other version didn't have this problem so I'm a bit confused as to what to do.[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Angelo/Pictures/launcher.PNG[/IMG]
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Angelo/Pictures/no%20fullscreen.PNG[/IMG]
    read first post - about the .cfg file.