Thread: Europa Barbarorum II AAR: The Second Punic War

Icon1 Europa Barbarorum II AAR: The Second Punic War

Hey, this is my first time posting here but I did a little campaign write-up for a portion of my Europa Barbarorum II Romani playthrough. It's a little dry in the beginning because I didn't really know what to expect but as it evolved I think it really gained a lot of character. I'm not sure there'll be any interest in this because it's such an old mod for an even older game, but I hope whoever reads it enjoys!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II AAR: The Second Punic War

Welcome to TWC, huntdog12345! Thanks for posting your write-up, write-ups using old mods and older games are welcome in the Study!

If you'd like to post campaign write-ups in future, you might want to post them in instalments - this gives you more of a chance to build up views overtime.

Artifex

It doesn't matter that the mod is old, the settings rotate over the years anyway. Fans of Rome 2 should like this as well I think, and so on. Besides, people who are at all interested in reading AAR:s will likely be interested in reading things that have nothing to do with the game or mod they are playing as well (otherwise they will be found on youtube watching let's play videos instead).
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Welcome to the Writers' Study huntdog! As Maltacus pointed out most people will be drawn to your story's setting more than the actual game/mod you are using. Having said that there is still much love for Medieval 2 Total War and its numerous mods so I don't think anyone will be deterred from reading your story because it is an old mod for an old game.

I look forward to your story you've written down here and hope you continue the great and artful tradition of AAR-writing!