Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW! SSHIP ver. 0.98 - March 27th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 ver. September 8th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmalk View Post
    When playing as Serbia, capturing Zagreb from Hungary spawns a rebel 'resistance' army instead of a Hungary army.
    • When playing as Serbia, I was unable to train a spy after taking Skodron which has a brothel. The settlement had a spy in the recruitment tab, but the game said I was at the agent limit despite not having any spies.
    • The AI has trouble attacking Toulouse as a castle. In two sieges, defending as France vs AI HRE, the AI would not venture past the walls with more than a few of their units. The units assigned to ladders, siege towers, and the ram would attack but the rest would sit outside the walls until time ran out.
    • When playing as France and as Georgia, missions that offered elite troops as a reward did not provide any units when completed despite owning Paris/Tbilsi.

Zagreb works as intended due to historical reasons - only after some time it will be spawning Hungarian armies:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    		log --- Zagreb AFTER CAPTURE ARMY SPAWN ----------------------------------------------------

if I_EventCounter faction_size_small == 0						; the conqueror is not a small faction
    		and RandomPercent < 66											; some randomness is always good
    		and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel > 2							; only for H/VH difficulties
    		and I_EventCounter Zagreb_turns_in_our_realm > 47				; to avoid situation of spawning many armies in a loop situation (conquer-retake-conquer...)
    		and I_EventCounter GOLDEN_BULL_HUNGARIAN < 1

spawn_army
    				faction slave, sub_faction hungary
    					character Vajk, named character, age 32, x 197, y 176
    					traits CounterOfBattles 4, NaturalMilitarySkill 2 , GoodCommander 1 , Hardened 1 , StrategyDread 1 , Feck 4 , BattleScarred 3 , Xenophobia 3
    						unit	NE Bodyguard			exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Magyar Cavalry			exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Slav Mercenaries		exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Slav Mercenaries		exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Transilvanian Peasants	exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Vlach Axemen			exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Vlach Axemen			exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Vlach Archers			exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Vlach Archers			exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    			end

end_if

if I_NumberOfSettlements hungary > 0							; faction exists
    		and I_EventCounter faction_size_small == 0						; the conqueror is not a small faction
    		and RandomPercent < 66											; some randomness is always good
    		and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel == 4					; only for VH difficulty
    		and I_EventCounter Zagreb_turns_in_our_realm > 47				; to avoid situation of spawning many armies in a loop situation (conquer-retake-conquer...)
    		and I_EventCounter faction_turn_hungary == 0					; core Hungarian region
    		and I_EventCounter GOLDEN_BULL_HUNGARIAN == 1

if I_EventCounter is_the_player == 1
    				historic_event SETTLEMENT_CAPTURE_REBELLION
    			end_if

if I_CompareCounter pl_ec_id == 21
    				historic_event SETTLEMENT_CAPTURE_REBELLION_OUR_PEOPLE
    			end_if

spawn_army
    				faction hungary
    					character random_name, named character, age 32, x 197, y 176
    					traits CounterOfBattles 4, NaturalMilitarySkill 2 , GoodCommander 1 , Hardened 1 , StrategyDread 1 , Feck 4 , BattleScarred 3 , Xenophobia 3
    					unit	NE Bodyguard			exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Magyar Cavalry			exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Slav Mercenaries		exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Slav Mercenaries		exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Transilvanian Peasants	exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Vlach Axemen			exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Vlach Axemen			exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Vlach Archers			exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Vlach Archers			exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Hunters					exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    			end

end_if

Spy: your limit increases only if you build a brothel in a capital, while you can train that spy in any brothel afterwards.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    ;==================================================================================================================================       brothel city requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
        {
          convert_to 0
          capability
          {
            agent spy  0  requires factions { northern_european, }
            agent spy  0  requires factions { middle_eastern, }
            agent spy  0  requires factions { eastern_european, }
            agent spy  0  requires factions { greek, }
            agent spy  0  requires factions { southern_european, }

agent_limit spy 0
            agent_limit spy 1 requires factions { all, } and hidden_resource capital

The AI tactical behaviour - it's the inheritance of the SS coding, we don't have anybody modifying it.
    Missions is @Macaras business.
    Utrecht is fixed for the next version.
    Resistance armies generals - indeed, this is to be fixed, very much soon.
    Underdog bonus - yes, it'll be available also for 3-province situations (ie canceled at 4).
    Luxury Goods - thanks for the hint, it will be changed.
    Axe Militia upgrade - @kostic business.
    Slav Levies, Saxons, Mskhureuli et all - we indeed need to reivew it. All noted.

thanks again!
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

• When playing as France and as Georgia, missions that offered elite troops as a reward did not provide any units when completed despite owning Paris/Tbilsi.
    I think the missions are fixed, in the updated version it should work properly.

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Hi there, thankyou for your work on this great mod, it's brought me back to Medieval 2 after years.. I was wondering though, is their a sound file I could delete or replace to remove the end of turn sound effects?

Maybe some did adress this before, but when i played as the Zengid and i saved my game right before a battle my general died before the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Krieglord View Post
    Hi there, thankyou for your work on this great mod, it's brought me back to Medieval 2 after years.. I was wondering though, is their a sound file I could delete or replace to remove the end of turn sound effects?
    I think there's, but personally I don't know this part of the mod. @JLMP might know it but he rarely frequents the TWC these days

Very nice to see another update for this amazing mod. Installing it now. I just finished my Byz campaign on 097, very exited to start new one with this update!

Quote Originally Posted by dfz View Post
    Very nice to see another update for this amazing mod. Installing it now. I just finished my Byz campaign on 097, very exited to start new one with this update!
    great! thanks for the feedback in the AAR section!
    what faction are you going to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    great! thanks for the feedback in the AAR section!
    what faction are you going to play?
    I've been playing Romans for so long that it's hard to choose somebody else . I want to try Norway. Or create northern trading republic as Novgorod? Or maybe a Muslim faction since I don't remember when was last time I played as them. But also Venice, Castile, or Aragon all sound very fun

Quote Originally Posted by dfz View Post
    I've been playing Romans for so long that it's hard to choose somebody else . I want to try Norway. Or create northern trading republic as Novgorod? Or maybe a Muslim faction since I don't remember when was last time I played as them. But also Venice, Castile, or Aragon all sound very fun
    Norway will get a unique building in the next patch of the mod, so will the Almoravids, and also Venice/Pisa. See here. Of your list, the Novgorod will be changed the least.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

A few remarks with my Aragonese campaign:

1- In 1150, I still don't have access to "mailed_knights". Is it wanted ? Defending against French knights is difficult without them.

2- In 1150, Aragon was never able to participate in a pope election (I have the maximum number of priests possible, ie 2).

3- The "sergeants_swordsmen" and the "light_men_at_arms" were rather units that arrived in the 13th century. Why are they now present from the 12th century ?

Last edited by kostic; November 10, 2022 at 12:40 PM.

Yes kostic, the same for castilians... Iberians factions also should have mailed knights as the rest of europeans factions, perhaps with less capacity for replacement and recruitment than the French or English because they used a lot of the guerrilla style, ("caballeria villana and hidalgos).
    -I think some kind of swordsman unit should be available early in the game, maybe a light swordsman unit like light men at arms...
    - In my files of historical descriptions, the levy javalinmen will be called "peones", they were the basic unit of the Iberians in addition to the city militias and levies, they had javelins or spears and small weapons such as axes, shield shields and small maces / knives (arms of peasants or lower class people)
    -Basque archers should be recruitable only in Pamplona and perhaps in northern Spain like Burgos or Zaragoza, also Almogávares should become a recruitable mercenary unit in almost all of Iberia. Lusitanian javalinmen renamed "Iberian javalinmen", a more generic term for use in the peninsula.
    If there is another unit of javalinmen it should be deleted for more free slots, we already have many units of javalineros for Iberians, almughavars already bring together Iberian mercenaries such as Catalans, Castilians, Aragonese... It is not necessary to have more.
    With more free slots another unit could be created "Iberian espadachines" that bring together the militia swordmen, the use of the sword and buckler was widely used in Spain from the fourteenth century...
    -And as I said before, it would be necessary to increase the Andalusian unit roster, at least create a militia unit with crossbow and Andalusian sword, they were widely used in Moorish and Christian cities, the so-called Mozarabic and Mudejar.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

louigi's Avatar Foederatus

hello everyone, it's been a couple months since i played SSHIP. Should i download the newest version from september? or is the next patch going to be released very soon? anything else i need to know before downloading? Thanks in advance

It looks really interesting, but how do I get the game screen to actual screen size? Having it windowed (or whatever it is), is just too small for me.

Quote Originally Posted by louigi View Post
    hello everyone, it's been a couple months since i played SSHIP. Should i download the newest version from september? or is the next patch going to be released very soon? anything else i need to know before downloading? Thanks in advance
    Our development has slowed down recently, so the changes for the next version won't be enormous. The reported bugs will be fixed, there'll be more buildings as announced in the other thread, some evolution of the factions and historical events added, fixes to the code (one can be significant, related to the aggressor mechanism, with fixing an issue discovered by @Macaras, new version of the AI & diplomacy files by @Macaras, perhaps some changes of the units coming from @kostic.
    I would think (without any consultation with the rest of the team) we'd publish a version in early December.

Default Recommended difficulty on 0.97

What is the best difficulty right now to play with both campaign and battle? Is it any different than vanilla Med2?

Edit: Just noticed there is 0.98 now with preview on difficulty on some other thread. There was no update on moddb hence the confusion. You can ignore/delete this thread.
    Last edited by Nazgul0ne; November 20, 2022 at 10:10 AM.

Here are also few remarks from my Georgia campaign that i found interesting. I am around turn 260.

1. In year 1260 maps and faction positions and spreading looks nearly historical which is really great (screenshot below). Norway and Lithuania looks strong but they are still around Baltic. No crazy spreading from Scotland .
    2. Regarding re-emerging factions. I saw Leon re-emerging 5-6 times. Hungary also re-emerged and had nice come back. Now they holding 4 provinces. Also saw one re-emerging of Poland, Rum, Zengids. What i didn't saw are Sicily, Crusaders, Cumans and Great Seljucs. I guess re-emerging of Cumans and Great Seljucs are not historical after Mongol conquest but wondering is it possible? Also wondering is it possible for Crusaders to come back?
    3. I had few 3 marriage alliances so far - Zengids, Great Seljucs and Byzantines. Zengid one is even proposed by AI at beginning of game. That was a bit surprising for me.
    4. I lost Trapezous by Byzantines after 8 turns of siege. So after end of last turn of siege it was a bit surprise for me that there is no final battle where my city army is forced to run out to fight enemy, but i lost whole army and Byzantines took the city. I think i like it this way more because it is harder for player, but didn't know that could happen .
    5. I had small pirate ship spawned in lake near T'pilisi (screenshot below). I guess it will stay there forever now . Also, when i mentioned rebels, wondering is it possible for rebel armies to attack cities? I saw few quite big rebel armies around some poor defended AI cites and also near my own cites, but they usually stay around watchtowers or just stick in one place. It would be great if they could be a bit more aggressive in some situations.

Quote Originally Posted by dijenek999 View Post
    2. Regarding re-emerging factions. I saw Leon re-emerging 5-6 times. Hungary also re-emerged and had nice come back. Now they holding 4 provinces. Also saw one re-emerging of Poland, Rum, Zengids. What i didn't saw are Sicily, Crusaders, Cumans and Great Seljucs. I guess re-emerging of Cumans and Great Seljucs are not historical after Mongol conquest but wondering is it possible? Also wondering is it possible for Crusaders to come back?
    5. I had small pirate ship spawned in lake near T'pilisi (screenshot below). I guess it will stay there forever now . Also, when i mentioned rebels, wondering is it possible for rebel armies to attack cities? I saw few quite big rebel armies around some poor defended AI cites and also near my own cites, but they usually stay around watchtowers or just stick in one place. It would be great if they could be a bit more aggressive in some situations.
    ad 2 - I think it's possible for each faction to come resurrect.
    ad 5 - I've added "no_pirates" to Tbilisi, thanks for the hint. Wondering rebel armies may attack cities at Very Hard difficulty, but I think it's not instant, and the watchtowers may distract them.

Thank you Jurand! I got also one strange message around 1268, turn after i conquered Constantinopole with Georgia, that my capital T'pilisi is lost to enemies. But city was perfectly fine that turn.

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 version 2022/09/08

Maybe i'm just retarded but i don't get what i have to do to install and launch this mod...

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 version 2022/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by Fenriz-CH View Post
    Maybe i'm just retarded but i don't get what i have to do to install and launch this mod...
    It written here -
    It's literally zipped mod folder, ready to play after only unpacking in the mods folder
    (run it not from Steam, but from the .bat file)
    Quote Originally Posted by dijenek999 View Post
    Thank you Jurand! I got also one strange message around 1268, turn after i conquered Constantinopole with Georgia, that my capital T'pilisi is lost to enemies. But city was perfectly fine that turn.
    can you upload a save? preferably just before that turn 1268
    Quote Originally Posted by FromolWyoming View Post
    It looks really interesting, but how do I get the game screen to actual screen size? Having it windowed (or whatever it is), is just too small for me.
    Have a look here and it's there:
    to have the game in full screen you have to open the config file (named configuration.cfg in the main folder) and enter your screen resolution.
    look for the section [video], you need to change both the line battle_resolution and the line campaign_resolution to suit you needs. Usually 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 would do.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; November 23, 2022 at 12:21 PM.