Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW! SSHIP ver. 0.98 - March 27th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 version 2022/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by sarpedon21 View Post
    i get CTDs when i try to start custom battles.
    campaign seems to work ok.
    the byzantines dont have acess to western knights anymore?
    Sarpedon can you say exactly which units were you trying to set in custom battle ?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by vovery View Post
    I started a Novgorodian campaign in the meantime. At 12 turns I've so far noticed only two curiosities:

- Mercenary chudies cost only 1/3 to recruit when compared to what the unit costs if recruited from a settlement. I think Gaku reported the same issue for some other faction & similar mercenary unit?
    - After capturing Polotsk it would've been possible to build a blacksmith even though the settlement didn't have a leather tanner yet either. I'm not sure though, if this is correct or not.
    Thanks for helping to find discrepancies!
    - Chude - will be adjusted in the next version
    - hmm, there's a Leather Tanner from the beginnig in Polotsk. Otherwise it would be a strange bug.

@Gaku, this is another HU campaign, right? The posession of various factions seem different than in the save you've had sent before.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; September 17, 2022 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    @Gaku, this is another HU campaign, right? The posession of various factions seem different than in the save you've had sent before.
    Yes it is. Time to start over from scratch again.

A few other issues:
    1) The random guild buildings you're presented with. I was spammed with offers to build them while I was fighting a war, and so I refused them all. that opportunity is just gone forever, now?
    2) Could that have something to do with Szekes never upgrading at 30k pop?
    3) The Mongols really need a nerf now. Everyone else has restricted recruitment pools. Have they been toned down at all to compensate?
    4) Byzantines lose infantry in battle, but their cav are indestructible and survive every battle. and they keep training more cav. so the end result is an army that's like 75%-90% cav.
    Last edited by Gaku; September 17, 2022 at 05:00 AM.

- hmm, there's a Leather Tanner from the beginnig in Polotsk. Otherwise it would be a strange bug.
    Ah, only now that you mentioned it, I noticed I've just built a duplicate leather tanner. Some sort of a bug that the building tree wasn't recognized I guess.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tanners.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	368158

Quote Originally Posted by Gaku View Post
    Yes it is. Time to start over from scratch again.

A few other issues:
    1) The random guild buildings you're presented with. I was spammed with offers to build them while I was fighting a war, and so I refused them all. that opportunity is just gone forever, now?
    2) Could that have something to do with Szekes never upgrading at 30k pop?
    3) The Mongols really need a nerf now. Everyone else has restricted recruitment pools. Have they been toned down at all to compensate?
    4) Byzantines lose infantry in battle, but their cav are indestructible and survive every battle. and they keep training more cav. so the end result is an army that's like 75%-90% cav.
    0. So upload the new save, it'll be useful for us as usual.
    1. No, it shouldn't. I don't know the parameters though, as @Belo has made some adjustments, iirc.
    2. It shouldn't. It's interesting as I can't see any reason for Alba Regia not being upgradable... I'd love to have a look in a save ;-)
    3. They have a bit, but it was just by way, absolutely not enough.
    4. Interesting and useful to know. We need to got through ERE roster and to check everything.

Quote Originally Posted by vovery View Post
    Ah, only now that you mentioned it, I noticed I've just built a duplicate leather tanner. Some sort of a bug that the building tree wasn't recognized I guess
    Belovese took care for it, and it won't happen anymore.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; September 17, 2022 at 07:04 AM.

0. So upload the new save, it'll be useful for us as usual.
    1. No, it shouldn't. I don't know the parameters though, as @Belo has made some adjustments, iirc.
    2. It shouldn't. It's interesting as I can't see any reason for Alba Regia not being upgradable... I'd love to have a look in a save ;-)
    3. They have a bit, but it was just by way, absolutely not enough.
    4. Interesting and useful to know. We need to got through ERE roster and to check everything.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/bff9x...l_war.sav/file
    I stopped maintaining Szekes at 30k+ due to it not upgrading, plus now it's held by rebels, but here it is.
    I don't know what caused this civil war. My king didn't die. The previous turn, I took Adrianople for purely strategic purposes, intending to let it rebel, and then my country fell apart the next. Unrest was under control in the settlements that rebelled.
    I don't know exactly when it stopped offering guilds, but I get the impression it asked each one once and then stopped after I had declined them all.
    Last edited by Gaku; September 17, 2022 at 12:34 PM.

This is ing stupid.
    turn 38 and I've had 5 wars declared on me. and TWICE the Pope has cockblocked me from counterattacking.
    another campaign in the garbage.

Hungary's been nerfed to hell by being unable to effectively train Magyar Cavalry at the start. literally the only unit that's worth a damn.
    Last edited by Gaku; September 17, 2022 at 08:03 PM.

Kurdish Javelinmen are also costing 1/3 to recruit as mercenaries as compared to settlement recruitment. Qaws ferengi Infantry are missing a unit card (in campaign rebel stack)
    Last edited by hazman232; September 18, 2022 at 08:25 AM.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/bff9x...l_war.sav/file
    I stopped maintaining Szekes at 30k+ due to it not upgrading, plus now it's held by rebels, but here it is.
    I don't know what caused this civil war. My king didn't die. The previous turn, I took Adrianople for purely strategic purposes, intending to let it rebel, and then my country fell apart the next. Unrest was under control in the settlements that rebelled.
    I don't know exactly when it stopped offering guilds, but I get the impression it asked each one once and then stopped after I had declined them all.
    Yeah, here it's not possible to see that Alba Regia is not upgradable. I'd prefer a save where you actually control it.

Quote Originally Posted by hazman232 View Post
    Kurdish Javelinmen are also costing 1/3 to recruit as mercenaries as compared to settlement recruitment
    ok, thanks, will be fixed.

