Thread: The compatibility of SS6.4 (with steam MTW2) for win11 is low!

Icon9 The compatibility of SS6.4 (with steam MTW2) for win11 is low!

I got my new laptop with Win 11 and tried to play SS6.4 and keep getting problems. Not only had I found my saves from other win 7 laptop is not working in the save version of SS6.4 in Win 11 laptop, what's worse. I unintalled my CD version of MTW 2 and installed the steam version of it and install SS6.4 to start a new game, and found it still crashes from time to time when entering the battlefield or in other cases. How frastrating this is... Does anyone has the same problem? Is there anyway we could make it more stable playing on win 11?
    Thanks!

Default Re: The compatibility of SS6.4 (with steam MTW2) for win11 is low!

My conclusion: Win 11 is not a good platform for SS6.4 at all, it might be a nightmare!
    I tried the CD verion of MTW2, Steam verion of MTW2, for SS6.4 I tried the older version of installation(6.3-6.4-1.27hotfix) and the new one-step installation. And yet problem remains!! I just try turkey in the game and surround the first wooden castle and next game enemy will try to break it out, then the game will quite likely to crash when entering the battle. I have to give up playing SS6.4 in my new computer.

Make sure you've made the exe Large Address Aware and turn on compatibility mode for windows 7 for said exe.
    Alii inferre bellum, facientibus pacem.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

If you are using my version don't forget to apply the 'loading screen bug' patch as well. Applying LAA and using compatibility mode certainly helps.