Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW! SSHIP ver. 0.98 - March 27th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 ver. September 8th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    No idea. But I admit to have just pack the version I'm using, delete some it git files, and upload. I haven't made any special tests beforehand. But the other players could run it already, so it's not bugged, I'd guess.

I'll have a look when I can. But it may be as late as Tuesday. Maybe somebody else would do.
    OK i found what caused the ctd after experimenting a bit.

The configuration.cfg might be off in the 17/05 version, as when i repace it the sept 8th version the game launches. However as the 2 version aren't the same, i might be missing something.
    Any advice how to fix it ?

Hi !

Ok after a bit of digging, i found out that the configuration.cfg in the 17/05 might have a problem.
    After editing it and adding # for the three line in [video] where they were missing ( so the battle_resolution, campaign_resolution and tga_width ) and changing tga_width = 1080 to 1920, the game finally launched.
    So knowing nothing in coding, is this a problem more common for everyone or was it just for me ?

I started a new save with Norway on the May 20th version knowing to take Sigtuna early this time in order to prevent the rebel faction from filling it with Hirdmen ja Huscarls. I'll upload a save later (currently at turn ~70), but here are some quick remarks in case there's still time to check some of them for the June version:

1. An info text states that initial expansion in Scandinavia isn't treated the same as normal conquests, unless the FL lacks authority or is a usurper. I take it this means taking the Scandinavian rebel settlements? Still my reputation went from mixed to dubious after taking only Skara and Sigtuna, even though I simply occupied both instead of sacking or exterminating them. I don't remember the exact authority Kong Magnus had at the time of the expansions, but it might've been 5 for Skara and 6-7 for Sigtuna. I wonder how high the authority should be?

2. The initial underaged princess (was it Kristina?) didn't get the trait Of Norwegian blood once she became of age. Magnus' two daughters both got the trait once they turned 14. Also all three siblings of Kong Magnus lack the trait Claimant in the beginning, but I figured this might be intentional? Well at least for Sigurd, who's a bastard.

3. There's something going on with the population growth factor of walls/castles. When I load a save, everything is fine, but after progressing to the next turn, the Communal buildings bonus from city walls and castles turns transparent, and the city/castle page shows less population growth than it should. I think the game still takes the correct population growth into account whenever the next turn is progressed, but for some reason the UI shows it wrongly.

4. On population growth in general: I like the changes made from the September to May version. Building up Norwegian cities and castles is now a lot slower, and requires good chivalrous generals. On the other hand, Norwegian castles are now very hard to grow, at turn 70 Bergvin has only about 3700 people and Skara only 1600. For comparison, Anslo (made it the capital on turn 1) is currently at 9300. Lund, which Kong Magnus took from Denmark at year 1159 or 1160, boasted a population of almost 14 000 by the time of the Battle of the two Magnus'. Sigtuna sits at 2700 something, as it has been of lower priority, and has thus been governed by the not-so-great administrator Burislev.

5. I actually enjoy a lot that the Jarl's aid isn't working in this version! It makes Norway much more challenging; you have to plan your campaigns very carefully. I now think the Jarl's aid would make it too easy for myself. Would it be possible to have the small faction aid optionable, or turned off for the player? I started a Lithuania save before this Norway save, but got a bit bored as money was pouring in so much after taking only Hrodna and Riga. Or perhaps make the aid faction-specific, like for example Portugal might need the help even when played by the human?

6. The Stavkirke is a nice building to have especially for conquered cities, as it helps with public order. I was however pondering, whether the Stavkirke building line should replace the regular church building line altogether for Norwegian settlements, as it feels a bit funny to have two churches even in small towns :-)

7. What are the requirements to be able to build the Uppsala Domkyrka building line in Sigtuna, the bullding browser didn't seem to say?

8. The only recurring event appearing so far has been the Baqt event, which has showed up maybe twice or thrice. We'll see if other ones come up later, as I think I'll stick to this save now, unless the June version might have a fix for the emptying College of Cardinals? It is perhaps the only big bug in this version so far that hinders the immersion, but it's something I can live with.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Units RECRUITMENT system

Just a quick note about the agents (on my unmodified September version Fatimid campaign):

1- Lots of princesses from all factions on the map

2- Few diplomats. Since the beginning of the game (I'm now in 1253) I don't remember a single diplomat trying to obtain peace with my faction.

3- Rare enemy assassins and spies (maybe the amount of Fatimid assassins and spies limits their presence?)

4- Very few Christian priests met

5- To stabilize the conquered Christian regions, I sent many Imams that I can recruit quite easily with the large number of mosques that I have.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Units RECRUITMENT system

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Just a quick note about the agents (on my unmodified September version Fatimid campaign):
    1- Lots of princesses from all factions on the map
    2- Few diplomats. Since the beginning of the game (I'm now in 1253) I don't remember a single diplomat trying to obtain peace with my faction.
    3- Rare enemy assassins and spies (maybe the amount of Fatimid assassins and spies limits their presence?)
    4- Very few Christian priests met
    5- To stabilize the conquered Christian regions, I sent many Imams that I can recruit quite easily with the large number of mosques that I have.
    My take away is:
    - there are too many noble ladies provided by the script - I will decrease the frequency by half (for now it's 15 years on average).
    - the AI produces very few agents indeed. We need to keep on investigating and find the reason and/or the solution

Thanks, @vovery, for all these comments. there're useful!
    ad 1 - info window may lead to misunderstanding indeed. What is meant is that the conqests in Scandinavia do impact on your reputation in a standard way (which I am not fully familiary with... does really taking slave settlements deteriorates your reputation?), but they don't incur additional maluses scripted in the Aggressivity script or in the spawn of local loyalist armies. Perhaps @Macaras know what are the standard consequences - I thought there're none on reputation.
    ad. 2 - yeah, that's a problem. She's sister of the other guys, and her father is dead, and I doubt it's possible to script traits of a dead person. Claimant - I don't think were're analysing the initial Norwegian situation in this respect, frankly speking.
    ad. 3 - I'd be interested in your save to learn if it's possible to replicate on my comp.
    ad. 4 - indeed, we'll need to balance the growth rates in the future modding. From what I'd seen, in general the cities grow very fast from the city level, while in some areas (with low innate fertility) they may be stuck at 3k or so.
    ad. 5 - interesting. This would be indeed possible, perhaps even easy (Yes/No event at the beginnig, then a counter for this support). For the moment, the amounts will be smaller and variable in the new version, but they'll be not optional.
    ad. 6 - some times I've got similar observations. this is the same situation with any other church (from Haga Sophia and the St Sepulchre to St. Adalbertus). Also the castles double (Narikala or the White Tower). It somehow adds to a uniqueness of a settlement.
    ad. 7 - event DENMARK2_SANKT_ERIK - you need to take Turku (Abo), and the it may happen only after turn 60.
    ad. 8 - yeah, there're might a few events popping out in the future as well. Sorry, need to re-do it into Yes/No events. Cardinals - we'll implement a fix by @Macaras (related to recruit priority paramenter) but it's to be seen if - and how - it works.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Thank you Jurand for the detailed answers!

Here's the current Norway save (May 20th version) + pictures of how the population growth shows on my save & computer. #1 is a freshly loaded save after launching the game, and #2 is the situation after progressing to the next turn. Despite #2 showing -0,5% population growth for Skara, the game still takes the +0,5% bonus from the Motte & bailey into account when progressing to the next turn, so Skara would remain at 1606 people even at turn 79 instead of declining to a population of ~1598. It shows in the same way for all settlements of mine.

Despite speaking about sticking to this save, I might actually give Lithuania a go for the moment, and save a Norway campaign for later times for if Macaras' cardinal fix would prove working P.S. I noticed I forgot to move poor senile Sigurd back into the settlement after Thorgeir arrived to Bergvin. Sigurd was so detrimental for the governance of the castle that he was forced to go hiking in the fresh air

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	population_growth_1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	269.6 KB 
ID:	369052Click image for larger version. 

Name:	population_growth_2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	286.8 KB 
ID:	369053
    Last edited by vovery; June 07, 2023 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Added info on save version

Frankly speaking, I've never learnt the rules for those shaded-out icons. I'd guess something is going behind the stage. But it's not detrimental, isn't.

Laetus

With this submod can I recruit some units that belongs to other factions? Some Tutorial? Ex: With Hre recruit Edessan Guards or Constaple of Jerusalem.

Quote Originally Posted by Max.1985 View Post
    With this submod can I recruit some units that belongs to other factions? Some Tutorial? Ex: With Hre recruit Edessan Guards or Constaple of Jerusalem.
    1. you'd need to add Edessan Guard to mercenary faction - @kostic knows how to do it, it's not easy

2.open EDU
    find : Edessan Guard
    in line: attributes
    add: mercenary_unit

go to EDB, find Edessan Guard
    change this one: requires factions { jerusalem, }
    to: requires factions { jerusalem, hre, }
    repeat for the other lines

----------
    but (1) is indispensable, otherwise crashes

Quote Originally Posted by vovery View Post
    5. I actually enjoy a lot that the Jarl's aid isn't working in this version! It makes Norway much more challenging; you have to plan your campaigns very carefully. I now think the Jarl's aid would make it too easy for myself. Would it be possible to have the small faction aid optionable, or turned off for the player? I started a Lithuania save before this Norway save, but got a bit bored as money was pouring in so much after taking only Hrodna and Riga. Or perhaps make the aid faction-specific, like for example Portugal might need the help even when played by the human?

6. The Stavkirke is a nice building to have especially for conquered cities, as it helps with public order. I was however pondering, whether the Stavkirke building line should replace the regular church building line altogether for Norwegian settlements, as it feels a bit funny to have two churches even in small towns :-)
    In the next version, the financial aid for small factions will be a Yes/No choice at the beginning for the campaing.
    The Stavkirke will be buildable from the beginning, but the regular buildings only after a certain event happens. Not really sure which, maybe after conquest of Lund?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    		;-------------------- Norway stability : (B) Support if the faction is small ------------------------------------
    		; For AI: large support for 1-3 settlements, smaller for 4-9.
    		; For the player: random support, large for 1-2 settlements, smaller for 3-4
    		; This is a solution to the problem of initial inability of this faction to support fighting, but will work throughout the whole game
    		; Programing consideration: it could fire at the end of the turn so that it happens before the debt-warning / disbandment of the mercenaries. However, it probably comes before the AI-debt script (that cancels the AI debte if it plunges into), so it will not be explosionary (add money -> recruitment -> debt -> cancel debt -> add money -> more recruitment -> higher debt -> cancel debt -> add money ...)

if I_CompareCounter pl_ec_id == 27
    		and I_EventCounter norway_initial_support_choice_made < 1

log --- Script start: Player decides if weak Norway should be supported ------------

set_event_counter norway_initial_support_choice_accepted 0
    			set_event_counter norway_initial_support_choice_declined 0

historic_event NORWAY_INITIAL_SUPPORT_CHOICE true

while I_EventCounter norway_initial_support_choice_accepted = 0
    			and I_EventCounter norway_initial_support_choice_declined = 0
    			end_while

if I_EventCounter norway_initial_support_choice_accepted 1
    				set_event_counter norway_initial_support_choice_on 1
    				set_event_counter norway_initial_support_choice_made 1
    			end_if
    			if I_EventCounter norway_initial_support_choice_declined 1
    				set_event_counter norway_initial_support_choice_on 0
    			end_if
            end_if

and I_EventCounter norway_initial_support_choice_on == 1
    		and I_EventCounter Norway_supported_due_to_capital_occupation < 1
    		and I_EventCounter faction_size_smallormedium == 1
    		and I_TurnNumber > 0

log --- Script start : Norway supported when the player is NORWAY ------------

generate_random_counter initial_support_generosity 1 3

if I_NumberOfSettlements norway < 3
    			and I_NumberOfSettlements norway > 0

if I_EventCounter initial_support_generosity == 1
    					console_command add_money norway, 3000
    				end_if					
    				if I_EventCounter initial_support_generosity == 2
    					console_command add_money norway, 4000
    				end_if
    				if I_EventCounter initial_support_generosity == 3
    					console_command add_money norway, 5000
    				end_if
    				if not I_IsFactionAIControlled norway
    					historic_event NORWAY_INITIAL_SUPPORT
    				end_if
    			end_if

if I_NumberOfSettlements norway < 5
    			and I_NumberOfSettlements norway > 2

console_command add_money norway, 1000
    				end_if					
    					console_command add_money norway, 2000
    				end_if
    				end_if
    				end_if
    			end_if

set_event_counter initial_support_generosity 0

end_if

if I_CompareCounter pl_ec_id == 6
    		and I_TurnNumber > 0

log --- Script start : Norway supported when the player is DENMARK ------------

if I_EventCounter faction_size_norway_small == 1
    			end_if
    			if I_EventCounter faction_size_norway_medium == 1
    			end_if
    		end_if
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; June 09, 2023 at 11:26 AM.

I'm playing as RUM for sometime. i have conquered all required provinces. but im unable to get the crown. my original ruler got Fit for crown, but never got it. i put him in constantinople, he had authority and piety above 6 but could not get crown. After he died crownless, new faction leader was always uncrowned. it has broken my campaign as i could not expand due to unrest and loyalty issues. if someone has a fix please post ASAP

Thanks

In the next version, the financial aid for small factions will be a Yes/No choice at the beginning for the campaing.
    The Stavkirke will be buildable from the beginning, but the regular buildings only after a certain event happens. Not really sure which, maybe after conquest of Lund?
    Optionable financial aid for small factions sounds good! Just to make sure; does the yes/no choice concern only the human-played faction, and AI still gets it's help even if player chooses no for theirselves? Or is the small faction aid even tied to AI factions, or do they get their financial aid from other parts of the scripting.

Which regular buildings do you mean, the regular churches? Don't know if it's of any help, but from what I've played Norway so far in several different starts, if playing rather slowly and not blitzkrieging right from the start, taking Lund from Denmark would happen somewhere between turns ~50-60. By then the player and AI Denmark have taken the rebel parts of Scandinavia, and Denmark has initiated war on the player and attacked Skara, so the player could retaliate and take Lund without too big of a diplomatic penalty (if only the Pope doesn't call for ceasing hostilities ). In the last starts Denmark has gone for Ribe first, then Liubice, next usually Kalmar or once even Stettin. After Kalmar, they come against the player in Skara and possibly Sigtuna, if the latter is held by the player.

I've usually gone for Skara first, then after gathering enough troops & getting Burislev to govern Skara, for Sigtuna next because of the heavy infantry spam the rebels currently do, and lastly, if not already at war with Denmark, for Visby. If the rebels wouldn't recruit from landowners in Sigtuna, Visby would be my choice before Sigtuna because of Visby's port, which brings more income initially. Sigtuna gets better only after you build the first level of mines. Oh and I always move the capital from Bergvin to Anslo either on turn 1 or a bit later after having enough money again after some initial building and conquests, as the corruption in the rest of the Scandinavia gets too bad if Bergvin remains the capital. Also I think it's easier to get good traits for Kong Magnus in Anslo.

Overall Norway is a nice faction to play in the early game at least. There're some rebel settlements to be taken in the beginning, and a bit later Denmark has usually grown into a tough, but beatable competitor. I'd imagine after securing Scandinavia, the next step would be to assault Scotland to be able to get the crown, or snatch Åbo from Novgorod before that to be able to build the Uppsala Domkyrka. Lots of possibilities, and quite few initial dangers, as Scotland seems to be too busy with England in the beginning to even think of attacking Bergvin. I remember trying Denmark a few versions back, but they were much easier to play in the early game because of the more lucrative cities and closer proximity to more rebel settlements.

Quote Originally Posted by faroo View Post
    I'm playing as RUM for sometime. i have conquered all required provinces. but im unable to get the crown. my original ruler got Fit for crown, but never got it. i put him in constantinople, he had authority and piety above 6 but could not get crown. After he died crownless, new faction leader was always uncrowned. it has broken my campaign as i could not expand due to unrest and loyalty issues. if someone has a fix please post
    upload your saves (with that FL still living), I'll have a look

Libertus

Hi everyone, I will start a new campaign with the may 17th version, however I would like to edit the king's purse of the AI under VH difficullty.
    I like the script change playing with VH but I don't like the 7k king's purse, it feel like the AI is cheating too much for me.
    I want edit the file to reduce it to 5k, what file need to be edited ?

Quote Originally Posted by JB59114 View Post
    Hi everyone, I will start a new campaign with the may 17th version, however I would like to edit the king's purse of the AI under VH difficullty.
    I like the script change playing with VH but I don't like the 7k king's purse, it feel like the AI is cheating too much for me.
    I want edit the file to reduce it to 5k, what file need to be edited ?
    \Medieval II Total War\mods\SSHIP_098\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt
    you'll find it easily, section
    ;------- Difficulty set-up (counters & infos for difficulty, king's purse adjustments)

thanks for Reply. here is a save https://drive.google.com/file/d/190B...ew?usp=sharing
    my own file was overwritten. i tried one of pre save. but still FL is not getting crown. it is stuck at Fit for crown

upload your saves (with that FL still living), I'll have a look
    thanks for Reply. here is a save. https://drive.google.com/file/d/190B...ew?usp=sharing
    my own file was overwritten. i tried one of pre save. but still FL is not getting crown. it is stuck at Fit for crown

Quote Originally Posted by vovery View Post
    Optionable financial aid for small factions sounds good! Just to make sure; does the yes/no choice concern only the human-played faction, and AI still gets it's help even if player chooses no for theirselves? Or is the small faction aid even tied to AI factions, or do they get their financial aid from other parts of the scripting.
    It's gonna be as you wish to: yes/not only for the player, while the AI gets help in any case.
    Technically, this is the same part of the script, but carefully coded:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    		;-------------------- Norway stability : (B) Support if the faction is small ------------------------------------
    		; For AI: large support for 1-3 settlements, smaller for 4-9.
    		; For the player: random support, large for 1-2 settlements, smaller for 3-4
    		; This is a solution to the problem of initial inability of this faction to support fighting, but will work throughout the whole game
    		; Programing consideration: it could fire at the end of the turn so that it happens before the debt-warning / disbandment of the mercenaries. However, it probably comes before the AI-debt script (that cancels the AI debte if it plunges into), so it will not be explosionary (add money -> recruitment -> debt -> cancel debt -> add money -> more recruitment -> higher debt -> cancel debt -> add money ...)

and I_EventCounter norway_initial_support_choice_made < 1

log --- Script start: Player decides if weak Norway should be supported ------------

set_event_counter norway_initial_support_choice_accepted 0
    			set_event_counter norway_initial_support_choice_declined 0

historic_event NORWAY_INITIAL_SUPPORT_CHOICE true

while I_EventCounter norway_initial_support_choice_accepted = 0
    			and I_EventCounter norway_initial_support_choice_declined = 0
    			end_while

if I_EventCounter norway_initial_support_choice_accepted 1
    				set_event_counter norway_initial_support_choice_on 1
    			end_if
    			if I_EventCounter norway_initial_support_choice_declined 1
    				set_event_counter norway_initial_support_choice_on 0
    			end_if
            end_if

and I_EventCounter norway_initial_support_choice_on == 1
    		and I_TurnNumber > 0

log --- Script start : Norway supported when the player is NORWAY ------------

generate_random_counter initial_support_generosity 1 3

if I_NumberOfSettlements norway < 3
    			and I_NumberOfSettlements norway > 0

end_if					
    					console_command add_money norway, 4000
    				end_if
    				end_if
    				end_if
    			end_if

if I_NumberOfSettlements norway < 5
    			and I_NumberOfSettlements norway > 2

console_command add_money norway, 1000
    				end_if					
    					console_command add_money norway, 2000
    				end_if
    				end_if
    				end_if
    			end_if

set_event_counter initial_support_generosity 0

end_if

if I_CompareCounter pl_ec_id == 6
    		and I_TurnNumber > 0

log --- Script start : Norway supported when the player is DENMARK ------------

if I_EventCounter faction_size_norway_small == 1
    			end_if
    			if I_EventCounter faction_size_norway_medium == 1
    			end_if
    		end_if

Libertus

England turn 65 : https://mega.nz/folder/Yhxiya4L#ycTwWiRFw7fVLQRxLd8UrA

Geoffrey took part in a crusade for damascus, noticed a little bug with the siege towers :
    https://imgur.com/a/85b6Rfw

Rebel provinces garisson around france are massive, the french AI struggle to expand.
    Auvergne and Burgundy should have less garrison can help blancing the HRE who is enormous