I use W10 and High end CPU (few years old but it's very stagnant market) and high end GPU.

I was about to uninstall, yesterday the turn times on my turn 25 felt extremly long. It felt like 5 minutes, I went to bed and next day wipped out stopwatch and measured. Turn took 1:43 (I swear it felt longer, maybe because I played many peaceful turns in a row and did almost nothing).

Next day I was playing around with various settings, in NVIDIA driver, *.exe options of medieval 2 when you bring the properties in explorer. I realised when I copied medieval2.exe and renamed to kingomds.exe the w7 compatibility wasn't applied to that as well. But after trying various combinations that doesn't seem to matter. Tried XP compatability, that improved turn times, but somehow caused me fps problems.

In the end I was like... you know what I just return to default anything I have in nvidia driver and disable all compatability edits and realised my turn times were the shortest by FAR. 32seconds. This sounds too good to be true so I ask do you think the scripts doesn't work or something without compatibility?

I made sure I removed compatibility from all .exe, kingomds, med2, and steel mod exe. Turn time 32s, restarted PC to be sure. 32s again. I just quickly pressed next turn few times, I was still getting pop ups like tresury cost -1000g for marriage and tutorial events. So I think they do work.