https://www.mediafire.com/file/017uq....2023.rar/file

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: NEW! SSHIP ver. 0.98 - March 27th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    Where is the link of last version?
    Here ! you have to scroll down to the 4th message of the thread

Libertus

Okays so this version is definitely more bugged than the previous one.
    Was playing a Seljuk of Rum campaign and every 3 to 4 truns, Poland would crash the game
    You can have my save here (around turn 80), when it's the turn for Poland it cause a CDT: https://mega.nz/folder/Yhxiya4L#ycTwWiRFw7fVLQRxLd8UrA

Opinions about the current version:
    Script of loot after a battle is good, it reward the player for being pro active
    Diplomacy script still a bit unnerving, was at war with byzantium and Jerusalem since the begining of this campaign, none want peace even after I liberated their prisonners each time they invaded my territories.
    Byzantium is way too strong, when I'm not playing the Rum seljuk they easely dominate Anatolia, invaded Hungary and south Italy at the same time.
    HRE while not as strong as Byzantium is still too large imo and can easely dominate every europeans powers.

Suggestion:
    Reduce the power of Byzantium drastically, don't know if the Vlach rebellion script will be enough, Crete and Cyprus are never attacked maybe add Isacc Komnenos's rebellion event for Cyprus ?
    Limitate the early expension of the HRE, historically the soutern french region was not firmly held by the Empire, Lyon and Arles should start as independant rebels settlements.
    Like europa barbaorum II, the sacking make not the owner of the fallen settlements by liberate it (this way you can still cripple your enemy while not expending your empire)
    While playing the muslim faction, noticed that many unit models were old and badely dispatched, some replacmeent using Broken Crescent Buff and Shine's models (BCBuff) which you have access
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/buff-and-...5-full-release

Infantry

Daylami swordsmen armor upgrade level 1 -> Duzdariyah (Zengids in BCBuff)

Foot Fari lancers armor upgrade level 0 -> Al-Ramahah (Uyunids in BCBuff)
    armor upgrade level 1 -> Ghulam Spearmen (Ghaznavids in BCBuff)
    armor upgrade level 2 -> Gilak (Bavandid in BCBuff)
    armor upgrade level 3 -> Al-Haras (Uyunids in BCBuff)

Heavy Spearmen armor upgrade level 0 -> Jund el-Sham (Zengis in BCBuff)

Dismounted Ghulam infantry armor upgrade level 2 -> Dismounted Turkmen Askaris (Seljuk of Irak in BCBuff)

Cavalry

Ghulam Lancer amrmor upgrade level 2 and 3 -> Seljuk Ghulma lancer (Eldeguzids in BCBuff)

Qara Khitan -> Persian Horse archer (Bavandid in BCBuff)

Archers

heavy archers armor upgrade level 0 -> Ghulam infantry (Ghaznavids in BCBuff)
    armor upgrade level 1 -> Qara-Ghulam bowmen (Ayyubids in BCBuff)

Ottoman infantry armor upgrade level 0 -> Oghuz archers (Eldeguzids in BCBuff)
    armor upgrade level 1 -> Turkmen heavy bowmen (Seljuk of Iraks in BCBuff)

Dismounted Mamluk archers armor upgrade level 0 -> Jundariyah (Zengids in BCBuff)

Sudan warrior -> amhra infantry (Makuria in BCBuff)
    Last edited by JB59114; April 20, 2024 at 05:29 AM.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

https://easyupload.io/62eqor

HRE turn 151 with 0 ( ZERO ) Crashes so far , i am surprised lol.

Only thing i changed myself was the Upkeep of some of the lower tier units , i felt the militia upkeep is a bit too high for their pretty low quality , i lowered it for example from 330 to 300.

Oh another issue, you can see i only have 1 priest for the whole Empire lol, i think we should be able to recruit them a bit easier / more ?? , i even have theologians guild and some Collegiate Churches built but i seem to be limited to 1 priest.
    Last edited by Nemesis2345; April 20, 2024 at 06:13 AM.

louigi's Avatar Foederatus

i don't know what's up with the reputation feature but something is definitely wrong..

i started my first campaign with the new version yesterday, i'm at turn 24 with England. i've never started a war, or sacked cities, and only conquered one region not part of my core territory. I haven't even conquered the 2 scottish regions yet. after France took rouen, I took it back a couple turns later and suddenly my reputation is deceitful now.. ( it was on dubious before, already weird)

I wouldn't mind all this if reputation wasn't so important in this mod. for diplomacy but also for military order recruitment if i remember correctly.

Is there a link for the Summer of 2023 version? the latest version is too buggy to be played consistently for me.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by a Dictator's Cigar View Post
    Is there a link for the Summer of 2023 version? the latest version is too buggy to be played consistently for me.
    added to the first post.
    but it would be nice of you if you'd help us in bug-hunting B-)

I've tested 31 rounds with the latest version and the Kingdom of Jerusalem without encountering any CTD so far, to reassure those who want to try this version.
    @JB59114 : I'll be trying out the buggy saves to try and figure out what's making your games crash as soon as I can. I'll also take a look at the BCBuff models on offer and see if I can incorporate them. Thanks for the tip!
    @louigi : Reputations quickly become punitive. It doesn't take much to bring it down. Perhaps @Macaras could further improve this function, although I agree that it brings an interesting challenge to the game !
    Last edited by kostic; April 20, 2024 at 05:03 PM.

@JB59114: After testing your campaign several times, I couldn't find the cause of the crash. It happens every time during the Poland turn.
    As a matter of conscience, I've reviewed and tested all the Polish units in custom battle (especially the ones I've remade) and none of them are causing a crash. It must come from somewhere else...

I've also installed the latest BC 2.5 Buff and Shine version to look at the list of units you suggest.
    While there's no doubt room for inspiration, I find all your suggestions haphazard and lacking in any real coherence with unit tracking. I like the player to recognize the basic unit and see it improve after a change of armor. Without being an expert in the military costume of Muslim factions, I don't feel that the units would gain in credibility either.
    With a few exceptions, I don't think I'd replace the current models with the ones you suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    @JB59114: After testing your campaign several times, I couldn't find the cause of the crash. It happens every time during the Poland turn.
    As a matter of conscience, I've reviewed and tested all the Polish units in custom battle (especially the ones I've remade) and none of them are causing a crash. It must come from somewhere else...

I've also installed the latest BC 2.5 Buff and Shine version to look at the list of units you suggest.
    While there's no doubt room for inspiration, I find all your suggestions haphazard and lacking in any real coherence with unit tracking. I like the player to recognize the basic unit and see it improve after a change of armor. Without being an expert in the military costume of Muslim factions, I don't feel that the units would gain in credibility either.
    With a few exceptions, I don't think I'd replace the current models with the ones you suggest.
    About the muslim units my opinion is that Kostic units are great and they are getting better and better in the mod. As you say, BC 2.5 can serve as inspiration and reference for new units and models, but I think Kostic's units look great and in line with the game, in addition to following a logical order of evolution in armor, recognizing the unit itself.I would take as a reference for black units from Makuria and also Persians, as well as ideas to improve the Berber and Andalusian unit roster, although for that you also have my website and historical information provided.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW