Thread: How to add/remove custom music?

Default How to add/remove custom music?

Hi there,

TLDR: I'm desperately trying to understand how the new music system works in TWRR. Can you tell me how to add custom music to the game?

Longer version:

I've been modding old RTW for years but only recently have I tried my hand at TWRR. Today I lost a couple hours trying to understand how the music works in order to add my own custom music. I've tried a lot of things and I've read everything there is on the subject (that is, very little), and I still don't get it. I'm running out of ideas and I'm getting frustrated at people uploading music mods despite the (apparent) lack of documentation.

Unable to add my own custom music, I instead tried to revert the music from RTR:IS back to vanilla. For this I created a second mod and made sure every sound file from RTR:IS was replaced with its vanilla counterpart - e.g. 'data/descr_sound.txt' and the whole 'data/sounds' folder. Launching this on top of RTR:IS resulted in the menu music reverting back to vanilla, as intended, but I could still hear RTR music during the battles and I have no idea why. How does the game access files from RTR's 'data/sounds' folder, when all these files are supposed to be overwritten by their vanilla counterparts in my own mod? Why does it appear to overwrite RTR's music in the menu, as intended, but not in the battles? I'm sure it would all appear obvious if I knew how they added their own music in the first place.

Default Re: How to add/remove custom music?

Nevermind, I found all the info I needed here: https://github.com/FeralInteractive/...AudioPacker.md