Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW! SSHIP ver. 0.98 - March 27th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 version 2022/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Destroy Grazing Lands, then build Quarries, then Farms and Estates, and then you'll be able to upgrade Alba Regia.
    Your're very close to get the HU crown.
    Ah, thanks for the info. Yeah at this point (now turn 234), I only need 1 additional province, but given diplomacy and dynamics in the area, I'm leaving it alone for now. The Mongols are coming...

okay maybe civil war is a bad thing, I lost 5 provinces
    next emperor is heir presumptive, I will lose even more, great times

I tried posting to the bug thread yesterday, but after submitting a reply I received information about the need for a moderator to check the message before it gets published. In case the message is gone with the wind, here's in fewer words a few bugs/notes about Serbia after 60 turns:

1. Respects his father: the trait wasn't removed from the second son (Desa was it) of the late Uros (the faction leader in the beginning) upon the death of the latter. Now even 16 years after the passing of his father, Desa still actively respects his father, which gives a +1 loyalty towards his older brother (the current FL).

2. Wise Administrator: the trait my current FL gained a few turns ago doesn't seem to function properly. When I end a turn, the -10 % discount on construction costs for all settlements isn't there on the next turn, but instead the Of Serbian Blood +5 % to construction costs trait seems to override it. However, if I save and then load that save, the wise administrator trait works. But even then the discount isn't 5 % as it should be (10-5), but a full 10 %.

3. Getting rewards from failed missions: the council has repeatedly kept giving me the mission to build up trade rights with the Cumans, which I've repeatedly refused to do. Every time when the mission fails after five turns, I still receive two Vlach archer units with two gold chevrons in my capital + possibly some florins. The units I can easily disband, but the possible money reward is a bit harder to get rid of.

4. The Serbian faction and their FL are referred to as the Byzantine Empire & Emperor in the pop-up messages regarding e.g. the births of new family members etc. I'm not that familiar with the mod whether this is how it is because of Serbia being a custom-made faction, or whether it's still work in progress.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaku View Post
    Ah, thanks for the info. Yeah at this point (now turn 234), I only need 1 additional province, but given diplomacy and dynamics in the area, I'm leaving it alone for now. The Mongols are coming...
    upload turn 234 for me, pls. The most recent from this game I've got is 188.

Quote Originally Posted by yoba99 View Post
    okay maybe civil war is a bad thing, I lost 5 provinces
    next emperor is heir presumptive, I will lose even more, great times
    good news! it is as it should be - painful!

good news! it is as it should be - painful!
    well it was a couple turns of negative income, lost Al-Raqqah and Antioch to crusaders, but pulled through and got everything else back.
    What I dont get is how my basileus stopped being usurper and became fit for a crown (and then ofc crowned). Ending civil war did it or what?
    edit: pronoiarii (late) are so cheap wtf
    edit2: you can buy mercenary elephants? omg
    Last edited by yoba99; October 05, 2022 at 07:41 AM.

upload turn 234 for me, pls. The most recent from this game I've got is 188.
    I believe it's this one. I don't know if much has changed.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/2muev...4rx/1.sav/file

well it was a couple turns of negative income, lost Al-Raqqah and Antioch to crusaders, but pulled through and got everything else back.
    What I dont get is how my basileus stopped being usurper and became fit for a crown (and then ofc crowned). Ending civil war did it or what?
    edit: pronoiarii (late) are so cheap wtf
    edit2: you can buy mercenary elephants? omg
    yes, the usurper is legitimised after civil war, iirc.
    I haven't touched the prices of late pronoiari, thanks for drawing attention.
    elephants must have been in the base SS, I've personally never used them. There're also some other strange units, like those Monster Bombards... to be historicized in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    In general I am happy when I am loosing a city, it makes the whole campaign more interesting. What's the point if everything goes your way? I think its a fair deal: some factions are in worse situation at start, the AI seems too aggressive, there is not enough money - play on hard. For the easier factions and those who want more challenge - play on VH.
    yes, yes, yes! The most memorable campaings are those lost by slim margin. In my 10 games of Thrones of Brittania I lost 5.

Quote Originally Posted by vovery View Post
    I tried posting to the bug thread yesterday, but after submitting a reply I received information about the need for a moderator to check the message before it gets published. In case the message is gone with the wind, here's in fewer words a few bugs/notes about Serbia after 60 turns:

1. Respects his father: the trait wasn't removed from the second son (Desa was it) of the late Uros (the faction leader in the beginning) upon the death of the latter. Now even 16 years after the passing of his father, Desa still actively respects his father, which gives a +1 loyalty towards his older brother (the current FL).

2. Wise Administrator: the trait my current FL gained a few turns ago doesn't seem to function properly. When I end a turn, the -10 % discount on construction costs for all settlements isn't there on the next turn, but instead the Of Serbian Blood +5 % to construction costs trait seems to override it. However, if I save and then load that save, the wise administrator trait works. But even then the discount isn't 5 % as it should be (10-5), but a full 10 %.

3. Getting rewards from failed missions: the council has repeatedly kept giving me the mission to build up trade rights with the Cumans, which I've repeatedly refused to do. Every time when the mission fails after five turns, I still receive two Vlach archer units with two gold chevrons in my capital + possibly some florins. The units I can easily disband, but the possible money reward is a bit harder to get rid of.

4. The Serbian faction and their FL are referred to as the Byzantine Empire & Emperor in the pop-up messages regarding e.g. the births of new family members etc. I'm not that familiar with the mod whether this is how it is because of Serbia being a custom-made faction, or whether it's still work in progress.
    thanks a lot for this, it's very useful for us, very! I'll have a look at the issues to get them fixed for the next version. Upload the save with Serbia, pls!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaku View Post
    I believe it's this one. I don't know if much has changed.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/2muev...4rx/1.sav/file
    Thanks, some info from your game is now uploaded in the second entry to this thread.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; October 06, 2022 at 03:38 PM.

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 ver. September 8th, 2022

Hi! First of all thank you all for this wonderful mod! I have been playing HIP for years now through multiple versions and it keeps getting better and better!
    Question time:
    Are Generals supposed to be recruitable through the Landowners/Nobles building or not? I was digging around the files and in the Buildings file it says that if the level 4 landowners building is built and 50% of the region is Orthodox (specifically concerning the Roman Empire since thats what I play mostly) that a General's bodyguard will be available for recruitment. In addition it says that a Stratiotae unit should be available pretty much from the get go, however I have never seen this unit pop up as available. For testing, I've built up max level possible Landowners buildings in both Constantinople and Adrianople, and in both of them I can only recruit the Pronioari(possible misspelling) unit. Am I doing something wrong? Are these units no longer used? I have also played some ~170 turns of a Roman campaign and nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Corax133 View Post
    Hi! First of all thank you all for this wonderful mod! I have been playing HIP for years now through multiple versions and it keeps getting better and better!
    Question time:
    Are Generals supposed to be recruitable through the Landowners/Nobles building or not? I was digging around the files and in the Buildings file it says that if the level 4 landowners building is built and 50% of the region is Orthodox (specifically concerning the Roman Empire since thats what I play mostly) that a General's bodyguard will be available for recruitment. In addition it says that a Stratiotae unit should be available pretty much from the get go, however I have never seen this unit pop up as available. For testing, I've built up max level possible Landowners buildings in both Constantinople and Adrianople, and in both of them I can only recruit the Pronioari(possible misspelling) unit. Am I doing something wrong? Are these units no longer used? I have also played some ~170 turns of a Roman campaign and nothing has changed.
    We've disabled the recruitment of the General unit because it was somehow bugged (unlimited recruitment).
    Upload your save, pls :-)

We've disabled the recruitment of the General unit because it was somehow bugged (unlimited recruitment).
    Upload your save, pls :-)
    Unfortunately, the Roman Empire save I had was on the April version, but after downloading and testing with the September version, the issue remains the same.
    What is curious though is that the Pronoiarii are available to recruit from the start, despite the export_descr_buildings and export_descr_units saying that they should be available from Era 2. Meanwhile, the Stratiotae are nowhere to be found.

Thanks for the clarification about the General's Bodyguard though.

Unfortunately, the Roman Empire save I had was on the April version, but after downloading and testing with the September version, the issue remains the same.
    What is curious though is that the Pronoiarii are available to recruit from the start, despite the export_descr_buildings and export_descr_units saying that they should be available from Era 2. Meanwhile, the Stratiotae are nowhere to be found.

nicossaiz has made a revamp of the Byzantine roster and he perhaps re-named Stratiotae to Pronoiarii. Perhaps rightly so, since "Stratiotae" name was a concept from 7-9th century.

you can see the issue here:

Yeah, but generals can be recruited with Tourney fields built, but that only applies to catholic factions I guess.
    There are two different pronoia units available for romans - early mailed knights-like (Pronoiarioi) type and late feudal knights-like (Pronoiarii).
    Also, I think italian principalities should be able to recruit updated type of milita/mercenaries with same (maybe less armored) stats as roman "Italian mercenaries" unit.
    I got another question. Does "100 years ownership" bonus stays even after you loose province later in civil war? I owned south Italy for 200 turns and got a pop-up.

Yeah, but generals can be recruited with Tourney fields built, but that only applies to catholic factions I guess.
    There are two different pronoia units available for romans - early mailed knights-like (Pronoiarioi) type and late feudal knights-like (Pronoiarii).
    Also, I think italian principalities should be able to recruit updated type of milita/mercenaries with same (maybe less armored) stats as roman "Italian mercenaries" unit.
    I got another question. Does "100 years ownership" bonus stays even after you loose province later in civil war? I owned south Italy for 200 turns and got a pop-up.
    No, after you lose a province it goes back to 0 (unless it's a "core" or "related" province of your faction), eg:.
    log --- Chersonesos AFTER CAPTURE INITIAL INTEGRATION, BUILDINGS DAMAGED & OTHER COUNTERS ---------

set_event_counter Chersonesos_turns_in_our_realm 0

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_mongols > 0
    set_event_counter Chersonesos_turns_in_our_realm 20 ; steppe region
    end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_cumans > 0
    set_event_counter Chersonesos_turns_in_our_realm 20 ; steppe region
    end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_byzantium == 1
    set_event_counter Chersonesos_turns_in_our_realm 20 ; historically
    end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_pisa == 1
    end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_venice == 1
    end_if

if I_EventCounter is_the_player == 1
    inc_event_counter number_settlements_conquered_by_player 1
    end_if
    log --- (.E.) Chersonesos Integration Process ------------------------------------------------------

if I_EventCounter Chersonesos_turns_in_our_realm < 560

if I_EventCounter FL_weak_on_the_throne == 0 ; natural integration process but not with a Usurper (thus not during a civil war either)
    inc_event_counter Chersonesos_turns_in_our_realm 1
    end_if

if I_EventCounter FL_is_crowned_ruler == 1 ; if the owner's faction FL has the crown
    inc_event_counter Chersonesos_turns_in_our_realm 1 ; integration is faster
    end_if

if I_EventCounter FL_policy_thinks_of_his_people == 1 ; if FL pursues a conducive policy
    inc_event_counter Chersonesos_turns_in_our_realm 1 ; integration is faster
    end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_cumans > 0
    and I_EventCounter FL_weak_on_the_throne == 0
    and I_EventCounter Chersonesos_turns_in_our_realm < 200
    set_event_counter Chersonesos_turns_in_our_realm 200
    end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_byzantium == 1
    end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_pisa == 1
    end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_venice == 1
    end_if

end_if

valerius karamanus's Avatar Civis

Little update on cardinal issue. Eventualy cardinal appointments were made but AI still could not keep up with my priests, leading to sights like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	368219Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	368220

Some other minor things I noticed:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	1,001.6 KB 
ID:	368221Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	215.9 KB 
ID:	368222Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	278.8 KB 
ID:	368223
    Polish first tournament event is crazy, it triggers every few turns for decades now.
    Last edited by valerius karamanus; October 08, 2022 at 03:06 PM.

thanks, @valerius!
    for the next version: Jews event fixed,

Polish tourney: I can't think what's wrong...
    if I_EventCounter poland3_first_tourney = 0
    log -------------------- Poland evolution: (3) FIRST TOURNEY ----------------------------------------
    ; First Tourney 1243, it impacts on the possibility to build Tourney Fields and on recruitment of some knights

set_event_counter continue 0

if I_TurnNumber > 180
    and I_CompareCounter number_tourney_fields_built > 2 ; Poland has built 3 Tourney Fields (Minor City level)
    and I_EventCounter FL_is_crowned_ruler == 1 ; FL has the crown
    and I_SettlementOwner Wroclaw = poland ; first tourney was held in Silesia
    set_event_counter continue 1
    end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 240 ; FALL BACK - in case of failure or a bug
    set_event_counter continue 1
    end_if

if I_EventCounter continue = 1
    set_event_counter continue 0
    historic_event POLAND3_FIRST_TOURNEY factions { poland, hre, france, england, norway, denmark, hungary, lithuania, kievan_rus, russia, cumans, }
    if not I_IsFactionAIControlled poland
    set_event_counter poland3_first_tourney_player 1
    end_if
    end_if
    end_if
    cardinals - I didn't mess with the system but by a side effect of limiting the number of priests. We'll think about it in the team.

unit card - that's for @Kostic.

How recruitment of st. Jones knights work? Turn 19 - I have a recruitment pool of them, turn 20 - not anymore. Is it tied to relationships with the pope? Or is it my war with venice (im piza, they attacked me) ?

How recruitment of st. Jones knights work? Turn 19 - I have a recruitment pool of them, turn 20 - not anymore. Is it tied to relationships with the pope? Or is it my war with venice (im piza, they attacked me) ?
    yes, you need to have good relations with the pope (but I've personally never delved into the details, sorry)

;====================================================================================================== ;------- Knight Orders (Recruitment Requirements, Hospitaller, Teutonic, Santiago)
    ;======================================================================================================

;====================================================================================================== Orders Recruitment Requirements
    ;------- Orders Recruitment Requirements

set_event_counter order_recruitment_enabled 0

; to be merged in global prefactionturnstart --- Belovese
    monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart TrueCondition
    set_event_counter order_recruitment_enabled 0
    end_monitor

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart TrueCondition
    and GlobalStanding > -0.3
    and not FactionExcommunicated

set_event_counter order_recruitment_enabled 1
    end_monitor

thanks a lot for this, it's very useful for us, very! I'll have a look at the issues to get them fixed for the next version. Upload the save with Serbia, pls!
    Here's Serbia at turn 61, and Norway at turn 70 something.

On the Norway save:

1. You can already see the vanishment of cardinals happening (I haven't had a general in Bergvin after my previous priest died, hence no priest for me either)
    2. Denmark attacked both Skara and Anslo simultaneously some time ago, which forced me to prioritize a bit, as one of my generals was just returning from a crusade to then excommunicated-Pisan-controlled Tunis with a notable chunk of my total army. Was very nice to see the AI managing a double attack, and they even aimed to attack Visby to make it a triple attack, but I guess they noticed that the small army they landed in Gotland was indeed too small, as they didn't even besiege Visby. Of course double-triple besieging makes the attacking armies smaller, which balances the scale whether it's a good move for the AI or not.
    3. Norway might've lost Skara, but the king of Denmark lost his life while besieging Anslo. After the ultimatum given by the pope to cease hostilities had ended, Norway took Roskilde as compensation. However, as you can see in Kalmar, the previous holder of the provincial title belonging to Roskilde still holds his old title, even though Sigurd the (Fair) Bastard is the current jarl of Sjaelland. Is it possible to strip generals of their provincial titles, if the province is lost in a war? And if it is, hopefully the general won't gain the negative trait that incurs if the faction leader decides someone else is more worthy of a title, and strips a provincial title from a general on behalf of another general.

The cardinal problem, and the heavy infantry/cavalry filled AI armies, are indeed quite heavily breaking the immersion. I'll save my long playthrough for a version in which they are fixed. I enjoy the slow pace of the mod on VH/VH difficulty a lot! P.s. I don't think I have a save for it, but I noticed the heavy infantry problem when playing Novgorod too; Lithuania was spamming the heavy axe infantry unit they have. One of their armies was made up by something like 50-66% of that unit.

Thanks, @vovery, for the saves, interesting! Especially Norway - you've grown the towns quickly, and your general add whopping 4% growth. It should be taken into account while balancing the numbers.
    ad. 3 - I don't know if you can destroy an ancillary by script (what is the only way I can imagine to do what you want). In 17th century Poland, the titles for the lost lands were actually kept, so one may consider retaining them historical.

We're hearing this AI heavy troops problem for you, and @Macaras is working on it. For cardinals - well, I don't think anybody is truly thinking on the solution... I think it's an outcome of the limitation of the recruitment of the priests by AI (or maybe not?).