Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some tech master can give me a clear answer to my problem?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Some tech master can give me a clear answer to my problem?

First buying a new PC is out of question because i simply do not have any money.
    I was thinking after Mount and Blade years ago , to buy Mount and Blade II Banerlord.
    The minimum requirements the game is supposed to need in Oct 10th that will be officialy released are:

• Windows 7 (64-bit only)
    • IntelŽ Core™ i3-8100 3.6 Ghz / AMD Ryzen™ 3 1200
    • 6 GB RAM
    • IntelŽ UHD Graphics 630 / NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 2GB
    • 60 GB διαθέσιμος χώρ
    • Integrated GPUs require additional 2GB of system RAM. These estimates may change during final release.

My 14 years old PC has a CPU with 4 cores but its old.

• W7 Ultimate 64 bit
    • Intel Core2 Quad Q8200 2.33 Ghz
    • 8 GB RAM
    • Nvidia G Force GTX 660 2GB

Some say that game needs SSD but watching a series of videos with PC experts say that SSD is essensial basicaly to Windows rather than the game its self.
    What do you think?
    Does my PC worth the risk to buy the game in Xmass with these features?
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; October 05, 2022 at 09:28 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Some tech master can give me a clear answer to my problem?

I am not optimistic Antonius...
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

I saw indicative prices of computers, because my 15-year-old computer can't operate tools that I need for a promising job, the cheapest one is 1800 EUROS, THOSE WHO WERE SELLING THEM ARE CRAZY...
    Who today has 1800 euros left over for a computer?
    Can't they see outside the door of their shop?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

the cheapest one is 1800 EUROS, THOSE WHO WERE SELLING THEM ARE CRAZY...
    I don't believe for a second that you can't find a workable computer for less than 1800 euros. My current PC which has a i9 and a 3080ti cost less than 1500 and that was top of the line when I bought it.

This is the website my family and I always use when we build new computers. We've used them almost a dozen times by now and every time it's been even cheaper than if we had sourced and assembled all of the parts ourselves.

If you go to their pre-built systems page you'll see that the cheapest prebuilt computers they have are around 899-999 USD.

• Windows 11 Home
    • IntelŽ Core™ Processor i3-12100F
    • GeForce RTX™ 3050 8GB GDDR6
    • 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz RAM
    • B660 AC Motherboard
    • 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

• Windows 11 Home
    • IntelŽ Core™ Processor i7-11700F
    • GeForce RTX™ 2060 6GB GDDR6
    • 16GB 3000MHz RAM
    • B560 AC Motherboard
    • 500GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
    That would be more than sufficient to run pretty much any game that is out right now at 60fps.

Some say that game needs SSD but watching a series of videos with PC experts say that SSD is essensial basicaly to Windows rather than the game its self.
    You definitely don't need an SSD for anything.

They recommend an SSD for MB because MB is notorious for the long launch times - which are significantly reduced with the use of an SSD. The game won't run better performance wise though anything that requires transferring or writing data (loading, saving, launching, etc) will be significantly faster.

because my 15-year-old computer can't operate tools that I need for a promising job,
    What sort of job is it? If you're doing rendering or such you might need something different than if you're doing coding etc.
    Last edited by Akar; October 06, 2022 at 12:46 PM.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

My friend i just checked the prices in the Greek PC market. Out side Greece PCs may be cheaper but here in Greece are too expensive , with your specs the price is arround 2100 Euros!
    My CPU in my researc was Intel i5 3.5 Ghz . I must sell a kidney to buy a PC here in Greece.
    EDIT: Being a noob in PCs can such a site being trusted?
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; October 06, 2022 at 12:52 PM.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

The site I linked, yes, of course. I've used it numerous times.

Was it 2100 with the link I sent?

None of their items include W 10 only W 11. When it allows you to customise and you select W 10 it gives no items.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Yeah, I understand your hesitancy there - I'm not a fan of W11 myself and don't plan to switch. As far as I can tell you've got a couple options though,

Assuming you still have your license for W10 you can always just go to the Microsoft website and download Windows 10 from them. If you don't you can always just buy a key from ebay or acquire one through atypical means (if you need help with that you can reach out to me via PM)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

I'm not sure if you'll need to stick it on a USB or not, but that will allow you to downgrade back down to 10 from 11.

Second option - just keep your current HD and stick it in the new PC as well and use the old HD to as your boot device allowing you to stick with your current OS and settings.

Third option - just use Windows 11. Personally I would be trying anything but this option first .

This week i will visit some stores to see:
    • If my old PC case can accept the new motherboard, CPU and RAM DDR4 and keep my old Graphic card for now.
    • If my case that has two slots for HDs can have my curent one with W7 64 Ultimnate and all the tools and material for M2TW modding the same time a new SSD with W10 will be for STEAM games and safer internet . The problem here is that I want to be able to chose which disk I will open each time. That is a tricky part.
    • Buy a graphics card later keeping the cost in numerus parts that wont bend our house economy because winter is comming and Oil and electricity priced are high !

Buying PC parts piece by piece and finding a technisian to assemply them comes a lot of cheaper! I estimated 400 Euros less.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

If my case that has two slots for HDs can have my curent one with W7 64 Ultimnate and all the tools and material for M2TW modding the same time a new SSD with W10 will be for STEAM games and safer internet . The problem here is that I want to be able to chose which disk I will open each time. That is a tricky part.
    If you have an OS installed on both drives then you can easily switch which one you want to boot from. You just hold F11 or whatever your boot hotkey is when starting up the PC and change the boot drive in the boot menu.

Computer components for some reason have been quite a bit more expensive in Europe than in the US for reasons I do not understand, but unless Greece has some very unusual market position or legislation, I don't see any reason why cheapest computers would be 2.100 €. It would be nice to compare the prices of some of those components that Akar had in his example.

SSD used to be expensive, but in our stores you can get a 500 gb one for less than 50. And please do not buy any of those 240 gb ones as your system drive. It is too little in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    Computer components for some reason have been quite a bit more expensive in Europe than in the US for reasons I do not understand, but unless Greece has some very unusual market position or legislation, I don't see any reason why cheapest computers would be 2.100 €. It would be nice to compare the prices of some of those components that Akar had in his example.

SSD used to be expensive, but in our stores you can get a 500 gb one for less than 50. And please do not buy any of those 240 gb ones as your system drive. It is too little in the long run.
    Here in Greece is better to search in Google pages like Scroutz that show the lowest price in every componet you need for your PC. That way is much cheaper to order via internet all the componets you need for your PC and go to a Technician to use either your old PC case or buy a new cheap one plus new key board because my Microsoft 2000 IS incompatible with W 10 , and pay him to assemply the PC buying from him , the case , keyboard and mouse etc... With just a fast search a 1440 Euros PC capable with 144Hz screen can save atleast the 440 euros. My Power is 750W so it is enough for everything. The problem is the rest 1000 euros. Akar said a good solution about choosing which HD/OS to use each time so i wont miss W7 and M2TW tools and materials for TGC mod that is more than 70 Gbs! The SSD 500 Gbs are also cheap 67 euros max.
    Thank you for your advices . Its a matter than I have no knowlege at all and I was in need of some council.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Have you considered shopping in neighboring countries.

For example this store in Romania has systems that cost less than 1000 euros and are pretty good (only delivers in Romania). I'm sure that if you search in Bulgaria or Macedonia you can find even cheaper. Just drive to Bulgaria, buy the PC and drive back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    I don't believe for a second that you can't find a workable computer for less than 1800 euros. My current PC which has a i9 and a 3080ti cost less than 1500 and that was top of the line when I bought it.

This is the website my family and I always use when we build new computers. We've used them almost a dozen times by now and every time it's been even cheaper than if we had sourced and assembled all of the parts ourselves.

If you go to their pre-built systems page you'll see that the cheapest prebuilt computers they have are around 899-999 USD.
    . Just the 3080ti costs more than that.

That store only delivers to US and UK and delivering items from the US is hella expensive.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; October 10, 2022 at 11:28 AM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    . Just the 3080ti costs more than that.
    I find the $1.500 price tag for a whole system a bit suspect, too. Most GPUs aren't in stock at the moment, but I could get the cheaper MSI-made 3080 (without Ti) for 1.099 €.

The best solution right now is to change motherboard and Prossesor and RAM compatible to them if my PC case can host them.
    Graphics card can intsalled later.

Alastor's Avatar Vicarius

You should be able to buy a desktop PC (tower only) that would play M&B2 well for as little as €700-800. Sure it won't be a beast or anything, but it will be far better than what you currently have. Add an extra €100-200 and you can get a halfway decent box. You sure don't need to pay €1800 for a PC.

Oh and considering the age of your PC I would advise against an upgrade. It won't cost significantly less and there are a number of risks associated with keeping such old hardware in the mix.
    Last edited by Alastor; October 11, 2022 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    You should be able to buy a desktop PC (tower only) that would play M&B2 well for as little as €700-800. Sure it won't be a beast or anything, but it will be far better than what you currently have. Add an extra €100-200 and you can get a halfway decent box. You sure don't need to pay €1800 for a PC.

Oh and considering the age of your PC I would advise against an upgrade. It won't cost significantly less and there are a number of risks associated with keeping such old hardware in the mix.
    Thanks in 2 days i will talk to a technician in order to see how many of my old PC can be used to a new one.
    For example 3 months ago i bought a power supply of 750W ... I guess that can be re-used. Also -for now- I can still keep the GTX-660 card and buy a new tower , motherboard, processor and RAM .

Update . A highly decorated member/modder from Serbia in Mount and Blade series games offered to sent me his stock parts of his PC for free and i will pay only the posting costs.
    DDR3 16gb
    Intel 4670
    Gigabyte Motherboard
    1060 GTX
    windows 10 64 bit Pro
    Despite they are not top they are definatly better than mine.
    I will add my power supply that is almost a year old and its 750W and will add a cheap SSD 500GB and the PC will gain atleast 3-4 years more. What do you think?

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Yeah, that should be sufficient to play some Bannerlord. My 1080 had no issues running it on max so I can't imagine the 1060 would have issues running it on similar settings.

Even if I had the money right now modern motherboards and new generation processors do not support W7 ! Their chipsets (if the i understood the technician correctly )are in compatible and there are no drivers for W7 for those parts.
    I do not want to lose my curent disk keeping the hope that some day TGC will reborn again. The solution of 2 mini cases (each one with its own motherboad/processor/RAM/Card) is not fit because mini PC cases have limited width and leght to have space for new generation cards and motherboards and disks. .Damn this year started aufully and it will end worst.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; October 14, 2022 at 08:15 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast