Thread: Custom Battle Funds - Total War: Empire

Default Custom Battle Funds - Total War: Empire

I have scoured these forums and have not been able to find a solution to this anywhere online.
    I have installed DarthMod, but it does not do anything to fix the custom battle funds. I'd like to be able to have full armies of elite, trained units to act out large scale epic battles.
    Any assistance would be wonderful, as I have not found the solution for this game (I used someone's mini-mod for funds in TW Napoleon, tried installing it to Empire for poops and giggles, broke the UI lol).
    Thanks in advance for your input, suggestions, and/or assistance.

Default Re: Custom Battle Funds - Total War: Empire

Unfortunately I don't think there is a fix for it for land battles. I recall being able to overcome the limit for naval battles when I produced a podcast for ETW naval battles with TheBlackPrince, which makes me think the same should be possible here...I am sorry I can't offer answers but maybe don't give up on it.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Custom Battle Funds - Total War: Empire

If you can't afford full armies of elite units because of the limited funds, and if you can't increase the funds, maybe you could edit the cost of the elite units in custom battles, to make these units cheaper to recruit?

To do this, you would need Pack File Manager (or a similar modding tool), and you would need to know which DarthMod file contains the units_table (if that's the table which sets the cost of units in custom battles - I'd guess that it is, but I may be wrong).