Thread: I declair TGC mod dead.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Icon4 I declair TGC mod dead.

It has been a long run (15 years) of that journey. Too many unfortunate events happened. Great modders quit modding. For some time new modders gave the mod a new hope that lasted 2-3 years. But unforthunatly it was not enough.
    Even a month ago a new hope arised with poetntial new help..but with sudden stop...Maybe the future is not the development forums but personal Discord Channels. I am too old to start from square 1.
    For that reason I woudl like to thank all those that became part of TGC Fellowship in this long journey. But it was not ment to be completed. After all nothing I have started in my live ever ended.
    I would like to thank all our dedicated fans that all those years waited beside me to see this mod happen. Making a historical mod was a big mistake. If I would made a fiction mod more help would come but that question will never be answered.
    I am bit disapointed. Other mods recieve all the help they need from many modders but TGC for a reason never got the help it needed. It seams that I am in a kind of black list when it comes to help issue. So be it.
    For last.

TO MAKE IT CLEAR :

No material used in TGC is a free source. No one has the right to use models/textures or fragments of them for their mods.
    Ofcourse scripters that contributed with the work have the right to share their work with other mods because its their work.

No one has the permision to continue its development with my writen permision. No submods allowed over the last released beta version.

I CAME , I SAW, I DISAPOINTED AND I WITHDRAW.
    AnthoniusII Member of the Roman Nobillity (wy 1st sig in TWC when I came here).
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; September 21, 2022 at 09:05 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: I declair TGC mod dead.

Thanks, AnthoniousII for the mod and possibility to play it. I hope you'll resurrect the mod after some time. It's always been fun to see new things created by you.
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

This is bad news, bad news indeed. For a mod to reach 0.98 and be abandoned before the final factions are completed is indeed sad. You have my sympathies, Antonius and I hope all the best.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    This is bad news, bad news indeed. For a mod to reach 0.98 and be abandoned before the final factions are completed is indeed sad. You have my sympathies, Antonius and I hope all the best.
    0.98 would be the new release data that will never be released. If TGC would be a SS or TATW submod many modders would offer their aid...
    That ia one reason. The other reason is that many "friends" seam that do not like me "enough" to help me...All i got was promices -one was about 3 years of waiting and when he responded he said yes but never shown-...
    THE other reason is that modders now focus on Rome I Remaster.
    THAT IS LIFE. Who knows maybe from the underworld my soul will see this mod completed.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

More disappointing is the approach taken to its legacy, intended to strip its very existence or any good coming from its time from future projects or at the very least tightly control it from the spout regarding future permission. I'm not surprised, but oh well. Do what you need to do. I won't argue about the right to do it, merely comment on the way it was done.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post
    More disappointing is the approach taken to its legacy, intended to strip its very existence or any good coming from its time from future projects or at the very least tightly control it from the spout regarding future permission. I'm not surprised, but oh well. Do what you need to do. I won't argue about the right to do it, merely comment on the way it was done.
    I helped many modders and some mods that now are in full release and playable, in return TGC got NOTHING. Why give more than already have given? Is this team the TWC "suckers" that worked for others to enjoy their mods with our work and efforts and see our work in TWC modders "black list" in term of helping even in the simpliest issues?

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Many thanks to you and everyone who worked on TGC, this sounds like a very impressive mod.

Based on over 9,000 replies and 1.6 million views on your TGC main discussion thread, it looks like TGC has been valued by a lot of players in the 13 years since the main discussion thread began.

Good luck to you and all the TGC modders in future!

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Many thanks to you and everyone who worked on TGC, this sounds like a very impressive mod.

Based on over 9,000 replies and 1.6 million views on your TGC main discussion thread, it looks like TGC has been valued by a lot of players in the 13 years since the main discussion thread began.

Good luck to you and all the TGC modders in future!
    Valued by players but not by modders that DENIED over and over again to offer help for more than 10 years now i beg for help. So TGC value was a THREAT to modders that may thought that TGC is a competitive to their own mods evene when we proven that we were always there to help them in matters we know. In matters we do not know we had "3 years before we have an answer that was yes but proven no" , " be member of my discord channell or I wont help you" or worst "I do not give a learn it your self" not to mention more offensive denials! So that pushed me to the limits...Enough. Go to my deleted Tutorials and read "reason for delete" to see what i wrote. Unforthunatly its true.

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

its really sad to hear.i understand u well.except my bc and ss submods i abondened 3 big mod project.its really impossible to finish alone.important one is you anton.take a rest.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

This arenīt the best news, but maybe a medieval II remastered is on the near horizont and can fix the issues TGC-build had in itīs past. In itīs legacy and quality, TGC is a masterpiece and very much care and love was flooding into itīs assets.
    iīm looking forwards as the mod was in hiatus for some time and rejoined forces.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by karaislam View Post
    its really sad to hear.i understand u well.except my bc and ss submods i abondened 3 big mod project.its really impossible to finish alone.important one is you anton.take a rest.
    This recalls me of one entry I've written about AMaM mod.

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    This arenīt the best news, but maybe a medieval II remastered is on the near horizont and can fix the issues TGC-build had in itīs past. In itīs legacy and quality, TGC is a masterpiece and very much care and love was flooding into itīs assets.
    iīm looking forwards as the mod was in hiatus for some time and rejoined forces.
    Medeival 2 TW Remaster wont solve any problems simply because it will require a W10 64bits with new graphics card and inn general a new PC , a thing that many -including me - can not afford to buy in this crisis.
    In order to TGC to proceed needed the :
    • The main Roman rebelion 2 years before Varangian Guard is available.
    • The change of the East Frankish Princes and HRE ususrpers from rebels to shadow factions
    • The change of Kometopouloi rebelion to Rulling dyansty change and emerge the Bulgarian Usurpers.
    • The Serbian and Moravian misions.
    • The transformation of HRE to succesor of EF and not a horde faction.
    • The final recruitment system for Crete and the rest of Islamic factions as well -later -the recruitment sytem of Serbians and Moravians

All these are scripts ...Calistonian made some changes but in the 1st bug disapeared. _tartaros_ now had another priority and Jurceck simply is commited 100% to Tsardoms.
    Gigantus has too many obligations around the site , that means i left alone with no knowlege of what it needs to be done...

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

to be fair - scripts arenīt that important to any game. They are candy. TGC up to now have many unique scriptīs like the buffer regions script and the "prisoner of war" + tonīs of smaller ones.
    they will give flavor and historical background, but arenīt essential for this "total war" kind of games. Here we need a good working map, alot of good looking units that can make good looking battles and an interesting setting for the campaign. buildings and mechanics may be some salt, but TGC had those too.
    In my opinion, too many scripts make the campaign to much streamlined and if the scripts arenīt working as intended, they cause more trouble than usage.

My two cents: You can stil focus on the unit creation and putting them into the build. the amount of work here never was done in the first place or never really materialized on the ground. Factionīs like Bulgaria and the long talked about islamic roster recreation didnīt take place in the years iīve waited for them to continue coding. the reason for me to move on to a new project was the unproductive waiting for the get go. you may remember that the venicianīs and papal units where coded into the build within a week and released with updates wihtin a month. after about one year of waiting. Modding is a working in hands - in TGC you as the Leader are the first Hand. If the first hand doesnīt deliver, nothing can will be done. I donīt want to blame you for this, because you had your trouble and reasons for the delay and iīve waited years in order to get things going.

blaming others they didnīt help isnīt doing the mod any favoir. As i said, you as the Modleader are the first hand that need to go forwards by creating assets like units a.s.o.
    For the mod: if this doesnīt happen, the mod stays where it stands due to inactivity.

Good evening friends! I want to thank all the guys who participated in the work on the mod! Mod awesome, units are made well just off the top of my head! Hopefully fatigue, and with it depression, will go to hell! And then with new energy, with new ideas and get to work, huh? All the best, health and all the best!!!

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

I have to agree with Tartaros, scripts are superfluous. Do what you can and release it, seems to be the best course of action.

Hate to burst your bubble but King Kong did at least 80% of the work in TATW and probably in SS as well. And a lot of mods are either solo projects or projects where the mod leader does the lion's share of the work.

Thinking that big or popular mods get a ton of help is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    I have to agree with Tartaros, scripts are superfluous. Do what you can and release it, seems to be the best course of action.

Hate to burst your bubble but King Kong did at least 80% of the work in TATW and probably in SS as well. And a lot of mods are either solo projects or projects where the mod leader does the lion's share of the work.

Thinking that big or popular mods get a ton of help is simply wrong.
    TGC was never a leader's project. How could it be?
    Absinthia
    Matthaeus
    Sumskilz
    Socal Infidel
    Baselieos =2nd=
    Koultouras
    Those were some of the greatest modelers ever...For textures? Who can deny the worth of:
    Leif Erikson
    Pacco
    Sumskilz
    Socal Infidel and the rest but the two first ones were 2 of the best skinners ever passed from TWC... So that is why i call my self "frankestein" I "steal" a fragment from each ones work and create something entirely new.
    Maybe you and _tartaros_ are right. What I can do before Gigantus find some time , before Calistonian returns ,before a IWTE master will help us because _tartaros_ in his attempts made some things worst but i do not blame him because at least HE TRIED!
    I will start frfom what i have in my hands and fill some gaps. For example i have Lombards and i can make their TGC portraits , portraits can be made for several ready factions like Rus , Pechenegs and Turcomans. Those changes do not affect the core of the game and it can be a plug and play subversion of the curent data. Luis please if you know womeone to hel us in IWTE matters (we need simple changes) we can offer to your mods and his/her everything he/she will ask. I talked with Araval and told him about ellite elvish horses , Dale armored horses and i could make horses for the south peoples! Paradamed and I already deleived two versions of such horses ages ago. I beg for help and i am willing to trade for it. In the meanwhile it will be a first class oportunity making Bulgarians (re-making them) to use them as examples for my HUGE Realism/Gravity Tutorial. I still hope...but as you can understand more than many others hope is like a cundle that becomes less and less while fire is upon it.

For permision policy read the 1st post. For more comments use the general discussion thread.

An update after an emotional message by a friend of mine that sees TGC as a "life boat" against depresion.
    I will refrash old style unit models to our lastest style like i did with Lombards.
    Normans will be the first adding the lance waving banner animation to them and replace their old heads with the head pack Razor was kind enough to sent me.
    Next will be the Bulgarians. That is an oportunity to replace the oldest models in TGC and create their shadow faction by creating new textures. The faction already has a semi final recruitment system.
    That will give me time to seak help - IF SOME ARE STILL WILLING OFFER SOME - in scripting and IWTE tool. I beg all IWTE tool masters to help us (we do not require huge changes) to help TGC. Before i leave this world I want to leave TGC as my legacy.. After the TGC 1.0 Official release half of the material will be free to use by any mod like Rusochi Team did many years ago and changed modding for ever! If any one knows a IWTE tool master or a scripter just tell him/her to contct me. This is the last chance to see TGC alive as it worth to be (NOW we have AZTEC CITIES FOR BULGARIANS).