This is ing stupid.
    turn 38 and I've had 5 wars declared on me. and TWICE the Pope has cockblocked me from counterattacking.
    another campaign in the garbage.

Hungary's been nerfed to hell by being unable to effectively train Magyar Cavalry at the start. literally the only unit that's worth a damn.
    5 wars is too many, for sure. Either you're sloppy in diplomacy, or the current diplomatic AI is really over-aggressive...

About the guilds: I reworked them recently due to a general bug in the coding discovered recently by another team.
    We will have to make adjustments for this new version of the guilds, of course.

That said, what is hardcoded into the game is a cooldown of 10 turns for any rejected guilds: for this time you will get no offer in any city.
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Yeah, here it's not possible to see that Alba Regia is not upgradable. I'd prefer a save where you actually control it.

5 wars is too many, for sure. Either you're sloppy in diplomacy, or the current diplomatic AI is really over-aggressive...
    no longer exists.

peaced out with Poland immediately. took Olomoq. Serbia attacks me turn ~13. Then Venice attacks. Venice peaces out. I take 3 settlements off Serbia, then Serbia collapses. Poland attacks me again. I go to counterattack Poland - Pope intervenes. Peace out Poland. Venice has had units parked in my territory since the last war. Venice declares war again. I go to counterattack Venice - Pope intervenes. Peace out Venice. Ally Venice - they're going to backstab me in exactly 20 turns. HRE attacks. What part of that was my fault?

The AI says "which nation do I border that is weaker than me that I can easily beat and take provinces off of? How about this one - that has no economy, has restricted recruitment, and has hardly any garrison in any of its provinces?"... and then every AI comes to the same conclusion. and it's just one war after another.

My ability to train Hospitallers was removed without any indication, and then re-enabled - also without indication.
    However, I can only train them in one of the two provinces that has the appropriate infrastructure.
    Ritterbruders are disabled.
    Last edited by Gaku; September 19, 2022 at 07:50 PM.

Really enjoying my Abbasid campaign so far, will post screenshots and a recap of my campaign perhaps when I'm finished with it. I'm putting a fix here for the Fari Foot Lancers, where the first armour upgrade actually corresponds to a unit model wearing inferior armour. https://mega.nz/file/tex0CQIL#FyfKo8...JHTEmnA2kb-Pfo
    Last edited by hazman232; September 20, 2022 at 06:44 AM.

Did the number of provinces required for the win get decreased to 40? I thought you were going to increase it from 50.

Did the number of provinces required for the win get decreased to 40? I thought you were going to increase it from 50.
    It's 25 for short, 40 for long since SSHIP 096, iirc.
    Mongols will have higher, given the recent aggressivity.

It's 25 for short, 40 for long since SSHIP 096, iirc.
    Mongols will have higher, given the recent aggressivity.
    In the other thread, we were talking about how it was 50, and that 50 was too low.

What the is this complete ? This is the second time in 3 campaigns that I've had a civil war rip away my capital, and the second civil war in under 5 years in this campaign. How the is this game-breaking even possible? My king's got high authority, he's the direct heir of the last king who won his civil war, and then you throw another one at me? The game's not hard enough - you have to put me 25,000 florins in the hole and delete my army, too? While I'm stuck in a war that the AI refuses to peace out of, no matter how many of his OP ing units I release? 230 turns in, and another campaign goes in the . this. Just like last time - I take 1 irrelevant province from a nation that won't peace out, and then my whole nation falls apart. In a game called "Total War" - where apparently I can't wage war. Oh but the AI can with it's endless stacks - which I have to fight, take losses against, and then release because muh diplomacy. They can take whatever the they want without penalty. Me, though, I get a civil war for no goddamn reason. ing stupid . How do I disable these dumbass civil wars?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h1obf...:wub:.sav/file
    Last edited by Gaku; September 21, 2022 at 12:24 PM.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

What the is this complete ? This is the second time in 3 campaigns that I've had a civil war rip away my capital, and the second civil war in under 5 years in this campaign. How the is this game-breaking even possible? My king's got high authority, he's the direct heir of the last king who won his civil war, and then you throw another one at me? The game's not hard enough - you have to put me 25,000 florins in the hole and delete my army, too? While I'm stuck in a war that the AI refuses to peace out of, no matter how many of his OP ing units I release? 230 turns in, and another campaign goes in the . this. Just like last time - I take 1 irrelevant province from a nation that won't peace out, and then my whole nation falls apart. In a game called "Total War" - where apparently I can't wage war. Oh but the AI can with it's endless stacks - which I have to fight, take losses against, and then release because muh diplomacy. They can take whatever the they want without penalty. Me, though, I get a civil war for no goddamn reason. ing stupid . How do I disable these dumbass civil wars?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h1obf...:wub:.sav/file
    My dude, please control yourself and ur language.

This is how the mod is. If you don't like it you are free to play smth else , the civil war is a mechanic on this mod. You have to pay attention to your family members, you have to make sure you dont randomly adopt generals left and right into ur family , or randomly marry everyone just cause the game asks you too.

Mod is not meant to be played fast , or to blitz through the map , it was clearly stated. Maybe you dont understand the mechanics enough and this mod is not for you.

that's no ! very interesting situation. And may be intended - it's to make life of large factions difficult.
    Plus you've got Sobor, nice.
    And you're lazy not building Stephansdom in Vienna.
    and I've noticed pirates on the Balaton lake - it'll be fixed in the next version.

Civil wars - there's a part in the script dealing with it, but I'm not sure just deleting it would be possible, it's probably in the code of other scripts, traits etc.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Well, loading your campaign, I see that Hungary has become very powerful !
    Your armies are well supplied with men and you have a lot of hospitallers who must be very expensive!
    I don't know if the game is too hard, but I see you've done well so far.