Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445
Results 881 to 895 of 895

Thread: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

  1. #881
    kostic's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Near Lyon in France
    Posts
    2,333

    Default Re: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

    Quote Originally Posted by nurker View Post
    Why does the latest version from April 27 crash every 5-6 turns?
    I haven't noticed any more crashes with this version than with previous ones. Either your version is badly installed, or you have background software that limits SSHIP, or you've modified some files yourself, or your PC has a problem...
    If not, send me a backup before a crash to see if it happens again. If so, I'll look into the cause for a possible fix.

  2. #882

    Default Re: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

    [QUOTE=kostic;16169490]Я не заметил больше сбоев в этой версии, чем в предыдущих. Либо ваша версия плохо установлена, либо у вас фоновое программное обеспечение, ограничивающее SSHIP, либо вы самостоятельно изменили некоторые файлы, либо на вашем компьютере возникла проблема...
    Если нет, пришлите мне резервную копию перед сбоем, чтобы посмотреть, произойдет ли это снова. . Если это так, я буду искать причину и возможное решение. [/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]

    https://pixeldrain.com/u/GpzVkZdd

    The game crashes after the battle and siege of the city and switching to strategic map mode
    Last edited by nurker; May 24, 2024 at 09:15 AM.

  3. #883
    kostic's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Near Lyon in France
    Posts
    2,333

    Default Re: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

    Quote Originally Posted by nuker
    https://pixeldrain.com/u/GpzVkZdd

    The game crashes after the battle and siege of the city and switching to strategic map mode
    Weird... As you can see from these pictures, I was able to do your battle and didn't crash when I came back to the map.

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    My version is the one from March, but it should be identical to the one from April, since the only difference between the two is this EDU file that I corrected myself.


    PS: maybe you won't have the same event images. This is normal: for aesthetic reasons, I've used the event images from southern Europe.

  4. #884

    Default Re: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

    Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Weird... As you can see from these pictures, I was able to do your battle and didn't crash when I came back to the map.

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    My version is the one from March, but it should be identical to the one from April, since the only difference between the two is this EDU file that I corrected myself.


    PS: maybe you won't have the same event images. This is normal: for aesthetic reasons, I've used the event images from southern Europe.
    I noticed one thing: but is it normal that outposts built by the rebels from “stone towers” become “wooden”

  5. #885

    Default Re: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

    I deleted Medival 2 and reinstalled it, this time I completed the battle, went to the map, but as soon as I wanted to save, the game crashed.


    In the video settings, I set everything to the maximum size, does this somehow affect the crashes?

  6. #886
    kostic's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Near Lyon in France
    Posts
    2,333

    Default Re: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

    I see no other solution than to give you the savegame after the battle: New_SSHIP+
    As for the rest, I don't understand where your problem comes from. Did you install the Large Address Aware.exe from the SSHIP_098 folder?

  7. #887

    Default Re: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

    I installed LAA on Medieval 2 version 1.52 and it didn't help.


    Then I installed Medieval 2 version 1.50 with LAA and everything works without crashes on high graphics settings.
    Last edited by nurker; June 03, 2024 at 06:44 AM.

  8. #888
    kostic's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Near Lyon in France
    Posts
    2,333

    Default Re: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

    Quote Originally Posted by nurker View Post
    Then I installed Medieval 2 version 1.50 with LAA and everything works without crashes on high graphics settings.
    Can you tell me if SSHIP is now working properly?

  9. #889

    Default Re: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

    Yes, it works without crashes.


    1. What version of the engine do you have?


    2. In the August version of SSHIP RivaTuner shows the number of frames, but in the April version it does not show, why?


    3. Should the number of cardinals be constantly decreasing?


    For some reason, new cardinals are not elected, everyone grows old and dies, but there are no new ones.

  10. #890

    Default Re: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

    Why in very hard mode, when choosing an attack with a general, I cannot attack with army captains, but the AI ​​can attack with army captains?

    Is this fair?

  11. #891
    kostic's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Near Lyon in France
    Posts
    2,333

    Default Re: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

    Quote Originally Posted by nurker View Post
    Yes, it works without crashes.


    1. What version of the engine do you have?


    2. In the August version of SSHIP RivaTuner shows the number of frames, but in the April version it does not show, why?


    3. Should the number of cardinals be constantly decreasing?


    For some reason, new cardinals are not elected, everyone grows old and dies, but there are no new ones.
    1- My version is the same as yours: Medieval 2 (1.5) with one "kingdoms" executable and another "medieval2".
    2- I've never activated the number of frames in this game. I didn't even know that a RivaTuner application existed.
    3- I did notice that the player seems to be the only one with so few cardinals, and that few of them are promoted in the game. Perhaps this could be improved by @Macaras, @Jurand of Cracow or @Belovese?
    4- This option is indeed unfair. If only generals can launch attacks, the same should apply to AI. If our modders are unable to force the AI to do so, I'd advise against enabling this option.

  12. #892

    Default Re: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

    Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    1- My version is the same as yours: Medieval 2 (1.5) with one "kingdoms" executable and another "medieval2".
    2- I've never activated the number of frames in this game. I didn't even know that a RivaTuner application existed.
    3- I did notice that the player seems to be the only one with so few cardinals, and that few of them are promoted in the game. Perhaps this could be improved by @Macaras, @Jurand of Cracow or @Belovese?
    4- This option is indeed unfair. If only generals can launch attacks, the same should apply to AI. If our modders are unable to force the AI to do so, I'd advise against enabling this option.
    Like you, I played for France on very hard. By the 100th turn, hordes of armies without generals from the HRE were coming towards me, all with expensive knights, at first itís fun to fight them off, but then you get so tired of it, you start losing province after province.


    Very hard with attack settings only with generals could be more interesting, but you are attacked by hordes of captains

  13. #893

    Default Re: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

    I just finished a H/M difficulty campaign with the April 25th build(here's the post-victory save: https://mega.nz/file/SctkASgL#wjtEQi...elrAfKZj_OfTXk), there were several elements of note...

    Bugs/errors: None! The game operated smoothly for all 400+ turns. I won't be of much help if there's no more bugs/CTDs/etc. to hunt!

    Bloodline management: The option to pick the next heir is very helpful. I was getting frequent 'past childbirthing age' messages in the later turns, but I'm not sure if that was on me, or an actual bug/issue.

    Character traits: The gradual progress made by generals while commanding armies personally+governing cities/fortresses is cool, though I was displeased by how quickly positive traits were lost if certain buildings
    were built/present. ...Likely intended, so kudos for that.

    Diplomacy/reputation: Massively improved compared to vanilla M2, and arguably even better than base SS6.4. Merciful treatment of captured enemy settlements/soldiers has more lasting impact in particular.
    The way CPU-controlled factions respond to hyper-aggressive action(they all hate the Mongols, for instance) seemingly encourages an unhurried, calculated expansion of territory.

    Faction dynamics: Seeing defeated groups like Georgia/Portugal/the Seljuks/etc. stubbornly return more than once was cool. Also, having the Mongols steamroll most of the edge of the map, then lose momentum
    once they got near the Mediterranean was a considerable balance improvement compared to how they never stop in vanilla M2/SS6.4.

    The final result about a month after starting:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSHIP ERE 6-28-24.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	627.1 KB 
ID:	370066

    Overall I'd say that careful player choices are vital; that's a good thing. I eagerly anticipate testing future builds.

  14. #894
    kostic's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Near Lyon in France
    Posts
    2,333

    Default Re: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

    Congratulations on this success and thank you for your positive feedback!
    Now you just have to make a success of your VH/VH campaign.

  15. #895
    kostic's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Near Lyon in France
    Posts
    2,333

    Default Re: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

    I share this experience with the players and also @Jurand who worked on civil wars :

    With Jerusalem, I conquered Egypt and in particular the 3 great cities; Cairo, Damietta and Alexandria.
    Despite great efforts to saturate the cities with militiamen and lower taxes with a general as governor, they rebelled several times and the Fatimids - whom I had eliminated - returned.


    Each time, however, I managed to retake the cities within a few turns - by bringing in reinforcement armies - and once again eliminate the Fatimids faction.


    Here I am, in the first half of the 13th century, and my Egyptian cities are finally stable.


    However, although the population is green (happy), I was expelled from 2 cities (Alexandria and Damietta) just as I passed the turn! Cairo went from green to red and expelled me the next turn, as did Qus in the south.
    A brutal and unpredictable return of the Fatimids...


    Is this normal? Is there any way of avoiding these expulsions? If, even with a happy population, the player can be expelled during a turn, the game risks becoming tiresome!

    PS: I warn here that I will be absent from the forum until August. Enjoy the game!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •