Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW! SSHIP ver. 0.98 - March 27th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Libertus

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 ver. September 8th, 2022

I'm waiting for the January version to continue my testing, this is probably my favorite mod for med 2 along with DAC.
    The only negative remarks that I could have are toward the unit skin and lack of custom settlement, but we can't have it all

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by JB59114 View Post
    I'm waiting for the January version to continue my testing, this is probably my favorite mod for med 2 along with DAC.
    The only negative remarks that I could have are toward the unit skin and lack of custom settlement, but we can't have it all
    I know DAC (or maybe TATW?) has made custom settlements, I've seen them, really nice!
    Do you happen to know if any historical mod for Medieval times has also prepared such settlements?
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 01, 2023 at 12:46 AM.

Libertus

I know that Tsardom: total war has a unique custom settlement for the bulgarian capital of Tarnovo
    I think that other mods such as EBII use cutlure specific custom settlements

after taking eygpt from the fatimids i got a pop up that said that they will get 3 armies and enough money to suppot them for 10 years.
    i checked the map but i couldn't find any armies, was that pop up just flavour text?

Quote Originally Posted by SkarinV View Post
    after taking eygpt from the fatimids i got a pop up that said that they will get 3 armies and enough money to suppot them for 10 years.
    i checked the map but i couldn't find any armies, was that pop up just flavour text?
    you got this one:
    {EGYPT_MAKURIAN_HELP_IN_NEED_BODY}\nA great basileus of Makuria gathered his troops and travelled accross Nile to help the weak state of the Fatimids - or rather of what is left. He is determined to fight back the Delta Nile for the legitimate owners!\n\nDuring the Fatimid period in Egypt the relations between Christian Makouria and the Shi'ite Fatimids used to be very good. This was because the Fatimids had few allies in the predominantly Sunni Islamic world, and thus Nubia was an important ally. The slaves sent from Nubia made up a part of the Fatimid army. They were valuable also because being foreigners they would not take part in the courtly intrigues in Al-Qahira.\n\nGAME STRATEGY: The Fatimids are reinforced with up three armies in the south, and a financial aid flowing for 10 years to suppor these armies.

{EGYPT_MAKURIAN_HELP_IN_NEED_TITLE}Makuria Comes to the Rescue of the Fatimids!
    the code is as follows:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
        ;======================================================================================================
        ;------- Makurian Help for the Fatimids ---------------------------------------------------------------
        ;======================================================================================================
        ; by JoC 2022

;====================================================================================================== Makurian Help for the Fatimids
        ; script is a modification of Turcoman Help for Rum script
        ; historically, Makuria paid baqt and provide troops to the Fatimids - the relations were ok
        ; this helped prompted the Saladin's expedition to Nubia in late 12c., so we see how important it was
        ; thus the goal of this script is to provide some help to the Fatimids if they have problems at home (eg. with the Crusaders)
        ; the aremies are sizable but there's 2% chance no military help will be provided, only additional money

; this is a recurrent help - there's a 20 turns cool-down period per army spawned.
        ; It ends after the transition of Egypt from the Fatimids to Ayyubids.

; in the future: one need to analyse when and how the Ayyubids rise

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType egypt
            and I_EventCounter faction_size_egypt_small == 1                        ; no more than 3 settlements
            and I_EventCounter Makurian_Help_for_Fatimids < 1                        ; no recent help from Makuria
            and I_NumberOfSettlements egypt > 0                                        ; in case of a bug (perhaps not needed)
            and not I_CharacterExists SudanPrince                                    ; the leader of the previous support doesn't live anymore
            and RandomPercent < 20

log -------------------- Script : Makurian help for the Fatimids (1) INFORMATION ---------------------

historic_event EGYPT_MAKURIAN_HELP_IN_NEED

log -------------------- Script : Makurian help for the Fatimids (2) TERMINATION AFTER AYYBIDS RISE --

if I_EventCounter ayyubids_rise > 0
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

log -------------------- Script : Makurian help for the Fatimids (3) FUNDING FOR THE ARMIES -----------

if I_EventCounter temp_purse_egypt = 0            ; in case it was increased somewhere else in the script
                add_money egypt 5000                        ; in case the faction is in debts and would disband the armies outright
                increment_kings_purse egypt 5000            ; to ensure the AI doesn't disband the armies for some time
                inc_event_counter temp_purse_egypt 21        ; this counter goes down in another script and after 20 turns this additional income is removed
            end_if

