Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW! SSHIP ver. 0.98 - March 27th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 ver. September 8th, 2022

Hello everyone, any news on the update? I wanted to start a campaign with the Roman Empire (the true one) but i don't want to start it again once the update is out.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr stonks View Post
    Hello everyone, any news on the update? I wanted to start a campaign with the Roman Empire (the true one) but i don't want to start it again once the update is out.
    I'm sorry but we're inative these days. Belovese has not been seen for a few weeks (it happened in the past, no worry), I've got other interests and the RL - and I need to update the recruitment before we publish the new version. Kostic and Macaras are probably modding and playing at times.
    So - no news for the moment.

In the new edition it would be nice to see a new texture of the units of the Moors/Andalusians/Berbers- like A Medieval Mod: 1191. I think they are the only ones somewhat "left to their own devices" with the old textures from MED2.

Laetus

Can you guys give some date, that maybe this new May version is released?? Thanks all Dev for making this game great again.. It' s a honor play this game

Quote Originally Posted by Max.1985 View Post
    Can you guys give some date, that maybe this new May version is released?? Thanks all Dev for making this game great again.. It' s a honor play this game
    No date. As a matter of fact, I've come back to modding a bit yesterday, kostic and macaras are doing something as well, but I don't know when we'll be ready.

Hi Guys,
    In the first post to this thread, you'll find a link to the new version. It is meant to be the next (May 2023) release, even if it we haven't introduced everything we wanted. It's not thoroughly tested, so I don't advertise it widely yet. If you could test eg. first 200-400 turns, if there're no deadly crashes, this would be helpful.
    cheers
    JoC

WHAT WILL BE NEW IN MAY 2023
    You may find here log of changes made in the current devs' build:

UNITS
    Reworked and made AoR (ie available for all factions): Scouts, Syrian auxilliaries, Daylami light infatry, Ruthenian archers.
    Units added to other factions: Armored sergeants (for hungary, scotland), Sergeants spearmen for hungary, scotland, Prussian for hungary; Arbalest militia for hungary, england, scotland, serbia; - Halberd militia for jerusalem; Armored Swordsmen for jerusalem; Pavise spearmen for serbia; Cuman horse militia for hungary.
    Units reworked
    - Mailed knights ug1 (bug mesh)
    - Ne & Se bodyguard ug1 (same bug mesh)
    - Adath sword militia ug1
    - Light sworsmen
    - Norman knights
    - Dismounted norman knights
    - Caballeros hidalgos
    - Welsh longbowmen
    - Lusitanian javelinmen
    - Levy javelinmen (no more mercenary unit & made for Aragon, Spain, Portugal & Slave factions)

New horse: for the Scouts.

UNITS' RECRUITMENT

- Berber units - recruitment reviewed and adjusted so that they're AoR units: available from both cities and castles, the main sources are the Ksar and Alkazar buildings;
    - African units (ie those 3 left in the mod, reminder: the 2 other are planned to be replaced) - recruitment reviewed and slightly adjusted; recruitment from Oases added;
    - mercenary recruitment in Africa reviewed (actually, extended by 1 region);
    - many units recruitable as mercenaries in Africa and the Middle East have their prices fixed;
    - the upper levels of the landowners buildings will provide fewer initial (ie those available just after conquest or building a new level) units (knights, fari etc) : before it was growing with the level of the building: 1,2,3,4, now it will be 1,2,2,2;
    - the Peasant units that have lingered in the descr_rebel file and could be spawned as brigands or rebels were deleted - so the should not appear in the rebellions anymore;
    - some bugfixes for units.

THE MONGOLS
    - overall, replenishement pools lowered accross the board;
    - in particular, their noble ("knight") units: 1. can be recruited only in the steppes (HR cumans) and turkic lands (HR turks); 2. even their highest level of Landowners building provides very limited number of those units.

BUILDINGS
    - Oasis - regional building available in 9 desert provinces (Africa, Middle East, Persia);
    - Kasr - regional building available in 8 African provinces where the Berbers lived;
    - Stavkirke - regional building in Scandinavia, factional building for Norway;
    - Petrova Crkva - unique building for the Orthodox in Ras;
    - The Great Crane - uniqe building in Gdansk;
    - Palazzo - regional building for Italy (combined with slight recoding of availability of Norman Stronghold building), it has a few upper levels for city of Venice and Milano;
    - review of benefits of certain buildings (eg. Farms will provide more benefits from grain after Scythe historical event);
    - numerous retouches of the building pics, see examples:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Recently the Orthodox churches got shining white crosses, the EE dirt roads look different, the EE inn is replaced with a different pic, the mint has a different basis (or maybe only after it's built, I don't remember):

Here you can see new pics for the EE cisterns, brothel, a bit resized farms, and the white crosses over the churches

SCRIPTS
    - Bedouin invasions (events plus scripted stochastic raids in 26 provinces around deserts);
    - Catalan company invasions (events plus scripted stochastic raids in 15 provinces where historically it could happen);
    - a dozen of faction-related historical special events;
    - many fixes to factions' evolutions scripts;
    - a few more settlement-name-changes-after-conquest;
    - improvements to the aggressivity mechanism.

LESSER IMPROVEMENTS
    - the traits of the generals leading rebellions after conquest of a province (sometimes they provide an army to the player) have been modified so that they have all the necessary traits, and would be (marginally) useful also for the player;
    - 20 unique pictures to be assigned to the initial or scripted generals (Bedouin generals, intial: Almoravids, Poland);
    - initial Princesses will have slightly better stats, added princess for KoJ;
    - initial composition of Almoravid and other armies adjusted.

AI & DIPLOMACY
    - another round of adjustments in scripting the diplomacy and the AI decisions - by @Macaras;
    - the bonuses (discounts) provided by the core buildings for construction for the AI has been significantly increased - the AI should be able to undertake construction of the buildings even in situation when it fields large armies that upkeep devours all of its money (from the other side - bankrupcy - it is saved by the from the anti-bankruptcy script: as a result it will have not enough to recruit new units but enough to finance new buildings).

ANCILLARIES
    - a dozen of pics of ancillaries replaced by new versions;
    - many pics were edited to provide the background's colour similar to the window's background (ie blurred dark yellow);
    - 3 lacking Provincial Titles added (now all provinces have PTs);
    - some bugs in the triggers, benefits and descriptions fixed.

AGENTS
    - the AI factions can recruit priests also at the lower church levels (the player still cannot);
    - recruitment of priests for the pagan AI factions reviewed;
    - recruitment of the diplomats slightly adjusted;
    - in case of a few factions that received new unique buildings in this patch (i.e. Serbia, Pisa, Norway) recruitment of the intial agents moved to those buildings.

FIXES, FIXES
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    Just fixed a huge typo where pl_ec_id was used as an event counter when it should be used as a regular counter.
    Bovi's tool is very usefull for picking this, in the scrip.error.log file it outputs.

or the Notre Dame not buildable if the player is not France.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; May 05, 2023 at 06:53 AM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Libertus

Awesome, I will test it this night if I can

Awesome! Regarding the "Scripts" section: are there any factions (e.g. Norway or Rum) whose faction mechanics were incomplete but are now considered more complete in 0.99?

I don't know about faction evolution. It'll depend on my interests. And I've got little time these days as I've got an intensive RL.

------------
    Guys The Testers,
    You've already provided some feedback on the issues that are of our (devs) interests, but I'd like to list the issues we're interested in you experience and opinions on:
    [A] Armies that emerge after a province is conquered (when you conquer - there'll be an AI army, while sometimes you'd be given an army when the AI conquers something);
    [B] The evolution of Notre Dame - have you seen it and when, were you able to build other stuff after it happened?
    [C] The evolution of the Latin universities - there are a few events related to it
    [D] Special uprisings - have you seen them (eg in Vienna)
    [E] Regional buildings evolution (Hansa, Norman Stronholds, Rus Monasteries, Palazzo) - have you experienced the progression? what do you think?
    [F] Relative abundance / deprivation of the the missile troops (archers / crossbows / horse archers) - this was a major change, I think.
    [G] The princesses - it the script working for you? How do you assess the number of them in-game? Do you marry them off or use as diplomats?
    [H] Supply traits and associated costs (and additional cost in general) - does it make any change to your game?
    [I] Traits: number of the battles / of years as governor - does you check it, or you'd consider it redundant?
    [J] Pictures: have you comments (specific/general) on the pictures that accompany the events?
    [K] How aggressive the AI is? Does it start the wars? How often? Are there many wars between the AI factions?
    [L] Have you seen the AI Faction Leaders with crowns?
    [M] Have you experienced problems with AI priests (no many of them) and with the college of cardinals?

I completely understand. Excited to see the new changes.

Eii Jurand i downloaded the last version and for now i noticed 4 little things"
    1. Regional building called stavkirke, only i see them for norwegians at the beginning of the game, not for danish ( i think that building was for all scandinavian territory)
    2. Black troops for fatimids, now at the beginning of the game only i can recruit sudan warriors for egyptians, not sudan spearmen or sudan archers, we need some event for them?
    3. Welsh longbowmen finally start in 1251... I thought you were finally going to make them available early game as mercenaries as I explained above about its use since the 7th century by the Welsh...
    4.I have noticed that berber pikemen are no longer recruitable either in the barracks or in the ksar, has this unit been removed from the game?
    Last edited by j.a.luna; May 05, 2023 at 09:29 AM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Eii Jurand i downloaded the last version and for now i noticed 4 little things"
    1. Regional building called stavkirke, only i see them for norwegians at the beginning of the game, not for danish ( i think that building was for all scandinavian territory)
    2. Black troops for fatimids, now at the beginning of the game only i can recruit sudan warriors for egyptians, not sudan spearmen or sudan archers, we need some event for them?
    3. Welsh longbowmen finally start in 1251... I thought you were finally going to make them available early game as mercenaries as I explained above about its use since the 7th century by the Welsh...
    4.I have noticed that berber pikemen are no longer recruitable either in the barracks or in the ksar, has this unit been removed from the game?
    ad. 1 - for Norway everwhere, for the Latins in Norway
    ad. 2 - two units were removed, Archers for sure, also spearmen as well. Unhistorical and redundant. Will be replaced by something more useful.
    ad. 3 - no time was availlable for review of the recruitment in Britain
    ad. 4 - they are recruitable later, in line with appearance of the pikemen elsewhere

Libertus

Playing England on VH
    - While fighting welsh rebels I noticed the AI's longbowmen deploying stakes during the battle, its not limited to the deploying phase, thats great !
    - The saxon spearmen are too expensive with little quality to justify their recruitment, spear militias or even norman sergenat have better price-quality ratios
    - There are no ancilary to manually select the next heir after succession
    - speaking of succession, my king died of old age, but his son-in-law (who was the heir) wasn't elected as the new ruler, strangely his 2 year old son was

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    ad. 1 - for Norway everwhere, for the Latins in Norway
    ad. 2 - two units were removed, Archers for sure, also spearmen as well. Unhistorical and redundant. Will be replaced by something more useful.
    ad. 3 - no time was availlable for review of the recruitment in Britain
    ad. 4 - they are recruitable later, in line with appearance of the pikemen elsewhere
    Ok Jurand but for ad.2 I thought that they did have a wide variety of African troops such as Sudanese archers and African shield walls (mainly infantry in the Fatimid armies). I give you some information in the fatimids threat about their army, maybe kostic could make new african troops, i think that only "Sudan warriors" are very littile for represent all these black troops, furthemore almoravids and almohads also used black guard troops and they also were elite infantry of personal guard of sultan ( shields, spears)
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16141281
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Libertus

Playing as england
    The scotish faction disapeared after the death of its king.
    three free rebel province but the campaign is now too much easy

I am testing the new may-version with Poland, H/H, now at turn 50. So far very stable, KI is not very aggressive, had a war though with Lithuania, when I conquered Twangste. But it is still early in the campaign, I acted very precautionous, so I can't say much about this. Also, there are less feudal units, which is good. But: the college of cardinals is starting to empty up again. So far 6 free seats, the cardinals die and are not replaced. It seems to me, that this major problem is still not solved in the new version. I have seen, that you discuss it in another thread. Can ypu give me some suggestions for what I could change in the files at this point so that I could observe, if the situation maybe starts to improve? Best regards and thank you for the work!

Can ypu give me some suggestions for what I could change in the files at this point so that I could observe, if the situation maybe starts to improve? Best regards and thank you for the work!
    QKuhlmann, so far we found few factors that contribute to the number of agents:

1. Lowering the recruit priority in export_descr_unit - https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16139458

2. Lowering the cost of agents in descr_character and descr_cultures.

3. Raising the limits in EDB - https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16141575

4. Adjusting some factros in capaign_db - https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16138868

It would be nice if you share your observations, so we have more data for the improvements that needs to be done..

Quote Originally Posted by QKuhlmann View Post
    I am testing the new may-version with Poland, H/H, now at turn 50. So far very stable, KI is not very aggressive, had a war though with Lithuania, when I conquered Twangste. But it is still early in the campaign, I acted very precautionous, so I can't say much about this. Also, there are less feudal units, which is good. But: the college of cardinals is starting to empty up again. So far 6 free seats, the cardinals die and are not replaced. It seems to me, that this major problem is still not solved in the new version. I have seen, that you discuss it in another thread. Can ypu give me some suggestions for what I could change in the files at this point so that I could observe, if the situation maybe starts to improve? Best regards and thank you for the work!
    Hi QK,
    great you've having fun! Upload your save, pls!
    Play at VH/VH, I'd think it's up to your experience. There're new mechanisms at this difficulty, it'd be interesting to know how do you find them.
    JoC

Quote Originally Posted by JB59114 View Post
    Playing England on VH
    - While fighting welsh rebels I noticed the AI's longbowmen deploying stakes during the battle, its not limited to the deploying phase, thats great !
    - The saxon spearmen are too expensive with little quality to justify their recruitment, spear militias or even norman sergenat have better price-quality ratios
    - There are no ancilary to manually select the next heir after succession
    - speaking of succession, my king died of old age, but his son-in-law (who was the heir) wasn't elected as the new ruler, strangely his 2 year old son was
    ad. stakes - interesting, I didn't know it. I'm not sure it's historical.
    ad. Saxon Spearmen - I think they have enough better stats and especially they are more numerous in a unit, to justify their price
    ad. Next Heir - not implemented.
    ad. succession - the intial heir is indeed Henry: "character_record Henry Plantagenet, male, age 0, alive, current_heir"
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; May 09, 2023 at 05:42 PM.

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I have a question about gameplay: Has this mod changed how the mongol invasions work in any way? Because right now at turn 300 they seem pretty unstoppable.

I conquered Thrace, including Constantinople, as Venice, and I'm trying to aid Rus and Hungary as best I can so they don't come near my borders but they just keep pumping out more troops.

Should I just leave them to their fate and retreat into my castles? Is there any scripted event that weakens them?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Also, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, let me know if it isn't.

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by greywarden View Post
    I have a question about gameplay: Has this mod changed how the mongol invasions work in any way? Because right now at turn 300 they seem pretty unstoppable.

I conquered Thrace, including Constantinople, as Venice, and I'm trying to aid Rus and Hungary as best I can so they don't come near my borders but they just keep pumping out more troops.

Should I just leave them to their fate and retreat into my castles? Is there any scripted event that weakens them?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Also, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, let me know if it isn't.
    Hi @greywarden,
    First - upload your save! And say if you're using the May 23 version, or the September 22 one. (and tell which difficulty are your playing)
    Second, yes, there are new measures weaking the Mongols. First, the availability of the heavy units was lowered. Second, there's a new script made by @Macaras that prompts uprisings once they're bit. We don't know if these measures are enough, so thanks for reporting!
    JoC