Thread: Favourite Empire Total War campaigns

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Favourite Empire Total War campaigns

Which campaigns in Empire Total War have you enjoyed the most - and what made them particularly good or memorable, was it a mod you used, or something about the faction, or something unusual that happened in the campaign?

For me, it's the experience of leading the United States to independence - I like the idea of citizen volunteers (Minutemen) fighting for freedom from an oppressive empire, I enjoy sea battles with a faction that can recruit powerful heavy frigates, but tends (at least initially) to lack ships of the line and I like reading books about the American Revolutionary War, which adds to the enjoyment of a game that includes this.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Favourite Empire Total War campaigns

Using Causa Belli for DMUC, I led first Persia to become a great power, holding the Entire India and Middle East and large swaths of the Americas. Then I made a Hybrid-campaign* change and changed faction to play with Genoa, making the Genoese the dominant European power that controlled most of Europe. Between the two empires there were some border states.
    Then I made another Hybrid campaign change and go the USA in 1770s, fighting off the vast Persian holdings in the Americas and finally setting off for Europe to help the Genoese that were in a fight with the Persian Empire. Memorable moments were when I landed my armies in India to hit the finances of the Persian Empire, attacking the least defended and financially productive states they had in there and was facing stack after stack of Persian elite armies. The Armies I have built up.
    Glorious days...

*For those that don't know: Back in ETW, we could make a campaign out of a save game and choose any faction from those still remaining. We could fight off against the Empires we have built.
    It was done using Esfeditor 1.4.5 and this tutorial.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.