Thread: [WH3] Is it possible to limit non-unique buildings to specific regions (e.g. Ulthuan)?

Default [WH3] Is it possible to limit non-unique buildings to specific regions (e.g. Ulthuan)?

Pretty new to modding and i'm wondering if there's a db table that allows this.

Basically I am trying to create alternative versions of baseline buildings, so that certain areas would be more thematic and you wouldn't build the same stuff everywhere.
    For example corrupted elven, rather than baseline slaanesh buildings when N'kari conquers Ulthuan, or expeditionary buildings when an order faction moves into the chaos wastes (e.g. Boris).
    Ideally these would replace baseline buildings in those areas, while retaining them elsewhere.

But so far I have only found ways to give landmarks to specific single settlements or add buildings to an entire faction regardless of location

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|>Deus ex Machinegun<|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: [WH3] Is it possible to limit non-unique buildings to specific regions (e.g. Ulthuan)?

In theory yes, you need to assign different building chain to slot template.
    The problem is you cannot yet assign new slot template to region, this requires the Assembly Kit, not available for WH3 (it is for WH2). CA should release it "soon".

You can already do that for regions with a landmark if you want to try it, since a region with a landmark always have its own slot template.
    You are not limited to landmarks : you can have "corrupted elven barracks" in Lothern, Gaean Vale, Vaul's anvil...

Look at these tables
    - building_chain_set_items, note that you have a "remove" column
    - slot_template_permitted_building_chains
    Last edited by Steph; July 21, 2022 at 11:46 PM.

Default Re: [WH3] Is it possible to limit non-unique buildings to specific regions (e.g. Ulthuan)?

Thanks! But if I understand you correctly I would map the barracks to the landmark slot, thereby making it necessary to remove the landmark?

Because I already had conflicts when trying to map more than 1 landmark/building to the same slot template.

Then again, cities like Kislev have multiple landmarks ingame yet apparently also only one chain set (wh3_main_secondary_addon_landmark_kislev) or slot template (wh3_main_kislev_city_secondary) respectively.

Looks like this in the Building_chain_set_items_tables

wh3_main_special_ksl_kislev_1 wh3_main_secondary_addon_landmark_kislev
    wh3_main_special_ksl_kislev_2 wh3_main_secondary_addon_landmark_kislev
    wh3_main_special_ksl_kislev_3 wh3_main_secondary_addon_landmark_kislev
    wh3_main_special_ksl_kislev_4 wh3_main_secondary_addon_landmark_kislev
    wh_main_special_bokha_palace wh3_main_secondary_addon_landmark_kislev

Yet when I tried doing the same with Palace of Princes (which only has 1 landmark in vanilla) and which i use for testing purposes in lieu of Immortal Empires, it broke my game.
    Looked at all the possible conflicts (like building tiers, effects for factions not yet in the game etc) and the two landmarks work separately, just not if i bind them to the slot at the same time.

What am I missing?
    Last edited by Fulgrim88; July 23, 2022 at 04:38 AM.

Patrician Artifex

no, you don't need to remove the landmark. I said you can only tie to settlement which have a landmark, because they have their own specific slot_template. Settlement without landmark would share a generic slot_template, like 'minor_settlement", or "major_settlement'

Let's have a look at Cathay , with the example of Barracks
    Let say I want a special barracks only in Wei Jin.

I go to slot_template_permitted_building table, and look at wei jin. What I want here is the secondary slot (ie anything except the main settlement).

wh3_main_special_wei_jin_secondary_spices wh3_main_secondary_addon_garrison_major
    wh3_main_special_wei_jin_secondary_spices wh3_main_secondary_addon_landmark_wei_jin
    wh3_main_special_wei_jin_secondary_spices wh3_main_secondary_addon_res_spices
    wh3_main_special_wei_jin_secondary_spices wh3_main_secondary_core_generic_major

I can see this slot has spice, all the landmark for wei jin, and "core_generic_major".

For the landmarks, if I look building_chain_set_junction

wh3_main_secondary_addon_landmark_wei_jin wh3_main_special_celestial_palace
    wh3_main_secondary_addon_landmark_wei_jin wh3_main_special_paradise_gardens
    wh3_main_secondary_addon_landmark_wei_jin wh3_main_special_the_temple_of_the_two_moons

this means the chain_set landmark for wei jin allows 3 landmark building chain. I could add a fourth here if I want. Or I could use the remove column to remove one.

Then I look at wh3_main_secondary_core_generic_major, and I have a lot more entries
    and in chain_sets, I see that wh3_main_secondary_core_generic_major has a parent , wh3_main_secondary_core_generic_minor

This means the wei_jin slot can have all the chain defined in wh3_main_secondary_core_generic_major (all the major settlement building), but also all the chain defined in wh3_main_secondary_core_generic_minor
    inluding :
    wh3_main_cth_cavalry
    wh3_main_cth_jade_barracks

but also building from other factions:
    wh3_main_ksl_barracks
    wh3_main_ogr_barracks
    wh3_main_sla_barracks

so I want to change weijin, to have my own barracks the. I could make my "MySpecialWeiJinChainSet"'
    then add it to wh3_main_secondary_addon_landmark_wei_jin in slot_template_permitted_building, so this set is available in Wei_jin (but not NanGau)
    and then in building_chain_set_junction
    I would say "MySpecialWeiJinChainSet" removes "wh3_main_cth_jade_barracks" on one line, and on second line adds "'MyOwnBarracks"
    Last edited by Steph; July 23, 2022 at 05:19 AM.

Thanks a lot for the indepth reply! It worked!

Patrician Artifex

When we have the Assembly Kit, and we can make each region unique (that's what Mixu did with the Unlocker for Game 2), when we can have any kind of building combination for each region