Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Islam unit overhaul Released with patch 2.0

Default Islam unit overhaul Released with patch 2.0

Install 1191 build 2, then install patch 1, then install patch 2.
    CREDITS
    special thanks to Koultouras and Socal Infidel TGC, Matthaeus and Leif Eriskon and Pacco for any textures I used by mistake without giving credit in the past

Complete redo of unit models for Sultanate of Rum, Abbasid Caliphate, and Ayyubid dynasty. They are resources heavy but look great just FYI...
    -Huge thanks again to dolen for the majority of assets I modified for this mod. Also thanks to karaislam for the assets I used from broken cresent. on to pics...
    Rum

Ayyubid

Abbasid

Feedback is always welcome, the end.
    Last edited by Curt2013; August 14, 2022 at 09:17 AM.

Default Re: Islam unit overhaul Released with patch 2.0

I'm going to love this. Alas, I see no link to the patch.

When the link does arrive, I will assume that it is save game compatible.

Thanks Curt! I love Dolen's work too! Looking forward to playing with your take on Dolen combined with KaraIslam, but I can see from your screenshots that it's going to be awesome!

P.S. - i found it!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/a-medieva...-2-for-build-2

In testing Custom Battle, I found:
    Turkish Horse Archers have messed up textures.
    Janissary Infantry and Turkmen Spearmen cause a crash.

Everything else looks great!
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; August 14, 2022 at 05:05 AM.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Please ask permisions when you use other modders material. I am in charge of Koultoura's materialof Briken Cresent.
    Do you want me to point out how many of Koultouras and Socal Infidel TGC "borrowed" to Broken Cresent you still use?
    Even the shiled model I CREATED and the paterns Socal Infidel , Matthaeus and Leif Eriskon and Pacco created for TGC.
    I do not use the report button EVER but you should start to learn to use either your material made or ask permisions..Its unfair for those i mentioned that created those shield paterns not to see their names in the credits.
    Do you wishme start counting ?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Please ask permisions when you use other modders material. I am in charge of Koultoura's materialof Briken Cresent.<br>
    Do you want me to point out how many of Koultouras and Socal Infidel TGC "borrowed" to Broken Cresent you still use?<br>
    Even the shiled model I CREATED and the paterns Socal Infidel , Matthaeus and Leif Eriskon and Pacco created for TGC.<br>
    I do not use the report button EVER but you should start to learn to use either your material made or ask permisions..Its unfair for those i mentioned that created those shield paterns not to see their names in the credits.<br>
    Do you wishme start counting ?
    The only work on this update that I used was 95% from dolen, the other 5% came from belum crucis, and Elvasat's shield textures&nbsp;which have been given credit in main build description also. Now weather or not he used all original material I dont know, but that is were I got the assets and that is who I gave credit too.

When I 1st asked for permission to have my mod listed on tw center I was told to ask the appropriate sources and if no response was given after a reasonable amount of time that would suffice. If you would like to make a list of people who should be added to credits for every shield texture that would be great. Or if I need to replace some textures like last time I can do that too. It's just really confusing to distinguish whos work is who and so on, that's why a lot of times I'll point out for example broken cresent mod unknowingly a particular texture was made from who knows. I'm not trying to disrespect the modding folks by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    I'm going to love this. Alas, I see no link to the patch.

When the link does arrive, I will assume that it is save game compatible.

Thanks Curt! I love Dolen's work too! Looking forward to playing with your take on Dolen combined with KaraIslam, but I can see from your screenshots that it's going to be awesome!

P.S. - i found it!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/a-medieva...-2-for-build-2

In testing Custom Battle, I found:
    Turkish Horse Archers have messed up textures.
    Janissary Infantry and Turkmen Spearmen cause a crash.

Everything else looks great!
    fix is up on mod db have fun.

Thanks. Once again, as a fan, I can truly say your vision is fantastic!

hallo can it be that you did a fault in the code lines of the artillary units, like the me_ballista_crew, me_catapult_crew and the others, a fault with the moors, first you do, 5 moors, then for the attachments you put always 5 moorr, an r instead of a s? i did not check the artillary units in the game for the moors.

and thanks for the great update!
    getting older

All these shileds used by Koultouras for a Broken Crecent submod created 14years ago by Leif Erikson and Pacco for TGC...That is why Koultouras "thanks" TGC team to allow him ussing material.
    The shiled model originaly made by Ste-Fan and recreated by me 14yeard ago too.
    Being in a Broken cresent submod does not nessesary means its its property....I guess you have not contuct Koultouras to give you his permision atleast for his body textures that was his 100%.

The single blue shield is creation od Sumskilz and its free source but the brown with the 4 nails and the blue and brown with the round paterns are creations of Mattheuw foir TGC too.
    How do I know it...Each unit made from our modders and skinners passes from me more than 100 times to achieve the best result in such extent that Absinthia some day realised that i could recognise a different bow model that was a modification of an existing one by its UV maps...
    Just be more carefull when you "borrow" materials from other mods not free sources like Karaislam or Sumskilz ones , that they are 100% of the mod you take them.
    EDIT: In the workshop many modders published shield textures as free sources as long as they mentioned in credits like Paleologos for example.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; August 15, 2022 at 01:15 PM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    Thanks. Once again, as a fan, I can truly say your vision is fantastic!
    Awesome glad you like it hows the campaign going?

Quote Originally Posted by stevietheconquer View Post
    hallo can it be that you did a fault in the code lines of the artillary units, like the me_ballista_crew, me_catapult_crew and the others, a fault with the moors, first you do, 5 moors, then for the attachments you put always 5 moorr, an r instead of a s? i did not check the artillary units in the game for the moors.

and thanks for the great update!
    it was done on purpose to save time in other code.

Enjoy the mod.

All these shileds used by Koultouras for a Broken Crecent submod created 14years ago by Leif Erikson and Pacco for TGC...That is why Koultouras "thanks" TGC team to allow him ussing material.
    The shiled model originaly made by Ste-Fan and recreated by me 14yeard ago too.
    Being in a Broken cresent submod does not nessesary means its its property....I guess you have not contuct Koultouras to give you his permision atleast for his body textures that was his 100%.

The single blue shield is creation od Sumskilz and its free source but the brown with the 4 nails and the blue and brown with the round paterns are creations of Mattheuw foir TGC too.
    How do I know it...Each unit made from our modders and skinners passes from me more than 100 times to achieve the best result in such extent that Absinthia some day realised that i could recognise a different bow model that was a modification of an existing one by its UV maps...
    Just be more carefull when you "borrow" materials from other mods not free sources like Karaislam or Sumskilz ones , that they are 100% of the mod you take them.
    EDIT: In the workshop many modders published shield textures as free sources as long as they mentioned in credits like Paleologos for example.
    Thanks for the patience with me much appreciated I'll send out a pm to Koultouras asap. Luckily you wont have to deal with my mistakes anymore since I'm pretty much done with Islam factions. Best of luck in your mod.

I played just over 100 turns as HRE. There were about 4 or 5 crashes at the end of turn after rebels. All but one were solved by simply reloading to the previous turn, while for one I had to reload to two turns earlier.

Otherwise, everything was fine. The Ayyubid's lost at least six generals/family members in one army while defending against a Crusade and then became an independent faction not long after that. Therefore, the Crusaders were in top five by the end of 100 turns.

Top five were Moors, Byzantium, France (my allies), Crusader States, Leon and Castile.

I have restarted as Sicily because I want to fight primarily against your new Islamic models.
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; August 15, 2022 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt2013 View Post
    Thanks for the patience with me much appreciated I'll send out a pm to Koultouras asap. Luckily you wont have to deal with my mistakes anymore since I'm pretty much done with Islam factions. Best of luck in your mod.
    The problem is not if you write the CREDITS or not for material of others you use. You must learn TO ASK PERMISIONS FIRST from them. ONLY IF YOU WONT HAVE ANSWERS in a timeframe you can add their work with credits for them.
    I pointed out in your previus release that Koultouras used TGC material for his BC submod. Instead of paying attention to that you ignored it and used it again without my or koultouras permision.
    That is the case. Do you know that i have the right to ask you to remove all these shields (models and paterns) from your mod? So do not use irony again.

The problem is not if you write the CREDITS or not for material of others you use. You must learn TO ASK PERMISIONS FIRST from them. ONLY IF YOU WONT HAVE ANSWERS in a timeframe you can add their work with credits for them.
    I pointed out in your previus release that Koultouras used TGC material for his BC submod. Instead of paying attention to that you ignored it and used it again without my or koultouras permision.
    That is the case. Do you know that i have the right to ask you to remove all these shields (models and paterns) from your mod? So do not use irony again.
    I did not mean to use material that was not part of Broken Crersent mod, I truly did not understand how credits worked with others giving permision to use material in mod and then how to differentiate whats off limits and so on or needs additional permissions. From the outside looking in it appears like the material is all Broken cresent. But apparently not. So when you notified me again of my mistake the first thing I did was sent a pm to Koultouras.

I rarely go through and read multiple pages of threads and it really is somewhat confusing how some parts of mods require more permissions. I said in previous posts I sent out pms to all I knew too and I did. Just missed some. But even If I did send out permissions you would'nt have known and you came on pretty strong. Like I was guilty regardless of taking material thats honestly in several other mods I believe, could be wrong.

I'll be doing more research for future persissions for sure also not sure what you mean by do not use irony again. If I offended you I had no intention.

I’m having a problem with what I figure must be your new siege script.

When I am besieging with a general and I am attacked by a relieving army, instead of the besieged army being forced to join the attack on me, I get the notice that I have ambushed the relieving army. Further, after I defeat the relieving army, my army is no longer besieging and I have to start the siege all over again. Is this intended? Is there any way to edit a script mid campaign to remove this?

When I remove my general from my besieging army, this problem no longer occurs, and the battle proceeds normally with the besieged army forced to join the relieving army in a do or die attempt to end my siege.

Actually, sometimes the relieving army just pulls my besieging army away from the siege and no battle ensues whatsoever.
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; August 21, 2022 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt2013 View Post
    I did not mean to use material that was not part of Broken Crersent mod, I truly did not understand how credits worked with others giving permision to use material in mod and then how to differentiate whats off limits and so on or needs additional permissions. From the outside looking in it appears like the material is all Broken cresent. But apparently not. So when you notified me again of my mistake the first thing I did was sent a pm to Koultouras.

I rarely go through and read multiple pages of threads and it really is somewhat confusing how some parts of mods require more permissions. I said in previous posts I sent out pms to all I knew too and I did. Just missed some. But even If I did send out permissions you would'nt have known and you came on pretty strong. Like I was guilty regardless of taking material thats honestly in several other mods I believe, could be wrong.

I'll be doing more research for future persissions for sure also not sure what you mean by do not use irony again. If I offended you I had no intention.
    You can find Free source material (with the proper credits ofcourse in the Medieval II :Total war Mod workshop/Tools ,Tutorials and resources.
    Example1 : Paleologos Free source material (if you use his creations give him his credits) .It includes Mulsim shields too. So if you mean what you say please remove those shields i pointed in my previus post and replace them with ones you will find in free sources.
    Example 2: Hrobatos Norman shields , (if you use his creations give him his credits ).
    Ofcourse Karaislam has some shield .
    As you can see there are plenty of resources free to use . I am waiting your next move please.

Actually, the problem I described above hasn't happened again, and so I don't think it has anything to do with your new siege script after all. I think I remember it happening with a different mod as well quite a long time ago, so I don't know why it infrequently happens. So no problem there. I really do like your new captain/siege script btw.
    I'm still on my Sicily campaign, turn 190, and there haven't been any crashes at all for at least 100 turns or more! The only odd thing has been that I was trying to build a Townhall Monument in many cities and was only able to successfully build a few. The others all queued up, but they froze at 25% or 50% or 75% complete, never to be move on from that point and thereby holding up my build ques. Even when I used the process_cq cheat I couldn't get them to complete. Finally, I just removed them from the build que completely and then carried on building other things.
    The last thing I will add is that on about turn 50 or so I did have a crash that would not go away even with reload. So I removed fow and saw that it occurred during the Ayyubid siege of rebel Damascus. I auto-auto resolved the battle with my own army giving Sicily the victory and then gifting the city to the Ayyubids, but I figure the crash may have been due to the rebel units in the city as when I tried to play the assult myself with Sicily it also crashed.
    Oh, and somehow the Mongols were defeated by turn 125 or so. Not sure how that happened so fast.

Update - Sept 7

I played over turn 200 on my Sicily campaign and still not another crash!
    I am now on turn 100 of my new Georgia campaign, and not even one crash yet, not even in rebel-held Damascus - go figure! I did lower some of my graphics, such as anti-aliasing, shadows, special effects, bloom, reflections, grass, and vegetation, and since I did that a few weeks ago, I haven't experienced another crash yet. Which is strange perhaps as I thought that these settings really only affected battle map crashes, and even then mostly only when having massive battles with lots of high-polycount models.
    I'm also using your fast turn script. Also, oddly, when I first started using it, my turns were still very slow. But of late they've been super fast. So perhaps this too is due to the lowered graphics, though once again, after years and years of gameplay, I did not think that such would be the case.
    So I'm not really sure why no more crashes and such fast turn times, but regardless, I'm very pleased! Thanks again for your beautiful work. I will continue to check back from time to time for any further patches or fixes!

Update - Sept 13

I started a new game as Georgia. I'm on turn 137 and still no crashes! The Ayyubid's and Abbassid's have both lost many settlements that they had conquered from the Crusader States and Independent Sovereignties to revolutions, and those cities have all reverted back to being rebel, which made them easy pickings for me. Now, as Georgia, on turn 137, I have a huge portion of the Levant, and three more Ayyubid and Abbassid settlements have just turned rebel. Also, the Mongols don't appear to be doing anything. They are just hovering near their starting point.
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; September 12, 2022 at 10:37 PM.

Excellent feedback this really helps when updating the mod thanks so much for this if you're still playing let me know how things go.

I'm playing some other games at the moment, but will let you know when I try 1191 again. I had to stop my last game as Georgia because I accidently deleted most of my saves. I was up to almost turn 200 as I recall, with no crashes, and was having a great time. I really like what you've done with your mod - the wonderful and varied models (looks very authentic), the slow pace and more emphasis placed on lower tier units, and the discarding of gunpowder units (which I believe the AI doesn't use well), and it is my new Medieval 2 Total War favorite, so I want to thank you again for all of your hard work. I look forward to seeing what will come in the future, and will probably try it next with the next major update or patch. Right now I'm trying to learn Distant Worlds 2 and Shadow Empire, so wish me luck.

I'm just curious. Are you planning or working on any updates of any kind?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast