Thread: Food historians, may you take a guess? What is the most likely food the person was chewing on in addition to the spaghetti?

Default Food historians, may you take a guess? What is the most likely food the person was chewing on in addition to the spaghetti?

Please look closely at the man from minutes 2:18 to 2:23.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvZzxrA2G8o&t=134s

I am talking about an unseen object the person fed into his mouth with his left hand.
    I know this is a weird question to ask of a video with many interesting scenes; I'm guessing that people were adding (what looks like) dried chili peppers to the plates of pasta, so that would make the most sense, but I just couldn't tell. Regardless of whether it was a chili pepper or something else, any historical reason as to why was it eaten in such a fashion?

Bonus question (if a bit morbid): do restaurants that experienced mob hits tend to suffer (e.g., in reputation and/or financing) or prosper (e.g., in tourism)?
    Last edited by No Bias FTW; September 03, 2022 at 07:40 AM.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: Food historians, may you take a guess? What is the most likely food the person was chewing on in addition to the spaghetti?

Scroll to 2:15. Chicken fingers or frog legs.

And they didn't wash hands. Disgusting!

Default Re: Food historians, may you take a guess? What is the most likely food the person was chewing on in addition to the spaghetti?

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    Scroll to 2:15. Chicken fingers or frog legs.

And they didn't wash hands. Disgusting!
    I thought they were chili peppers, lol.