Thread: [SUBOMD] Politics reforged [WIP]

Default [SUBOMD] Politics reforged [WIP]

There is no doubt that DeI has improved virtually every aspect of R2TW with one exception (in my opinion), which is the political system.
    I'm not surprised that exactly this aspect has been partially neglected, because even in the basic version it doesn't work properly, primarily due to the so-called third-party influence bug, which cannot be directly fixed and causes that at a certain stage of the game an attempt at nuanced balancing of the influence of individual parties is doomed to failure.
    To some extent, an attempt to solve this problem was made by @JackArmitrage in his PIGS, and so far his approach remains virtually the only possible one that can be adopted in this regard.

Thus, using the solutions adopted in PIGS (full credit for JackArmitrage for this), I have prepared a mod that aims:

1. to allow the player to balance the influence of individual political parties even after the previously mentioned bug has already occurred,
    2. to introduce mechanisms that will force the player to engage in managing the influence he has in the Senate by giving him diverse tools to do so, which have their advantages and disadvantages

I decided to achieve the above goals in the following way:

1. the purge option has been made available for the republic and renamed the influence reduction option, and the effect it produces has been increased (max 20% of the senators held but no more than 10% of their total number) while the penalty to loyalty has been reduced - thus the influence of the third party (and any other) can be significantly reduced in a few turns - and maintaining the balance between the parties is important since it translates into the strength of the opponent in a possible civil war, i.e. the number of provinces controlled (if I am wrong, please correct me),
    2. the option of securing loyalty gives a higher bonus but each time it involves a loss of influence in the senate (up to 10% of the total number of senators at a time), so a player can quickly reduce his level of influence,
    3. high influence gives additional bonuses ( particularly high in the case of the republic), but results in penalties to the loyalty of other parties, which will begin to bother the player in combination with penalties for high levels of the empire; low influence, however, gives bonuses to the loyalty of other parties
    4. at the same time, the temporary bonuses to the loyalty of the party whose general won the battle are increased very significantly (almost 10 times) - thus, in order for the player to maintain loyalty at a level that avoids civil war, while retaining the bonuses from the high level of influence, he will be forced to place armies in the command of generals from other parties (and thus fight more wars), but at risk losing those armies if civil war breaks out,
    5. the empire, on the other hand, provides a significant improvement in the loyalty of the other parties but at the expense of the high bonuses afforded by the republic at high levels of influence

At the moment, the introduced values have not been tested (which I intend to do in my own campaign, and I make no secret of the fact that I am counting on the help of other players here), and the changes apply only to republic gameplay. The mod certainly can't match the scale of PIGS (although I don't rule out changes in terms of other political actions), while I'm counting in this context on possible suggestions from other players, if anyone at all is interested in this kind of gameplay changes.

In the context of point 4, I was thinking of making the exchange of generals more difficult by eliminating the possibility of immediate replace of generals and limiting the possibility of recruiting them to the capital only.
    These solutions are achievable but only with the help of appropriate scripts, which unfortunately I can't write (however I tried) - OBSOLETE, SEE BELOW.

UPDATE 02.09.22

Now, apart from above described changes mod also:
    1/ completely removes the replacement general option from the game
    2/ restricts possibility of new generals' recruitment only to the capital region (proper description was added in tooltip)
    with following exceptions:
    - when your general dies you still get pop-up message to appoint new general (it cannot be changed and in my opinion is justified by the gameplay reasons)
    - you are still able to raise new fleets in every region with port (justified by the gameplay reasons)
    - you are stiill able to reinstate lost army in every settlement (could be disabled but again - I think it is at some point justified).
    In order to send your general on retirement you have to pass all the troops to other general and then disband general unit (which means that you will have to reinstate the disbanded army but it is some kind of necessary tradeoff).

Fully compatibile with current DeI version and change capital option implemented in the mod.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2877253443

RESTRICTED GENERAL RECRUITMENT STANDALONE VANILLA VERSION: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2857366872
    Last edited by K4mil; October 19, 2022 at 03:23 PM. Reason: update v. 0.2

Default Re: [SUBOMD] Politics reforged [WIP]

I am pleased to announce that after endless hours of experimenting (I dont have any professional knowledge about scripts, in fact in rl I am a lawyer) I managed to wrote a script that completely removes the replace general button and also restricts possibility for general recruitment only to the capital region (more details could be find in the first post). Script works with the change capital option implemented in DeI. Link in the first post was updated.
    Last edited by K4mil; September 01, 2022 at 06:06 PM.

Looking promising!

Great ideas

+rep