Thread: Unofficial patch for the models and textures of Sweden, Russia and Britain

Default Unofficial patch for the models and textures of Sweden, Russia and Britain

The author of this unit modification is exclusively Gorgon_Great

Our talented comrade in 2020 left his work on mods with new models, icons and textures of units for most European factions and invited everyone to use his three years of work on mods for further development of all mods or his own.
    He also attached a link to his texture improvement patch for the factions of England, Sweden and Russia in the Imperial Splendor mod.

Here on behalf of the author, I published his links - TOTAL REPLACER to all of his materials and his last message, which explains the reason why he most likely can no longer, unfortunately, continue his good work.
    Some screenshots from the game with new unit models can be seen there, but they certainly do not reflect everything that is available in this mod. You can see for yourself, I assure you.

The patch for a previous version of Imperial Splendour was also made available separately.

I will take the liberty of quoting the author's last post :

"Unofficial patch for the Imperial Splendour mod (note (!) - for the old I.S . - 10th anniversary beta* ).
    If you install it on IS, it will just rewrite the models and textures of Sweden, Russia and Britain.

Link: Unofficial patch for the IS

Gorgon_Great*

The main reason why I decided to make this and the previous publications of this designer (by his absolute intention) is purely pedantic desire to contribute to a wide distribution of quality work to develop (the best of the best modes, according to the author of this "patch" and in my humble opinion) and perhaps for any necessary borrowings or examples. And I hope that some magnificent and very historic units, models, and perhaps even icons will be helpful for some factions in Imperial Splendour.

In any case, let his work take its rightful place among other fine creative legacies and their authors.
    All acknowledgements are reserved for Gorgon_Great, as these materials are entirely to his credit.

With respect
    Last edited by ROMAL; September 16, 2022 at 02:23 PM.

Default Re: Unofficial patch for the models and textures of Sweden, Russia and Britain

Hi, cant get this to work with the IS aniversary beta, crashes on first loading screen

Default Re: Unofficial patch for the models and textures of Sweden, Russia and Britain

I swear by the Northern Lights, I tried just like you, installing it on the desired version,
    but it didn’t work out for me either and there was a crash to the desktop.
    I am not the author of this set, but it is impossible to ask the author.
    Posted this for completeness with all possible IS related additions out of fan interest.
    But in the near future I will try to remove all the extra lines and extra details in order to set up this submod correctly for the latest version.

joshs16, Here is my version of this patch for the latest version.
    By the way, you don’t need to write it into the script. It’s enough to unpack it into a datа.

Please, if possible, check how much better the textures and models for the Swedes, British and Russians
    really have become (I currently have a very weak laptop to understand this).
    Last edited by ROMAL; October 01, 2022 at 11:09 AM. Reason: edited version added