View Poll Results: what would you do?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Try to lead a normal life/fix your capsule so you can continue sleeping. the suicide option will always be there, there is no rush.

4 50.00%
  • Search among the sleeping passengers for a person who can help you solve the problem and wake them up so that you can continue sleeping as planned.

1 12.50%
  • Wake up the horny passenger.

3 37.50%

Thread: The Passengers (2016) poll:

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Default The Passengers (2016) poll:

imdb synopsis: A malfunction in a sleeping pod on a spacecraft traveling to a distant colony planet wakes one passenger 90 years early.

chriscase's Avatar Chairman Miao
    Civitate Patrician

Default Re: The Passengers (2016) poll:

IIRC the horny passenger is the one who is already awake.

The first time I watched this movie I was sympathetic to the protagonist's impulse to wake up a companion. However on subsequent watches I have become increasingly uncomfortable with this decision, as it appears more and more deliberate and selfish. Of course he tries options 1 and 2 (which are more or less the right choices) but they don't really pan out. He asks for help from the authorities as well but that isn't forthcoming either.

Why is it that mysteries are always about something bad? You never hear there's a mystery, and then it's like, "Who made cookies?"
    - Demetri Martin

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chriscase View Post
    IIRC the horny passenger is the one who is already awake.
    true, I forgot that this could happen to a large percentage of the population

I only saw the movie once, I only remembered him reading manuals and trying to fix the capsule by himself.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Definitely option 3 for me, I'm not an hypocrite

(though as Chris says, we should probably call her the sexy passenger, since the horny one is him)
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader