Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW! SSHIP ver. 0.98 - March 27th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 ver. September 8th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    @Dennis Verbruggen: Version 098 is more stable and more complete than 097. I strongly advise you to install it !
    For this, be aware that there is no longer an SS6.3 folder, but you will have to unzip SSHIP 098 in a folder named SSHIP_098 (Respect the writing so that it is recognized by the mod's configuration file !)
    This folder is not created when decompressing the .zip by default, which is why some players do not understand why their game does not launch.
    Once the SSHIP_098 folder is installed in the mods folder, you just need to find the SSHIP 098 launcher.bat to launch the game.

@K_med2: Your experience is all the more interesting for me as I am currently pursuing a campaign with France, myself in VH/VH. I'm at 1186 and you could see my progress in the thread of screenshots/campaign maps.
    What's good is that I didn't play the same way as you, remaining at peace with the English for a long time. The HRE began attacking me seriously around 1160 and has not granted a ceasefire until today, so it has been my constant adversary for 26 years !
    That's what I like about this game: each campaign can be different even when using the same faction.

Flaws that I have not yet noticed and which seem to be demotivating for your campaign:

1 - be forced to go through the spy to capture a city because the pope threatens excommunication from the first round of siege
    2 - the degradation of the royal family for lack of wars and the fact that the heirs are chosen by the sickest generals
    3 - the inflation of the treasure to the point of no longer fearing any opponent

In my case, the battles follow one after the other (almost only against the holy empire) and prevent me from building. Almost all my money goes into recruiting units.
    Thanks for you reply, the thing is that I have to launch from the stream launcher using: --features.mod=mods/SS6.3 etc because of me playing the game from a mac. Because of this I do not have an .exe file (It instantly CTD's) if I use the folder name. I can try renaming Medieval II Total War.app like in the guide but I will still not be an .exe. The folder transfer works because of the ss launcher being included in the full folder install. I really want to use this upgrade. Are there other people who got it working on mac?

Kindly,

Dennis

I am having a very enjoyable campaign currently as Denmark, almost 150 turns in now. I prefer to play a relatively slow campaign and role-play; my campaign difficulty is Hard.

The mod is playing quite well for me; I try to add some constructive input on my experience:

- I have observed a decline in the number of cardinals; at the lowest it was 3 but the number has since rebounded to 6. It has not been a bother to me so far.

- Due to the recruitment times and perhaps the costs, defeating an enemy field army is impactful to the balance of power in a war, certainly over the short term.

- I think your decision to disable the AI's siege weapons is the right call.

- Building decisions have a strong impact on city development, growth, and income.

- The education and battle experience system is working great. I did disable some of the battlefield dread inducing checks after a battle.

- Aging and death can be very painful. Why does it always seem that the good die young? I have a totally useless 75 year old wanna-be crusader general that I "had" to drop off in Greece because he was slowing down my fleet. He just.... wont..... die.

- I still haven't figured out how to manage my family tree. This is especially true this campaign, because my 2nd King of Danish blood had 4 daughters! Any tips would be appreciated.

- Mongols have not invaded yet so I cannot comment on their invincibility.

In general I am finding that my decisions are having a strong impact on character and Kingdom. Great job and looking forward to the next iteration!

@K_med2

Regarding the legitimacy of your heir, the popup description of the character's "heir" trait will specify whether or not the heir will become a legitimate King, a usurper, or a regent. I have found this to be accurate, although a regent has turned into a usurper on me before, which might be due to his traits. Their is also a "claimant" and "weak claimant" trait.

As an aside, I noticed that I have a true blooded Danish son of a past King who has been named regent instead of legitimate King; not sure why, but he did marry his 1st cousin which might have something to do with it.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; March 01, 2023 at 02:40 AM. Reason: posts merged

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_TotalWar View Post
    I am having a very enjoyable campaign currently as Denmark, almost 150 turns in now. I prefer to play a relatively slow campaign and role-play; my campaign difficulty is Hard.
    The mod is playing quite well for me; I try to add some constructive input on my experience:
    Upload screenshots along what's in these here, @Alex, if you'd be kind enough, or just upload a save.

I kind of got it to run. But now it crashes when I want to start a grand campaign. I Unzipped using wineskin) I Think it just ins't in the stars for mac steam users...

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Verbruggen View Post
    I kind of got it to run. But now it crashes when I want to start a grand campaign. I Unzipped using wineskin) I Think it just ins't in the stars for mac steam users...
    Sorry, no one in the team plays the mod on Mac, so we can't offer any support for it...
    But if you're not on m1 or m2 chips, I recomand you dualbooting with bootcamp or running a virtual machine.
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

In the next version, the Tourney building will be available only later in the 12th century, and at different time in the Central and North/East Europe:

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

My campaign with France with this thread's version only encountered 3 crashes in 150 turns during battles. Generally, restarting the battle solves the problem and the bug no longer appears. Unfortunately, this time, with this 3rd crash, the battle crashes on each attempt.
    I listed each of the units present to see if the problem would be due to a problem of unit or incompatibility between units present... but that's not it. By redoing a custom battle in a battle with the same units on both sides, I don't have a crash.

The mystery of this crashing battle therefore remains intact.
    A BAI problem? (battle artificial intelligence)

You can test it on your PC to check if this battle also crashes on your computer by downloading the saved game of my campaign just before the battle: campaign battle bug

I tried your save just for the fun of it and it doesn't crash for me. Didn't try to win the battle. This is so strange because just a month ago I was talking to a friend who is also playing september 2022 version of SSHIP and he gets a crash every 20 turns or so, and i played a campaign for 570 turns with just 2 crashes. Have no idea why this is. Maybe its the OS? My friend has win10 and I still use win7. Or perhaps the different versions of medieval 2? Some people use steam, some still use old dvd versions. No clue. Waiting for the newest update eagerly!

Thanks for trying my battle , but did you take the time to get the fight right ? In my case, the crash happens roughly when the opposing units come into contact.

There is indeed a new version in preparation, but I cannot tell you when it will be put online...

Hi,
    Is there a problem with the zip file? I can't extract it properly. I get 23107 lines of data error thus missing files at the end of the extraction so nothing can work.
    I'm no engineer but I played a few MTW Mods through the years among other things so I should be able to simply extract that.
    Thanks for your help.Enable GingerCannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection
    or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldRephraseRephrase current sentenceEdit in Ginger×

There is indeed a new version in preparation, but I cannot tell you when it will be put online...
    Theoretically, and if everything goes well, the new version would be in this month of March, right?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

I think i may have found a bug, I cannot build farms and estates in Sivas when i conquered the city even though i have (had) quarries there. I tried demolishing the quarries but now i cannot even build the quarries itself again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleischersatz View Post
    I think i may have found a bug, I cannot build farms and estates in Sivas when i conquered the city even though i have (had) quarries there. I tried demolishing the quarries but now i cannot even build the quarries itself again.
    ok i just found out you have to demolish the nomad encampment building first. Everything is fine
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; March 29, 2023 at 04:34 AM. Reason: posts merged

Hey guys, some news about new release? It is almost finished March... Maybe is delaying due to new content or problems with beta?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

The release of the new version will be made when certain adjustments have been made. Particularly at the level of unit recruitment. @Jurand - the maintainer of the EDB file - said he would have time around the Easter holidays.
    We will therefore have to be patient and accept the idea that the new version will only be released in April.

The release of the new version will be made when certain adjustments have been made. Particularly at the level of unit recruitment. @Jurand - the maintainer of the EDB file - said he would have time around the Easter holidays.
    We will therefore have to be patient and accept the idea that the new version will only be released in April.
    Ok thank you for the information kostic! So we will have to wait until April
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Quote Originally Posted by Fleischersatz View Post
    ok i just found out you have to demolish the nomad encampment building first. Everything is fine
    yep, it's well described in the building description:
    {grasslands}Grazing Lands
    {grasslands_desc}In contrary to the upcoming trend of farming a regions lands, some nomad people like the Qipchaqs or the Mongols use it mainly for feeding their horses. Treating a province as Grazing Lands is the basic way of nomads to exploit its potential for their use.\n\nHowever, the dangers of the nomads roaming about prevent the development of the urban life in the province. In particular, the Quarries that are pre-requisite for many urban buildings, will not be possible to be built. In practice, it means that you need to demolish this building to build it up to the upper levels (unless it is a desert or steppe province - then a build up is not possible anyway).
    {grasslands_desc_short}Grazing Lands to feed and breed horses.

{nomad_encampment}Nomad Encampment
    {nomad_encampment_desc}In contrary to the upcoming trend of farming a regions lands, some nomad people like the Qipchaq or the Mongols use it mainly for feeding their horses. After converting your surrounding regions to grazing lands, we can now build an encampment to attract nomads to live in and fight for this region.\n\nHowever, the dangers of the nomads roaming about prevent the development of the urban life in the province. In particular, the Carpenter Workshops that are pre-requisite for many urban buildings, will not be possible to be built. This way of development of the province will be thus closed. Mind that for certain steppe and desert provinces it is closed anyway - it's not possible to build roads on the steppes or in the deserts.
    {nomad_encampment_desc_short}A Nomad Encampment to retrain and recruit local steppe people and warriors.

{nomad_headquarters}Nomad Headquarters
    {nomad_headquarters_desc}This represents the final step to creating a nomad society within our region. The encampment of the nomads will grow, they will get a headquarter for the more noble or higher ranked warriors.
    {nomad_headquarters_desc_short}A Nomad Headquarter to retrain and recruit more advanced local steppe people and warriors.\n\nHowever, the dangers of the nomads roaming about prevent development of the urban life in the province. In particular, the Logging Camps and the Community Farming that are both pre-requisite for many urban buildings, will not be possible to be built. This way of development of the province will be thus closed. Mind that for certain steppe and desert provinces it is closed anyway - it's not possible to build roads on the steppes or in the deserts.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That sounds like a great idea, but do you start to loose your horse archers and begin to use a sedentary type army?

@Jurand of Cracow
    When will the March 2023 version be released? We have entered the month of April. I'm curious about the new version.

Hello Together,
    Im new here, hope thats the right spot for my question

In Stainless Steal and even RR/RC Submod you still have the SS_Setup.exe to change Translation and Campaign settings.....
    But sadly in the best submod (SSHIP) ^^ you dont have the setup, so any chance to get the German Text in SSHIP ? Its ok not to get some mod texts in german but atleast for the basegame text it shoud be possible to get the german Translation?
    Hope someone can help me!
    Greetings from The Holy Roman Empire (Germany)

Quote Originally Posted by MagicFatMan View Post
    Hello Together,
    Im new here, hope thats the right spot for my question

In Stainless Steal and even RR/RC Submod you still have the SS_Setup.exe to change Translation and Campaign settings.....
    But sadly in the best submod (SSHIP) ^^ you dont have the setup, so any chance to get the German Text in SSHIP ? Its ok not to get some mod texts in german but atleast for the basegame text it shoud be possible to get the german Translation?
    Hope someone can help me!
    Greetings from The Holy Roman Empire (Germany)
    The SSHIP is in English, despite the current team is French-Polish-American. Most (all?) the texts were modified so they're in Englih.
    I don't think it's possible to have the base game texts in another language but the menus, helps and other system-related parts.
    JoC

Quote Originally Posted by Berk View Post
    @Jurand of Cracow
    When will the March 2023 version be released? We have entered the month of April. I'm curious about the new version.
    Hmm... I'm sorry but I still haven't devoted time to make the necessary changes adapting the work of @kostic to the EDB.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; April 03, 2023 at 02:24 PM.