Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some tech master can give me a clear answer to my problem?

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Some tech master can give me a clear answer to my problem?

So what exactly is the issue?

The data from the old HD can easily be backed up and transferred to the new one. Nothing should be lost.

You don't need two cases two have two HDs. I have three SSDs in my current PC and an SSD and an HDD in my second PC.

I don't know why you couldn't have W10/11 on one HD and W7 on the other.

Even if you can only have one HD in the case you can still make it work - you can just back up the stuff you want to keep and transfer it to the new one.

I'm not seeing what the problem is tbh

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

The problem lies to latest versions of Processors and Motherboards. I had an offer from a Serbian modder of Mount and Blade games to sent me his PC parts that does not need (motherboard/processor/RAM) in order to allow me having two HDs 1 with windows 7 and 1 with windows 10. But i was sceptical to accept a package from a completly unknown person.The new generations of motherboards and processors do not support windows 7 anymore (something with incombatible chipsets). My technician now looks to PC warehouses for refurbished motherbopards and processors similar to those that the guy offered me. Some 5th generation ones can support both windows 7 and 10 drivers and some warehouses sell them with 2 years quarantee.
    That way with a new SSD , my 1 year old Power supply of 750W, we will find a cheap new PC case and an average good Graphics card ,to host both disks and my technician says that when the PC will start on the screen there will be 2 buttons to chose which disk with which windows i want. The solution you say is to create an iconic disk inside the disk with W10 that will use W7 . That would have the problam that i would have to re-install all my programms in that visual disk from the start.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

The only procesor that is both compatible with Winfows 7 and 10 is this IntelŽ Core™ i7-6700 Processor , but its previus generation procesor and hard to find in stock espesialy when you seak for same requirements motherboard.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; October 18, 2022 at 06:30 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Windows 10 is pretty decent and is pretty comparable with 7. I understand the hesitancy to upgrade but I think going from 7>10 is way better than 7>11 or 10>11. Plus then you don't have to worry about getting a sufficiently "old" processor and motherboard. Still, though, I don't understand why you need to have an OS on both drives? You don't even necessarily need to uninstall the OS or reformat the secondary drive, you just don't boot from it anymore.

What specifically are you hoping to gain by having two different OS's?

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    Windows 10 is pretty decent and is pretty comparable with 7. I understand the hesitancy to upgrade but I think going from 7>10 is way better than 7>11 or 10>11. Plus then you don't have to worry about getting a sufficiently "old" processor and motherboard. Still, though, I don't understand why you need to have an OS on both drives? You don't even necessarily need to uninstall the OS or reformat the secondary drive, you just don't boot from it anymore.

What specifically are you hoping to gain by having two different OS's?
    Because my programms are too old and in most cases I have lost the licence key. They are in unofficial DVDs (like Milkshape, Photoshop etc) that windows do not allow their installation to older versions that are compatible with M2TW tools.
    ITWE team chnaged the 3d tool from milkshape to Blender for that reason but its not easy to start all over again to learn a new tool or a new programm to continue my mod. On the other side games like Bannerlord work in high frequences processors that windows 10 take advandage. Plus the Taleworllds maker of the game has a full tool set for modding that game. But they do not work in windows 7!

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Because my programms are too old and in most cases I have lost the licence key.
    If you want to reach out to me on discord I can walk you through how to get access to whatever software you need without worrying about needing your licensing keys.

ITWE team chnaged the 3d tool from milkshape to Blender for that reason but its not easy to start all over again to learn a new tool or a new programm to continue my mod.
    Yeah, I feel you on that.

Though sometimes it's for the best. When I went from GIMP > Photoshop it opened up a whole bunch of new opportunities and techniques to me.

It sounds to me like you could go to W10 and not have to worry about keeping W7 anymore if all of the stuff you need works on W10 but not W7.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12