log -------------------- Script : Makurian help for the Fatimids (4) SPAWN OF ARMIES ------------------

if RandomPercent < 90
                log ------ spawn Ya_qub Afra
                spawn_army
                    faction egypt
                    character    Ya_qub Afra, named character, age 35, x 316, y 12, portrait ME_sudan_prince, label SudanPrince, direction N
                    traits LoyaltyStarter 2 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 3 , GoodCommander 3 , ReligionStarter 1 , Handsome 7 , Intelligent 8
                        unit        ME Bodyguard                exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                        unit        Bedouin Camel Riders        exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                        unit        Bedouin Camel Riders        exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                        unit        African Spearmen            exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                        unit        African Spearmen            exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                        unit        African Tribal Warriors        exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                        unit        African Tribal Warriors        exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                        unit        African Tribal Warriors        exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                        unit        African Tribal Warriors        exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                        unit        African Archers                exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                        unit        African Archers                exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                end
                inc_event_counter Makurian_Help_for_Fatimids 20        ; it goes down in another script
            end_if

if RandomPercent < 65
                log ------ spawn Malik Abla
                spawn_army
                    faction egypt
                    character    Malik Abla, named character, age 32, x 312, y 18
                    traits LoyaltyStarter 3 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 2 , GoodCommander 3 , ReligionStarter 1 , StrategyDread 2 , Handsome 6 , Intelligent 7 , GoodCavalryGeneral 2 , Miserly 2
                        unit        ME Bodyguard                exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                end
                inc_event_counter Makurian_Help_for_Fatimids 20
            end_if

if RandomPercent < 40
                log ------ spawn Talq Afra
                spawn_army
                    faction egypt
                    character    Talq Afra, named character, age 28, x 308, y 4
                    traits LoyaltyStarter 3 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 1 , StrategyChivalry 2 , ReligionStarter 1 , Handsome 5 , Intelligent 6 , GoodCavalryGeneral 2 , Generous 2
                end
            end_if

so something should have been spawned in the south. There's a scant chance that it wouldn't.

I know that Tsardom: total war has a unique custom settlement for the bulgarian capital of Tarnovo
    I think that other mods such as EBII use cutlure specific custom settlements
    If somebody would be able to make a submod introducing that custom settlement in the SSHIP (I hope the creators of the Tsardoms would agree to use it in this mod), then it would be marvellous to have it. The EBII doesn't fit into the timeframe.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 04, 2023 at 12:26 PM.

i got another odd thing to report, at the start of a new turn, growth in settlements would go down from 1%/0.5% to -1%.
    but if i quick save then reload it goes back to norma, what could be causing this? playing on hard btw.

i got another odd thing to report, at the start of a new turn, growth in settlements would go down from 1%/0.5% to -1%.
    but if i quick save then reload it goes back to norma, what could be causing this? playing on hard btw.
    When did it happen? I had in mind lowering growth at the beginning of the 14th. century to provide for the climate change (most visible from 1315 onwards, witness the Xanten processions), maybe there's already this effect?

i just started a moors campaign, thats where i noticed it. turn 14 now.
    Last edited by SkarinV; January 05, 2023 at 10:02 AM.

i just started a moors campaign, thats where i noticed it. turn 14 now.
    1. strange, 2. wait with the Almoravids - they'll get significantly upgraded in January

it has something to do with the communal buildings, thats where the growth is missing.
    2- cool, can't wait to test the new changes.

Just found my old account and logged in to thank the devs on such an excellent mod. In my opinion this is the best total war experience out of all total war games and mods.

Quote Originally Posted by sammcc View Post
    Just found my old account and logged in to thank the devs on such an excellent mod. In my opinion this is the best total war experience out of all total war games and mods.
    good to hear that. upload a save from your game so that we can have a look at the turn of the events

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    you got this one:

the code is as follows:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
        ;------- Makurian Help for the Fatimids ---------------------------------------------------------------
        ; by JoC 2022

;====================================================================================================== Makurian Help for the Fatimids
        ; script is a modification of Turcoman Help for Rum script
        ; historically, Makuria paid baqt and provide troops to the Fatimids - the relations were ok
        ; this helped prompted the Saladin's expedition to Nubia in late 12c., so we see how important it was
        ; thus the goal of this script is to provide some help to the Fatimids if they have problems at home (eg. with the Crusaders)
        ; the aremies are sizable but there's 2% chance no military help will be provided, only additional money

; this is a recurrent help - there's a 20 turns cool-down period per army spawned.
        ; It ends after the transition of Egypt from the Fatimids to Ayyubids.

; in the future: one need to analyse when and how the Ayyubids rise

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType egypt
            and I_EventCounter faction_size_egypt_small == 1                        ; no more than 3 settlements
            and I_EventCounter Makurian_Help_for_Fatimids < 1                        ; no recent help from Makuria
            and I_NumberOfSettlements egypt > 0                                        ; in case of a bug (perhaps not needed)
            and not I_CharacterExists SudanPrince                                    ; the leader of the previous support doesn't live anymore
            and RandomPercent < 20

log -------------------- Script : Makurian help for the Fatimids (1) INFORMATION ---------------------

historic_event EGYPT_MAKURIAN_HELP_IN_NEED

log -------------------- Script : Makurian help for the Fatimids (2) TERMINATION AFTER AYYBIDS RISE --

if I_EventCounter ayyubids_rise > 0
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

log -------------------- Script : Makurian help for the Fatimids (3) FUNDING FOR THE ARMIES -----------

if I_EventCounter temp_purse_egypt = 0            ; in case it was increased somewhere else in the script
                add_money egypt 5000                        ; in case the faction is in debts and would disband the armies outright
                increment_kings_purse egypt 5000            ; to ensure the AI doesn't disband the armies for some time
                inc_event_counter temp_purse_egypt 21        ; this counter goes down in another script and after 20 turns this additional income is removed
            end_if

log -------------------- Script : Makurian help for the Fatimids (4) SPAWN OF ARMIES ------------------

if RandomPercent < 90
                log ------ spawn Ya_qub Afra
                spawn_army
                    faction egypt
                    character    Ya_qub Afra, named character, age 35, x 316, y 12, portrait ME_sudan_prince, label SudanPrince, direction N
                    traits LoyaltyStarter 2 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 3 , GoodCommander 3 , ReligionStarter 1 , Handsome 7 , Intelligent 8
                        unit        ME Bodyguard                exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                end
                inc_event_counter Makurian_Help_for_Fatimids 20        ; it goes down in another script
            end_if

if RandomPercent < 65
                log ------ spawn Malik Abla
                spawn_army
                    faction egypt
                    character    Malik Abla, named character, age 32, x 312, y 18
                    traits LoyaltyStarter 3 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 2 , GoodCommander 3 , ReligionStarter 1 , StrategyDread 2 , Handsome 6 , Intelligent 7 , GoodCavalryGeneral 2 , Miserly 2
                end
            end_if

if RandomPercent < 40
                log ------ spawn Talq Afra
                spawn_army
                    faction egypt
                    character    Talq Afra, named character, age 28, x 308, y 4
                    traits LoyaltyStarter 3 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 1 , StrategyChivalry 2 , ReligionStarter 1 , Handsome 5 , Intelligent 6 , GoodCavalryGeneral 2 , Generous 2
                end
            end_if

so something should have been spawned in the south. There's a scant chance that it wouldn't.

If somebody would be able to make a submod introducing that custom settlement in the SSHIP (I hope the creators of the Tsardoms would agree to use it in this mod), then it would be marvellous to have it. The EBII doesn't fit into the timeframe.

Getting the access to the custom settlement would be great indeed, Kostic could also benefit from this mod with its unit skin, since the late era unit models are mostly vanilla-like in your mod.

i had a crash after a battle near Calari against pisa, it was 2000 vs 4000, where i managed to capture 2000 prisoners.
    after the battle when i selected release prisoners, an error would pop up and the game would just freaze and i have to press ok in the error to shut it down, i tried to play it 3 times, always same problem.
    i had to use the autowin cheat in order to get passed it sadly, tho i did destroy their army when i played it anyway .
    same thing once happend on my CS campaign, it was a siege defense, i just auto resolved it that other time.
    is there a root cause for such an error, or maybe a fix?

i had a crash after a battle near Calari against pisa, it was 2000 vs 4000, where i managed to capture 2000 prisoners.
    after the battle when i selected release prisoners, an error would pop up and the game would just freaze and i have to press ok in the error to shut it down, i tried to play it 3 times, always same problem.
    i had to use the autowin cheat in order to get passed it sadly, tho i did destroy their army when i played it anyway .
    same thing once happend on my CS campaign, it was a siege defense, i just auto resolved it that other time.
    is there a root cause for such an error, or maybe a fix?
    I don't think we're aware of this crash happening.
    Can you upload a save to investigate? This may be very useful for us. If you've got a log from your game, this would also be interesting.

Getting the access to the custom settlement would be great indeed, Kostic could also benefit from this mod with its unit skin, since the late era unit models are mostly vanilla-like in your mod.
    We don't have anybody in our team who would deal with the custom settlements or any (graphical) part of this mod/game.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 06, 2023 at 11:24 PM.

this is a save before the battle: https://www.mediafire.com/file/3gdk9...crash.sav/file
    i moved past this fight cuz i couldn't finish it, but maybe you'll have better luck then me.

this is a save before the battle: https://www.mediafire.com/file/3gdk9...crash.sav/file
    i moved past this fight cuz i couldn't finish it, but maybe you'll have better luck then me.
    ok, such a situation has been reported in the past, and I think nobody found a solution. Your battles crashed for me as well (I've let it run until the end, the windows closed, but already on the campaign map, after the first enemy general death, it crashed). The problem is the multiple number of armies taking part in the battles - it's 2x2 battle, and iirc this setting crashes (in general, iirc, if both sides have multiple armies, the crash is imminent).

Maybe somebody else recalls it as well? Perhaps we should add an info window warning of such situations.

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Hi @murats,
    I don't know why it doesn't work, but for me it doesn't either.
    Thanks for uploading the save!
    Btw, what is your experience with the Mongols? Do you know why there're so many independent provinces in Rus?

I play the game on medium-medium
    When the Mongols took a few cities, I declared jihad on them and had other Muslim factions attack him. But it didn't work very well.
    As they approached my borders, I attacked them first and destroyed several of their armies. I saw their Khans roaming with one army. I killed him, then I offered a truce and they accepted. They have never attacked me since then. I remember that the Rus was destroyed once, I guess that's why.

I think the biggest problem when playing with Rum is Byzantium. Even though I play in medium, it is very difficult to play against them in the early period. They are constantly attacking me and the Byzantine units are very strong. Auto battles are very difficult. I found a good tactic against Byzantium. At the beginning of the game, I took Istanbul and destroyed buildings. Because when I have Istanbul, there is always a crusade. Later, even though Byzantium takr Istanbul, it constantly rebelled and lost. He takes it again and loses again. This is my only solution at the moment.

The most common problem I see is the crusader armies. After the Crusade is over, the armies cannot return to their countries. They are constantly commuting between Adana and Kayseri and Malatya. Especially Adana very big problem. Every factions armies are stuck there. They cannot find their way.

As i thunk now SSHIP the best or one of the best for sure mods for M2TW. But what happened with my game... I played Novgorod, easy killed Litva and after that for financial purposes declare war Poland. I killed many armies of Poland and for sure i had to be kill Poland or make peace on my advantage, but i saw Poland armies again and again... ​So, i think, there are must be some decreace on Poland finances or armies spawn. Sry, for my English.

Hello,
    recently I noticed something quite strange in a campaign with Portugal, which also happened to me in may Novogorod-campaign:
    I got a mission that I should marry a certain princess with my (unmarried) faction heir and when I tried to arrange this marriage I got the message "no potential suitors ...", as the princess approached the heir, and so could not fulfill the mission. A few turns later I wanted to arrange a marriage between another princess and the unmarried son of my king, who was not the heir at this time and shown as "potential suitor" to the princess as it should be. One turn before the princess reached him, the King died, his son became heir and with that lost his status as "potential suitor". So, also this arrangement could not be made. Also the unmarried new king, who was heir before, kept his status as "no potential suitor". So, my guess is, that the KI for some reasons does not see unmarried kings and heirs as characters, who could be married. This could be the explanation, that my kings and heirs in my long Novgorod-campaign often stayed unmarried for decades (though I am not really shure about that, because i did not focus on the issue then).
    Is this a known issue and is it an issue at all?

Here is an upload of my portugal save. Unfortunately the mission to marry the Princess Luz to the faction heir has already expired here: https://mega.nz/file/uyYRAR6R#eZAdHUR3pNvh53li1zjQYiQi99rmRqDJUEvXFExLMew

Here a save from a little bit later, with "unmarriable" king and heir: https://mega.nz/file/DrgjWIIA#CU1zgY...2ZU8-Q2WBkCIAQ

Best regards QKuhlmann
    Last edited by QKuhlmann; January 08, 2023 at 03:29 AM.