View Poll Results: Shall Maltacus get his Citizenship?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

0 0%

Thread: [Citizen] Maltacus (Patron: Dismounted Feudal Knight)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default [Citizen] Maltacus (Patron: Dismounted Feudal Knight)

Maltacus for Artifex

Greetings citizens. This is the first of what I hope to be several patronages.

Maltacus (profile) has been around since 2012 and has unfortunately gone under our radar during that time. Over the years he's put out mods, submods, minimods and considerable writing efforts. He was quickly responsive to my outreach, and he's expressed comfort in bearing the Artifex badge. But his citizenship shall be for three things; his modding background, his writing background, and his continuous history of being present, active and helpful.

• Modding: Maltacus is a strong creator for portraits and unit cards across many projects, and has produced multiple submods. He doesn't drop and go; his work has been supported for years after release. His work is well illustrated here. But for example, just look at this. Imo, simply achieving a gold legio and being present from there should be a solid contender.
    • Writing: Maltacus has completed several excellent after-action reports, which are advertised in his signature. I find them to be splendid works that could only come from a true fan of the series, which TWC is fortunate to be hosting. But wait. He's doing another one!
    • Activity: Maltacus is a long-term user, always returning and to this day adding more to the website. There's no reason to doubt that he'll be carrying on, perhaps for as long as the site remains. His post history and my recent interactions with him show him to be good humored, responsive, and the type who'd do justice to his badge. It would be our honor if he were to vote and participate in the Curia, and to our benefit even if he simply continued to do what he's doing.
    • Maltacus has offered an exclusive preview image, soon to be displayed in his latest AAR. It highlights his modding forte intersecting with writing. I find it mildly amusing.

For these reasons I believe Maltacus is entitled to citizenship, with all rights and "responsibilities" thereof. If there are any questions I shall answer or forward them to him for his response.

I haven't obliged him to make him drop his own bit; I'm satisfied by the interest he's expressed in the process by VM and PM and he's given a thumbsup to the post that's been sent. However I do feel obliged to offer Bill as tribute since Akar keeps trying to get pet pics from me.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    For your consideration,
    --Dismounted Feudal Knight
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

Default Re: [Citizen] Maltacus (Patron: Dismounted Feudal Knight)

Looks like exactly the kind of member in good standing who should be both rewarded for their contributions and encouraged to get involved here, if they're interested. Clearly deserving of citizenship. The effort put into the AARs is especially impressive, alongside the modding of course. Easy support from me.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Support, obiously.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Rolling 15d6.

Natural 42.

Support.

All jokes aside, Malthacus is clearly deserving of this and more.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

I've known Maltacus since I joined the WS Staff and he's always been an outstanding member. An easy support from me as well!

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Maltacus's writing is excellent. If anyone isn't familiar with it, I recommend An Orcs Tale (which was reviewed in the Critic's Quill) and the ongoing My Dread Lady.

I support this too.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Support.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Continued presence, modding and writing awards - that's an easy support.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

If my rank is apropriate to say something here is this.
    Support . Anyone that contributes in anyway tio modding evolution worths an aknowlegement,
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

I think an artifex and opifex is well qualified to comment on this....

It's all there, so support.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

The poll is up.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Voted in support.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

They have been quite a few modders who have gone unrecognized. Let's rectify this one.

SUPPORT

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Maltacus is now a Citizen
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader