Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP ver. 0.98 - August 10th, 2023

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 version 2022/09/08

Do you have any priest with piety above 5? Thatcher the condition to become cardinal.
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

valerius karamanus's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    Do you have any priest with piety above 5? Thatcher the condition to become cardinal.
    Nope. When I lift fog of war I don't see a single priest in any part of the map. It is like AI forgot to recruit them. Plenty of heretics around. Strange really. I will continue this save just to see what happens when there isn't a single cardinal to be elected pope.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/kn36z...rance.zip/file
    Here my chain of saves so you guys can take a look. I have to say, this release is wonderfully stable compared to the beta version in which I couldn't get past 20 turns as France.

Thanks for the feedback!

Can't check your files right now, but it sounds like heretics convert new priests before then can be worthy of a cardinal position!

Maybe we should make inquisitors recruitable by the player, if that's possible !

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by valerius karamanus View Post
    Nope. When I lift fog of war I don't see a single priest in any part of the map. It is like AI forgot to recruit them. Plenty of heretics around. Strange really. I will continue this save just to see what happens when there isn't a single cardinal to be elected pope.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/kn36z...rance.zip/file
    Here my chain of saves so you guys can take a look. I have to say, this release is wonderfully stable compared to the beta version in which I couldn't get past 20 turns as France.
    thanks for the saves, very interesting. Upload another one when you get over 200 :-)
    How did you get those Kurdish Javelinmen who station in Roazhon?

Thanks for the feedback!

Can't check your files right now, but it sounds like heretics convert new priests before then can be worthy of a cardinal position!

Maybe we should make inquisitors recruitable by the player, if that's possible !
    Yes! That idea would be great! Inquisitors for Papal States but also for other catholic factions, maybe if you have 70% or more of favour with the Pope??
    @Belovese talking about religion, when you can i made various proposal for the game some time ago...
    1. Make Shia and Sunni religion for Muslims, this would make a real challenge with the fatimid and later egyptian ayubids/mamluks
    2. Add Jewish religion through, for example, the Jewish neighborhoods (it would be similar to the Italian trader quarters regional building), this can be seen in other mods such as Bellum crucis for example, they would add wealth and trade and perhaps also merchants but in exchange for conversion to Judaism.

3. Create the figure of Great Imam for Muslims, similar to the Catholic Cardinal or Orthodox Patriarch, changing in the strat model map for example a white beard and a unique new outfit, with maximum faith stats requirements for it, and also finally create the Grand Imam/Caliph of Baghdad, supreme authority for Muslims similar to the Catholic Pope, Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople, perhaps through an ancillary whose requirement is maximum faith and spending a turn in Baghdad (possessing the settlement of Baghdad logically) and being a Muslim . The benefits of him would be a lot of conversion and movement capacity as well as calling Jihad more times, also adding a new strat map model for this figure.

I think that several of these religious proposals would be historical and very immersive for the player, especially focusing on the Muslim part that does not have as many improvements as the Catholic one.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

valerius karamanus's Avatar Civis

j.a.luna has enough ideas for a major rework of whole religion system.

In the meantime, if this priest issue is not just mine but everyone's, I think a little early game heretic debuff would be swift solution. In the same vein current historical events work, heretics can be made much stronger later in campaign, reflecting rise of proto-Protestant thoughts such as Waldensians (early 13th century), Lollards (early 14th) and Hussites (late 14th). Waves of inquisitor spawns then would be deemed necessary evil as religious stability in late game Europe turned upside down.

@Jurand
    This brave regiment of Kurdish Javelinmen came to France after a crusade, earning a rest in the quiet corner of Britanny after their exceptional service in the Holy Lands. Or so I imagine

Yes, all those ideas for religions are really great, and I hope to implement the one day. For now I'm busy with polishing the beta and other parts of the game...

Yes, all those ideas for religions are really great, and I hope to implement the one day. For now I'm busy with polishing the beta and other parts of the game...
    ok I hope that if you approve my proposals you write it down to do it in the future!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

got another campaign going. Szekes is once again un-upgradable as a city.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/2muev...4rx/1.sav/file

Thanks for the report, I'll look at it. Won't have much in the coming weeks, but I've noted it on my to do list. Now 50 entries long...

Is there a way to change your general's faith?
    I got a great faction leader in almost every way, the only problem is - he is catholic (I'm playing byzantium). So now every general is 0-3 loyalty. Otherwise he is great in everything - great general, a lot of authority, good wife and stuff. Really dont want to send him on a suicidal mission

Quote Originally Posted by yoba99 View Post
    I got a great faction leader in almost every way, the only problem is - he is catholic (I'm playing byzantium). So now every general is 0-3 loyalty. Otherwise he is great in everything - great general, a lot of authority, good wife and stuff. Really dont want to send him on a suicidal mission
    first time I'm hearing of this! How did you get a catholic as leader?
    and no you can't change the character's religion.

first time I'm hearing of this! How did you get a catholic as leader?
    and no you can't change the character's religion.
    Honestly, I have no idea!
    I had a princess and a good Fatimid general close. Married him, lost my basileus and then another one (first died of old age, second one - plague).
    For some reason, Fatimid general was in line for succession, and its not that bad honestly - he is all around good leader, 5 stars, 7 authority, 4 dread.
    Why he is catholic and not Muslim is beyond me.

Might he was already a crusader seduced by another princess already!

Might he was already a crusader seduced by another princess already!
    I thought you can't seduce a general if he is already married. + description says "wife is catholic"

OK, maybe that's the root of the problem then, I'll look into it!

I love roman late (well, 150 turns, not very late ) units - tagmata, italian mercenaries, gasmulii, flamethrowers. However, I have the worst succession crisis every time I get to turn ~100. Now I have a basileus-usurper, but he was co-emperor for the whole time previous guy was in charge - why is he usurper??? He had 10+ loyalty, no negative traits beyond heir presumptive. What is even worse, both of his sons are bastards (I needed an alliance with Pisa against Venice, but their princess was really gross ), so all the hard work I put into crowning previous guy is now done for. Killing off bastards is a poor choice I assume, so probably have to suffer through, drop a couple provinces in outermer and serbia, and groom my bastard and next heir (here's to hope the bastard not gonna make more bastards).

No, how would you force it on him? Your situation seems a great opportunity for role playing!
    In any case, a bad FL is better than succession crisis.
    I thought you can't seduce a general if he is already married. + description says "wife is catholic"
    iirc, a marriage can indeed lead to a conversion of a general. But it's not a problem, it's a feature.
    I love roman late (well, 150 turns, not very late ) units - tagmata, italian mercenaries, gasmulii, flamethrowers. However, I have the worst succession crisis every time I get to turn ~100. Now I have a basileus-usurper, but he was co-emperor for the whole time previous guy was in charge - why is he usurper??? He had 10+ loyalty, no negative traits beyond heir presumptive. What is even worse, both of his sons are bastards (I needed an alliance with Pisa against Venice, but their princess was really gross ), so all the hard work I put into crowning previous guy is now done for. Killing off bastards is a poor choice I assume, so probably have to suffer through, drop a couple provinces in outermer and serbia, and groom my bastard and next heir (here's to hope the bastard not gonna make more bastards).
    sounds really good. The Byzantines should have good units, good economy and the worst succession problems possible. This should be what hold them back.
    upload your save, pls!

Well, I abandoned campaign with catholic basileus - grew tired of endless half-stacks of venitians deployed near Dyrrachium + war with crusaders and Georgia at the same time is too tough since I just reconquered most of Anatolia. Decided to try different starting strategy - start with taking Ankara, then letting Rum take Kaiseri, then take Iconium, destroy whatever armies they have left and push for ceasefire. That way I got a weak buffer state between me and crusaders, witch lets me take most of troops from central Anatolia, reposition them in northern Bulgaria, start to build up Tarnovo and prepare legion to invade southern Italy.
    About succession problems and civil wars - I just had one, lost Thessaloniki, easily got it back (have to keep a small force in Adrianople - cumans and kipchaks are a royal pain in my not yet royal butt) and thats it??? Too bad I got a bastard co-emperor - probably gonna get another civil war, we will see.
    Here are both of campaigns. Note - in "fast crown" campaign Vencice somehow got a gunpowder unit before gunpowder discovery.
    Couple of notes:
    1) South of Italy is incredibly rich and 100% worth to invade early, although it's better to get spare generals and units to get every province in short time - that way Sicily gets into a crushing debt and cant buy ships to ferry their army from island of Sicily to mainland Italy.
    2) Venice is butthurt and bent on fighting Romans, even when you do not share any border at all. Had to use cringe cheesy tactic of taking Ancona with everything I had, then taking Venezsia, destroying every building, retreating back to Ancona and keeping there full stack for a long long time. That gave me some breathing room + Piza finally decided to help, and even managed temporary take Bologna. Not for long tho, Venice started getting back on track and even took Ancona from me, so I had to intervene again. Owning Bologna is really nice since it makes mad money, but I'm trying really hard to stick to core provinces, and the game just not letting me
    3) Using Rum as a buffer state is a great idea, but unfortunately AI decided its a great idea to call every jihad on a kipchak or rebel settlement... 100 turns later and we have buffed up crusaders with stacks of great cav. Oh well, flamethrowers + gamuli (sharpened stakes are OP as always), they loose their armies, I counter attack, get 1-2 provinces, ceasefire for 20 turns, rinse and repeat.
    4) I hate AI pathfinding on strategic map. Right now I got a Denmark stack stuck in Cilicia, Almoravid stack right in front of Constantinople, and a HRE general making laps around Anatolia. I really dont want to start war and get my reputation even lower, but I need to move generals between Balkans and Anatolia, and going around is a pain.
    5) Cuman/Kipchak faction is a little bit insane - where do they get stack after stack after stack after stack to invade my borders? I had to give up Chersoneses again cause they got in with a stack with 6 generals ;(((
    6) Rus just waiting on the Moldova border for you to take it from cumans so they could replace them and invade you, but they never attack cumans???? why???
    7) Hight tier military building are not giving new units or bigger/faster unit pool. Maybe give exp +1 instead?
    I will probably go back to campaign with catholic fatimid baselius, but for now I want to finish this campaign, since I got such a good start.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Gaku View Post
    got another campaign going. Szekes is once again un-upgradable as a city.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/2muev...4rx/1.sav/file
    Destroy Grazing Lands, then build Quarries, then Farms and Estates, and then you'll be able to upgrade Alba Regia.
    Your're very close to get the HU crown.